Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kannan D
Submit a review for Dr. Kannan DYour feedback matters!
I'm 27 years male and having a burning feeling from inside from 2 days. It starts from above part of chest to neck i'm unable to eat as food doesn't go down. Is it acidity? or what i'm not able to identify it. What shall I do?
How to get relief from sudden acidity attack by home remedies in absence of ENO or any other acidity relief medicines.
Frequent urination, blurred vision, difficultly concentrating, stomach problems, fatigue and tiredness, itchy skin, constant hunger, excessive abdominal fat, nerves problem These are my symptoms I take daily one tablet HIPRES-50 to keep control BP. Day before yesterday diagnosed with 18 mm gallbladder stone, liver enlarged & stones in kidney. I'm facing lot's of problems with my health, kindly suggest me your opinion, thanks & regards.
Dear sir, I have acidity problem. Can you please suggest me some food types to overcome tis problem.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of ulcers or open sores, in the innermost layer of the large intestine. It is a form of inflammatory bowel disease. Even though there is no absolute cause of ulcerative colitis, there are some possible factors such as genetics, infections and stress. It mostly seems to be hereditary in the sense that of the 10-30% people that have ulcerative colitis, most of them have one close family member with the same condition.
The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Diarrhoea with blood and mucus
- Abdominal pain can range from mild discomfort to painful cramping
- Weight loss
Treatment of Ulcerative colitis: Even though conventional treatment such as corticosteroids and aminosalicylates are used to reduce inflammation, homeopathic treatment can help stop the bleeding and diarrhoea. A long-term remission is possible, and future attacks can be prevented by homeopathy.
Some of the common homeopathic ulcerative colitis remedies are:
- Argentum nitricum: This is used to relieve diarrhoea with mucus and blood, excessive gas; it is also used to treat anxiety that may arise from diarrhoea.
- Arsenicum album: This is used if the stool is foul smelling and frequent, especially at night, and there is a burning pain in the abdomen; fear of disease and death along with sudden chills is also treated by Arsenicum album.
- Mercurius corrosivus: This is used to treat haemorrhagic and ulcerative lesions, severely painful defecation and painful foul smelling diarrhoea with blood; it might be taken if the pain remains even after defecation.
- Nitricum acidum: This is used if there is diarrhoea with mucus and blood and stinging pains; it is also taken if there are chills coupled with irritable anxiety.
- Phosphorus: It is used to treat bloody and painless diarrhoea; it is also used to treat emotional oversensitivity to the feelings of others. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.