Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karishma JayanthiYour feedback matters!
As per your medication I used homeopathic medicine namely ARS, sulp. 3x continuously for 3 months for white patches now what to do, will I continue the same or have to made any change.
I have fungal infection at around my groins area between my legs and its very itchy and irritable. Sometime I can't control itching and its bleeding from skins. What should I do? please help me.
From past 3 years my hairs are getting rough, it makes me uncomfortable when I go out. And in getting the hairstyle I want, I want soft silky hairs. So how can I get rid of rough hairs? Please help me. THANK YOU.
Lybrate | Dr. Arathi speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Jayanta Pal speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am 16 years old boy. My groins between my thighs has fungus which itches. I am applying some cream and has no no effect. We use dettol for washing cloths. Pl. suggest some remedy.
Did my thyroid profile test and found T3, T4, ft3, and ft4 levels in normal range but tsh levels are high around 9. Taking thyronorm 25 mcg daily one tablet. Also suffers from hail fall, excess weight, dry skin (face skin us oily) and fatigue.
How to get thicker, shiny black hair? how to regrow forehead hairs? Is it okay to use mixture of honey and lemon juice over scalp?
My father and my uncle both are suffering from psoriasis problem, and that too many years. They have consulted many doctors here but no there is no permanent cure. I hope any one of you might help me out.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.