Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. KannanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from indigestion formation of gas and not cleared stool. Suggestion for the above problems.
Hi I am Suresh 25 years old but I have no job mentally disturbed and also so many friends I lose. I feel I am alone. Health also so bad. I have gastric problem. Please support me. What can I do for these problems solve.
I am having gastric and some times filling pain in heart with vitamin b12&d deficiency. While workout getting pain in my heel. Need suggestion whether to continue workout or not ?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a blend of stomach discomfort or pain and issues with bowel routines: either constipation or diarrhea; or having a different kind of stool (slender, hard, or delicate and fluid). A healthy routine diet by and large comprises of eating a wide number of nutritious, low-fat nourishments with some restraint. Be that as it may, you may see an increase in your symptoms after you eat certain kinds of food when you have an irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Since side effects can fluctuate between patients, there is not just one list of off-limit foods, but with that said, there are a plenty of foods that are good for your health and do not irritate your bowel habits. By staying away from the most basic irritants of IBS, you may see more consistency and also less cramps and bloating. Some of the foods that you can consume during IBS are as follows:
- Fiber adds bulk to your digestive system. It is broadly accessible in grains, vegetables and natural products. Eating a lot of insoluble fiber as grains can increase your trips to the bathroom. Concentrate on soluble fiber. This includes vegetables and natural products.
- While the insoluble fiber content in whole grains might be an irritant in IBS indications, certain grains cause different issues. Items containing rye, wheat, and grain contain gluten. This is a sort of protein that can harm your digestion tracts and increase symptoms of IBS. While a hypersensitivity to gluten is known as celiac infection, in any case half the patients in IBS are gluten-intolerant. Fortunately, more gluten-free items are available in the market these days. In case you cannot manage without pizza, pasta, cakes, you can simply substitute them with gluten-free products of the same kind.
- Consume plenty fruits and vegetables.
- Take carbohydrates in required quantity like bread, rice, oats, pasta, potatoes, chapattis and plantain.
- If you happen to be lactose intolerant, include substitutes like soya, rice or oat, milk and yogurts that are rich in calcium.
- Some meat, fish, eggs and alternatives like beans.
- Take a limited amount of foods high in fats and sugars. Decrease intake of saturated fat that is found in butter, ghee, cheddar, meat, cakes and baked goods. Substitute these with unsaturated fats found in vegetable oils, for example, sunflower, rapeseed and olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
- Drink a lot of liquid, no less than two liters every day, for example, water or natural teas.
Whenever you go out to eat, make sure you ask for gluten-free food. Sometimes, certain kinds of food might appeal to you but try not to get tempted too often by the menu and harm your health because of it. Stick to a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My wife & daughter get acidity & burping at least once a month. Which foods & drinks should they avoid. Thanking you.
Sir I have a problem for acidity, my problem for last 8, 9 months, I thik I have a problem for haris, so please tell what I do now?
Meera Jigar aur pliha shayad bhad gaya ha ma kamjoor hota ja raha HU mughe proper balanced diet bAtaye aur medicine bhi.
Peptic ulcer disease (PUD), also known as a peptic ulcer or stomach ulcer, is a break in the lining of the stomach, first part of the small intestine, or occasionally the lower esophagus. An ulcer in the stomach is known as a gastric ulcer while that in the first part of the intestines is known as a duodenal ulcer. The most common symptoms are waking at night with upper abdominal pain or upper abdominal pain that improves with eating. The pain is often described as a burning or dull ache. Other symptoms include belching, vomiting, weight loss, or poor appetite.
-Peptic ulcers are sores in the lining of the stomach or duodenum.
- Ulcer pain may not correlate with the presence or severity of ulceration.
- The main symptom of peptic ulcer is upper abdominal pain which can be dull, sharp, or burning. (Bloating and burping are not symptoms of peptic ulcer, and vomiting, poor appetite, and nausea are uncommon symptoms of peptic ulcer.)
- Diagnosis of ulcer is made with upper GI series or endoscopy.
- Complications of ulcers include bleeding, perforation, and blockage of the stomach (gastric obstruction).
- If a person with peptic ulcers smokes or take NSAIDs, the ulcers may recur after treatment.
Causes of Peptic Ulcer Disease-
-Use of painkillers called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin, naproxen.
- Excess acid production from gastrinomas, tumors of the acid producing cells of the stomach that increases acid output
- Excessive drinking of alcohol
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Serious illness
Homoeopathic medicine for Peptic Ulcer Disease-
Avery good Homoeopathic medicines commonly used for peptic ulcers are - Belladonna, Borax, Colocynth, Bryonia, Dulcamara, Nux Vom, Symphytum, Hydrastis, Arg Nit, Acid nit, Aethusa, Ars Alb, Geranium, Hydratis, Merc cor, Ornithogalum, Phos, Uranium nit, Terebintha, Graph, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Kali Bich, Lycopodium, Carbo Veg, Antim crud, Calc carb, Med, Nat mur, Nat phos, China, etc.