Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Kannan GkYour feedback matters!
My mid set changes every now and then and I fell dipress suddenly sometimes and I get angry sometimes all of a sudden I fell I'm of no use and sometimes I fell like stressed and now day I can remember anything for a long time max if I read something I can remember only fr 10- 15 mins please help me as days go on im loosing my memory.
I don't remember many things at proper time, if I tried to remember headache starts and feel that memory becomes blanked. But later times l could remember those things. Sometimes I cannot hold pen or any other thing in my hand since hands becomes senseless and after long time sitting legs also becomes senseless. I have cold allergy and maximum times nose is blocked, becomes painful during winter season and also have eye floaters. My study is thus affected and becomes depressed. Please tell me suggestions. I am 23 years old.
Sir, This is about my sister. She is in 10th standard and never behave properly with any member of the family. She live in her own thoughts. Sometimes she gets irritated and also use to shouts on others.
Dear doctors I have a serious problem and its causing depression and anti social symptoms in me. My problem is that whenever I start talking with a girl I unintentionally look towards there neck and chest. I try to not look as much as I can but my eyes seem to go over there again and again while having face to face conversation and then the girl also notices me looking n then they start adjusting, which is very embarrassing for me. Then I feel embraced and stop talking with them. I do not know this effect has come to me suddenly. Before I was not like this. And slow and steadily the problem has increased. The most embarrassing part. Before it was with girls now its with guys too. I do not know why, I do not have any wrong intension but this is happening to me. Is it a mental or physiological problem. please help me with this problem. Sincere request.
Dear sir, I am 30 years old man & a chain smoker (15-20 cigarettes in a day) planning to have a kid. But I want to quite my smoking before that. Various times I tried it but always fails. Kindly suggest me some thing other then self control so that I can quite my smoking.
Having a healthy brain is equally important as is staying physically fit. Good mental health is absolutely essential. Apart from regular exercises there are certain foods also which can help you to maintain good mental health. Below mentioned are few foods, essential for having a healthy brain:
- Include Fish in your Diet: If you are a non- vegetarian then include oily fishes like salmon, sardines in your diet. These fishes are replete with omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. All these are essential for the brain to function efficiently.
- Munch on Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E can help you prevent your brain from Alzheimer’s disease. Nuts are also beneficial for elderly people and can help them combat the problem of memory loss.
- Keep Preparations with Green Leafy Vegetables on your Menu: Vegetables like cabbage; broccoli is abundant in anti-oxidants. Broccoli is also a good supplement for Vitamin K. These help to develop your memory and also keep brain diseases like Alzheimer's, Dementia at bay.
- Have a Sweet Tooth for Blueberries: This fruit is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin C and K. It helps to deal with problems like memory loss, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Add Eggs to your Breakfast Menu: Eggs are rich in choline and also protein. It acts as a very good food for developing a healthy brain.
- Get Addicted to Avocadoes: Avocadoes help to tackle problems like hypertension, blood pressure and also help in smooth flowing of blood. They also contain Vitamin K and C which help in memory development.
- Go for Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour, flour, oatmeal provide energy to your brain. They supply glucose and are thus considered to be very good brain foods.
The above mentioned foods are easily available and can help you to develop a healthy brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How to get a good concentration. Is there any ayurvedic medicine. How to use it. And in how many days I will get result.
I am 19 year old male and I have very tone voice like girls have. Please suggest any medicine or syrup to get rid of it.
Hi sir, Mujhe bahut gussa aatta hai etna k out of control ho jata hai. Please suggest me something for that.
I have been feeling giddiness from about 18 months. I feel this when I speak loador jog or walk fast. It is causing me a lot of problems. I am not able to concentrate and I left my job due to this reason. When I checked with the doctor they told me I do not have any problem. They checked my entire nerve system, ear system, blood check up, thyroid checkup. I do not know whether I have any problem with my brain because 18 months back I had felt some kind of a pain in my head for about 1-2 minutes. After that the giddiness started. Please help. Thanks.
Hello Dr. I'm a medico, completed my medicine, preparing for for pg examinations, got bad result in the previous NEET exam, Felt very bad with the result, how to cope up with the stress, I'm not able to able to concentrate even half an hour for studying in the study room, tell me some tips so, that. I can concentrate on what I study, can sustain this hectic pg entrance preparation. Any tips memory. Please doc.
I have body problems as well as memory problem. I feel headache sometimes. I have masturbation problem. Night fullness of sperm etc. I am suffering it from 3 years. Please tell me the cure of this.
I am a girl of 25 years old and I have been smoking like three cigarettes a day what will be the effects in my future please tell me?
Whenever I talk to anyone I feel stressed. In normal scenario also I become stressed while conversing. I think too much unnecessarily. While talking to any senior my heart beat increases and not only that it happens when I impart training to any group. I have habit of smoking 3-4 cigarettes daily. Please help me out to get rid of it.
Warning Signs of Mental Illness
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.