Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
- Nasal polypsis is a disease affecting the adults. When children below 10 are affected, cystic fibrosis needs to be ruled out.
- Small polyps cause no symptoms at all.
- Larger ones can cause obstruction in the air passages of the nose causing stuffiness or blocked sensation.
- Partial or total loss of sense of smell.
- When they obstruct the discharge from the sinus openings, polyps lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Sneezing and watery nasal discharge due to associated allergies.
- Asthma and aspirin sensitivity may be present in patients with ethmoidal polyps.
- Unilateral nasal obstruction may be present in patients with an antrochoanal polyp.
- Headache, snoring and a permanent runny nose, facial pain, hyponasal voice and cough.
Treatment of Nasal Polyps with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is very effective in dealing with these little growths. Not only are the symptoms removed, the growths themselves vanish over a period of time. Homeopathy is uniquely placed as it takes into account not only the symptoms, but also the causes of the problem. Some causes are at times obvious. Others may not be obvious and are subtle. These may be the stress factors that the person had been undergoing before the problem surfaced. There may be some other things that need the experience of a seasoned homeopath to decipher.
Timely administered homeopathic medicines help avoid surgery and its inherent complications. Moreover, it is very common for the condition to recur even after surgery. Homeopathy is therefore highly recommended for people who have had surgery done to remove nasal polyps as the treatment would have a preventive effect, by which chance of recurrence is minimized.
In short, the treatment is targeted towards the root cause of the illness and hence the disease is treated from the core. Homeopathy believes in treating the patient and not just the disease.
There are 70 remedies which give great relief. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus medicines are tailor-made unlike allopathy in which all patients receive the same drugs or surgery although trade name may be different.
For total cure, the treatment must be taken seriously for about 2 to 3 years depending upon the number and size of nasal polyps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello, My son is 3 year old. And he is suffering from cough and cold and throat infection. He is not eating well. He having cough during sleeping and eating. What should I do? I tried honey, haldi, tulsi, ginger but no relief. He get this problem again n again whenever he eat chocolate, biscuit or other food from out side please give needful answer.
I having irritation in throat occur any time from last 14 months my age is 21 years I think I am having allergy to dust Can I take corticosteroid for few days.
I have a back pain and nose blocking from last one year tried many medicine but nothing is change now my pain' s a lot then before please do give me some options or medicine something by the pain will stop
Hi. I am suresh. I am 25 years old. My problem is from last 3 month at throat place infection unhealthy uvula. Morning wakeup time some dry. Breathing problem. Neck place some pain came. I already used some tables used but not cured. Have any tests for this. Please suggest me.
Hi, Iam suffering from sore throat from last 8 days can you suggest me what can I do to overcome this and sometimes its difficult to swallow food also.
I am 55 year old female. I am suffering from throat pain for two months. My voice reduces. What should I do?
Dizziness or vertigo is a feeling of being off centre, which makes a patient feel like there is lack of balance. This is especially apparent when one is at a height or while wearing footwear with high heels. It may be caused due to a variety of causes, and ear problems are one of the primary causes of this kind of dizziness.
Let us take a look at the various ear problems and how they can cause dizziness or vertigo:
- Infection: The bacteria or virus that causes cold and loose motions can also cause an ear infection. This can give rise to temporary vertigo which may last up to six weeks or more. Dizziness or vertigo happens in such cases because the viral effect spreads to the inner ear which causes a ringing and off balance sensation. The general physician or ENT specialist will usually prescribe a round of medicines only if the condition becomes too severe to handle.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: This kind of dizziness is also known as BPPV and may be caused due to the motion of a calcium particle known as otolith, in the ear. This can cause a fluttering movement that gives the sensation of falling down or losing balance. This usually takes place in the part of the ear that catches the sensation of gravity. The movement of the otolith can make the patient feel as if his or her head is turning or swaying, while in reality the patient may be stationery. This problem can be fixed with the help of a two minute therapy known as Epley Manoeuvre, which can be conducted easily in the ENT specialist's clinic.
- Meniere's Disease: There is actually a specific condition that is characterised primarily by dizzy spells and vertigo. The other symptoms of this ear bone condition include ringing of the ears, loss of hearing, and the feeling of fullness or pressure build up in the ears. This can be fixed with therapy and drugs as well as hearing loss aids.
- Dandy's Syndrome: This is an ear condition where the patient constantly feels like he or she is bouncing up and down. This condition hits patients who are on antibiotic medication for any kind of infection, and it subsides once the medication is done with. It occurs in such cases because certain kinds of antibiotics may be toxic for the ear. One may also see natural improvement in the condition over the passage of time.
- Tumours: Other reasons like tumours and strokes can also cause vertigo on a temporary or permanent basis.
Dizziness due to ear problems can be due to a number of mild to severe reasons. It is best to get these causes checked.