Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karunakaran
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from nasal congestion, running nose, can you prescribe any medicine (I can't take pain killer because of kidney cyst)
I am a 25 yrs old male.I am having a severe pain in both the ears and my right ear is bleeding and sometimes fluid comes out. Please help me. -Thanks.
I was suffering from sinusitis for last two years. It only temporarily decrease but not permanent cure.
My wife is having cough, cold, sore throat (burning sensation) and fatigue. Just want to confirm if its viral or dengue or something else? What medicines to take? Please tell me.
I am 24 years old, from past 3 weeks I started smoking everyday, slight chest and throat pain started, what should I do? What's the reason behind it?
Hello sir, I am 36 years old man. My xray report says maxillary sinusitis and my ct scan says that minimal ethmoid sinusitis and my nasal septum is deviated. Which is correct. Im taking montelukast in night and drops for nose. I am continuously having dull pain and pressure in my cheek area. Kindly help to reduce my pain. I do not have problem to rake food, drink water and to speak. It hurts me. 2 or 3 doctors changed tablets but I do not have relief. How many days sinusitis pain will remain? Please help me.
My uncle has got a sudden bleeding from his nose, when we take him to the hospital doctor has given him first XAMIC- INJECTION, and followed by BLOOD PRESSURE test. And finally doctor decided for the carotene DOPLLER test. Can we have a brief suggestions from your side, which will help him to take better treatment. Patient has already having the habits of drinking and smoking.
I have suffered from ear pain & suddenly blood comes out from ear. What is reason behind it & how it be curred?
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!