Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KalyanYour feedback matters!
Sir, Meri mummy ko joint me pain rehta h or swollen bhi ho jata h joint me or is wajah se weakness bhi aa gya h Bahut jagah treatment chala lekin koi sudhar nhi aaya hum ghar me kya ker skte h ya kya khane ko de Jis se meri mummy ko thoda sa bhu aaram ho. Please sir help me.
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.
I have pain in shoulder arms about 1year what I will do that pain reduce I had x ray our shoulder bt its not broke so tell me what I will do.
I am suffering from back pain. In a scanning report I had disc problem. So how can I overcome that problem. what remedies to take.
I have developed spur at the ankle bone which is paining me while I am walking. I came to know this when I took the Xray. I am given to wear an anklet but it pains me when I bend my leg. Can you suggest a remedy. than.
I am suffering from cough n cold. My nose is blocked for that so I can't desperate well. Also my knee is suffering from pain.
My wife is Neuro psychiatric patient. She is suffering with body pains. Please prescribe any medicine without side effects.
My age was 16 but in my back I have pain all day about 3 month I have thar pain but there was no relief.
I am a 35 year old woman and suffering from shoulder pain. My both hands not up clearly from five years. I suggested many dr in patna but not success. Please give a right advice.
I have shoulder strain I prefer some desi and ayurvedic treatment but not relief please suggest me best treatment and give me opening about shoulder surgery. .
I am 57 years old male and having pain in both my elbows since last few months. I am able to move them but have pain with movement. There is no swelling but feel stiffness. Please advise.
I am 28 year old man. My problem is right leg are burning and lower back pain earlier 2 month so I request to you please give correct suggestion.
I am prakash jain age 25. I have back pain in 5 days. I am not using any type of medicine please help.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.