Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KalyanYour feedback matters!
My mother aged about 63 years having severe knee problem and she is not able to walk properly. What kind of diet and medicines she has to take to avoid operation.
I am suffering from neck pain for 7 days. And headache also. What should I do. Please can you suggest me some medicine to remove the pain.
I am 30 yrs old and I have been diagnosed with Osteonecrosis on the right knee, size of lesion is about 7-8 mm. I am suffering from the pain for the last 01 year but it has not healed on its own. It has been suggested by some doctors that i undergo ACI procedure and by others the BMAC procedure. It has been advised by CMC Vellore that alternatively i can also take the platelet rich plasma injection for healing. The best method of treatment may please be suggested. Considering all of their opinions, i have decided on the BMAC procedure at NH Whitefield, Bangalore or Apollo Chennai. The best for me may please be suggested.
I have a back pain from a long time. And I want to tackle it by yoga so suggest yoga. Types to tackle lower back pain.
I am 26 years old female n m unmarried from last year I am suffering from back pain, but I do not take any medicine for that. So can you please help me out form this problem.
My husband is having slipped disc Now he is having extreme knee pain. Is this because of slip disc?Please tell.
I was a patient of bone tb. I had it on my left knee. It's been 3 years but still I have ache sometimes specially in the days of period.
Meri mother ke both legs me sujan rahti h. Doctors ko batane par abhi tak unhone kuch nahi batate.Kon-konse test karbaye 2-3 sal se aisa h.Unme chatk-chatak rahti h.
Dear sir/madam, I am 40 years old past 6 months I am suffering with knee pain & legs having slight swelling, my weight is 82 kg, I wont get time for walking & exercise. I am working women, these days I am not able to sit on floor and low seating while getting up my knees were paining a lot my office timing are 9: 30 to 6: 30 and my journey up and down 3 hours. So I wont get time for exercise. Please give me some tips, food and medicine for my weight loss & knee pain. Thank you.
Sir, Mere mother ko chikengunia hua tha. Fever thik hai. Lekin joint me bahut pain ho raha hai. Suggest me.
I am 31 year old male and suffering from severe ankle pain every day in the morning since one year. I am not diabetic. Kindly tell what would be the reason and suggest medicine.
Sir/ma'am I am feeling tightness in my neck in left side from last two weeks but I have no pain not any difficulty in swallowing anything. I just feel discomfort. What is it please tell me?
1. Standing… keeping one foot forward of the other, with knees slightly bent, takes the pressure off your low back.
2. Sitting… sitting with your knees slightly higher than your hips provides good low back support.
3. Reaching… stand on a stool to reach things that are above your shoulder level.
4. Moving Heavy Items… pushing is easier on your back than pulling. Use your arms and legs to start the push. If you must lift a heavy item, get someone to help you.
5. Lifting… kneel down on one knee with the other foot flat on the floor as near as possible to the item you are lifting. Lift with your legs, not your back, keeping the object close to your body at all times.
6. Carrying… two small objects (one in either hand) may be easier to handle than one large one. If you must carry one large object, keep it close to your
7. Sleeping… sleeping on your back puts 55 lbs. of pressure on your back. Putting a couple of pillows under your knees cuts the pressure in half. Lying on your side with a pillow between your knees also reduces the pressure.
8. Weight Control… additional weight puts a strain on your back. Keep within 10 lbs. of your ideal weight for a healthier back.
9. Quit Smoking… smokers are more prone to back pain than nonsmokers because nicotine restricts the flow of blood to the discs that cushion your vertebrae.
10. Minor Back Pain… treat minor back pain with anti-inflammatories and gentle stretching, followed by an ice pack.
For More Details & advices
Dr. Aniket Solanki
My friend amar is a student and he has regular backpain. It is difficult for him to study. Kindly suggest some measures which he can take.
Facial paralysis can happen due to many factors. Sometimes inflammation develops around the facial nerve as it passes through the skull from the brain. This presses on the nerve and makes it stop functioning. As the nerve stops functioning, so does the muscle it controls.
This is what happens in Bell’s palsy, the most common cause of facial paralysis.
Bell’s palsy can happen to anyone and its cause is, hold your breath, a viral infection. Herpes zoster, Varicella zoster and HIV viruses can cause Bell’s palsy.
Bell's palsy is a common cause of a facial paralysis but there are many others too that affect or damage facial nerve. These include head injury, sarcoidosis, lyme disease, growths in the ear, tumours in the parotid gland, brain tumors and stroke.
The weakness of the face usually one-sided is a symptom of Bell’s palsy. The face may droop to one side, chewing food is also tough, drooling, dry eyes and difficulty wrinkling forehead and speech are other symptoms of Bell’s palsy, the most common reason for facial paralysis.
The type of therapy you receive for facial paralysis will depend on its cause. It will also develop on how long you’ve suffered from facial paralysis and the extent of damage to the facial nerve.
Your physiotherapist can help and so can speech and language therapists to deal with the issue.
In physiotherapy, a treatment called 'facial retraining' with facial exercises helps with facial palsy. It is important that you seek help from a therapist who specialises in facial rehabilitation only.
This is what you can expect from facial rehabilitation therapy-
Exercises for eye care
Exercises for dry mouth management
Exercises to make drinking and eating easier
Your physiotherapist will educate you on how the facial nerve works and how it recovers. This is important to make you recover. A home therapy programme plays an important role too. It includes massages to keep face muscles mobile and healthy, stretches to lengthen muscles, exercises to help re-learn balanced facial movements and relaxation of your facial nerve and muscles.
The physiotherapist will work on your facial movement to make muscles fit. The basic idea is to slowly rewire the brain-to-nerve-to-muscle pathway. The physiotherapist’s first step is to retrain you to do correct movements voluntarily, while mentally focusing on the movement.
Physiotherapy may take months but keep at it to recover completely, especially the home exercises.
Injections of botulinum toxin or Botox also help especially if you suffer from spasms in facial muscles. Surgery is also an option for chronic cases.
Remember that exercises should be done gently as well as daily to reap benefits. Always do these exercises with the help of a therapist only. Doing exercises by yourself can be counter- productive.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.