Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karunakaran
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am having kind of dust in my ear which makes me unable to hear the dust is like a barrier to my ear not allowing sound to enter. Should I clean my ear by a doctor or any thing that can be done by myself.
Hello, Two months ago I had throat infection causing problem in sleeping and difficulty in breathing. Can this lead to anemia because in my blood test report, my hb is 11.8 and in winters I feel that my feet easily get cool and not easily get warm? Do I have to take any supplement for this?
I am 17 year old young boy and having hardly pain in my left ear last 5 year. Please tell me the safely medicine and its causes for pain.
I am having white spots in the throat. Doctor prescribed me monocef o CV 200 five days two tablets daily. The infection is still there a little bit. How many days should I continue the tablet and what is the dosage?
I am 57 years old male. I am having neurological problem whose symptoms are dizziness which are very frequent. And also results in multiple vision.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
Hi sir/mam I am female my age is 20. I am suffering alot from tinnitus in my two ears I can't sleep nd can't study I had test of ears at ent hsptl but my two ears are normal but in one ear secretion of wax is more nd ring sound in two ears plzz help me out I am not finding any treatment am suffering alot :(plzz prescribe me here becoz I can't afford to cum. please plz am Reqstng uh to solve my prblm
The vast majority of us never consider our sinuses when we take a full breath through the nose. For others, this problem of stuffy nose, excruciating headaches, fever and infections, in episodes of sicknesses, last up to twelve weeks no less than four times each year. We should take a look at how this issue occurs and how to help them through Maharishi Ayurveda. This is how sinusitis occurs:
- Sinus issues are really brought on by a fundamental irregularity in Prana Vata (the subdosha of Vata that sees the brain and the head) and Shleshaka Kapha (a subdosha of Kapha, which administers oil and dampness levels).
- At the point when these two sub-doshas are at the same time imbalanced, another problem emerges. Ama, the sticky waste that is a result of processing, gets blended with Shleshaka Kapha in the sinus area, shaping a more toxic, sticky bodily fluid called Shleshma. Shleshma settles in the zone and stops the channels of the sinuses. Because of the confinement and blocking, Pitta dosha likewise gets to be imbalanced, and irritation occurs.
- At that point when each of the three doshas are out of adjustment, the body turns into a ground for bacteria, allergens, or infections. Air contamination, changes of hot and frosty climate increase it further. Eating unnecessary measures of chilly, sweet, not being able to workout or exercise can add to the problem.
Here is how it can be cured through Ayurveda:
Step 1: Eat foods that are not very hot, furthermore not very chilly. Stay away from extraordinary temperatures or foods that have extreme temperatures, for example, stew peppers or super cold foods and refreshments. Eat properly cooked, warm dinners that are light, sustaining, and simple to process. For instance, for breakfast, you could eat a stewed apple, and for the dinner eat khichari (a light and sustaining porridge made with two sections rice and one section mung dhal).
Step 2: Drink a lot of water seasoned with flavours, to decontaminate the sinuses of toxins and to allow the harmful waste that has developed to stream out. Bubble two quarts of water, empty the water into a bottle, and put two leaves of basil, two thin cuts of ginger, four leaves of mint, two bits of clove, and ¼ teaspoon of marshmallow root. Continue drinking this water for the duration of the day, however, make it again every morning.
Step 3: Detoxify the body and restore the sinus territory. Eat a lot of natural, crisp foods grown from the ground. Abstain from eating eggplant, banana, tomato and pepper, since these block the channels. Try not to skip meals or suppers, since that will annoy the stomach and create more problems for your body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!