Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Kamalakar RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir I have breathing problem and have feeling pain near around chest part. I have checked my bp and taken chest x ray but it's shows normal and have taken some medicine suggested by a Dr. But there is no relief and as cold growing by breathing problem is also increasing and I am feeling very helpless. Sir please suggest me proper way of treatment. Please sir.
Hi, I am 24 years 6 months older. Problem is, I could not able to move the foreskin backwards when my penis is in erected position. I heard that this will be an issue while having sex. Is this true? If yes, could you please let me know what is the best solution for tight foreskin. -TIA.
I eat do much of healthy food with proper diet. But my body doesn't respond on that I m so slim and I have a very poor immunity system what should I do.
My penis is too weak due to excessive nightfall, now it got shrunk and bunch of circular acnes on the top of it. What should I do?
Will you please tell name of decease & further treatment according to reports. 1) HBsAg = reactive, 2) LFT, LIPID PROFILE are normal, 3) urine (MICRAL) = NEGATIVE, 4) HBV, DNA (QUANTITATIVE) 474 IU/ML (log10 value 2.68 IU/ML), 5) HBeAg = NEGATIVE, 6) All blood & urine reports are normal.
I am 64 years old and having regular cough problem. I am a diabetic patient too. Even I avoid all cold items. But still cough does not stop. Request remedy for this.
Hi, age-28. I like to know about delay spray for men. Is it has any side effects such sex related disease. Can I use it. Because I want long time intercourse. Please reply. Thank you.
So, couples can avoid pregnancy and enjoy sex life fully, only if they can follow safe and effective contraceptive advice. Let me clarify some popular myths and misconceptions abut contraception.
1. one contraception is useful for all
While the ideal contraceptive is necessary but it does not exist. So, what may seem suitable for a couple may not be useful for another couple. We need to assess various points like number of children they have, wish to have further children and plan to have children, general health of wife and husband (and any diseases they suffer from), frequency of intercourse, chance of infection, age of the partners etc.
2. Regarding barrier methods
Most popular barrier method is male condom. But the myths are that" condoms reduce sexual pleasure" and" condoms get easily damaged leading to failure.
Condoms are specially useful for those who are at risk of infections, who do not have very frequent intercourse and who are not suitable for other methods. Condoms do not decrease sexual pleasure, some of the condoms have medicated products which can increase the duration of intercourse and also act as lubricant to facilitate intimacy.
But men should know how to use it properly. It should be worn in erect penis expelling all the air and projecting the tip beyond the tip of penis. While withdrawing penis after intercourse, the condom should be held at the base of the penis. Actually failure/ rupture of condoms occur because of mishandling of condom or not knowing proper use of it. So, before use, please make sure that you know its correct use.
Definitely some men can feel latex allergy and they have to use non-latex condom, which are widely available.
There are barrier methods for females also- like female condom, diaphragm and cervical cap etc. But they are not very ease to use and are not so popular.
3. Oral contraceptive pills (ocp)
Myths-" ocp causes increase in weight" ocp causes cancers.
Facts- ocp seldom causes gain in weight. The gain in weight is coincidental, that means you have some other reason of gaining weight- like not having exercise, ignoring diet control and some other diseases.
Ocp rather reduces risk of cancer- especially ovarian cancer (which is very difficult to diagnose and very lethal), cancer of colon, cancer of endometrium (inner lining of uterus). Of course, there is little risk of breast cancer, but the risk is not very high, it can be easily detected by examination by doctor. So, if you take ocp, get rid of all the fears. Just try to have self- breast examination every month.
4. Intrauterine contraceptive devices (iucd)-
Most popular is copper t. Medicated iucds are also available, that contains hormonal drugs.
Copper t does not increase risk of infection, a common misconception lies among woman.
5. Emergency contraceptive pills (i pill etc).
Often couple uses these pills regularly after intercourse. Remember these pills contain very high content of hormonal drugs, which can lead to serious side effects like hormonal imbalance, irregularities in periods (and thus can prevent you from getting pregnant in future, even when you want pregnancy), ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside tubes that are life-threatening) etc. So, use regular contraception if you want to prevent pregnancy. I pill is not meant to be taken for every time of sex.
Ligation of male (vasectomy) and female (tubectomy) is done as permanent contraception for couples having more than 2 children. Ligation in male does not disturb sexual activity. It is easier than female ligation. Again, female ligation is also a very safe technique.
So, please remove all misconceptions and myths about contraception. Have safe sex, enjoy life.
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.