Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KalavathiYour feedback matters!
I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend it wasn't deep, what happened next that after 2 days there was severe pain on the stomach of her what could be the reason and how it could be sorted out, is any risk of pregnancy, please advise.
I think am 3 weeks pregnant and I have taken mtp kit (T pill )but I do not bleed what's wrong with? I got positive result on prega news kit.
Is it possible to treat endometriosis completely with the help of homeopathic medicine? I hv 6 mm endometrioma in my left ovary n m unable to conceive. Married 2 years ago.
I have got my periods for 9 days with heavy bleeding. Now after a week again it started .i took primolut and through tablet for stopping the bleeding as pwr doctor advise. But after a week again it started .my scan reports are fine .what could bwvthe reason?
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
I got married recently. Im nt getting my period it has 10 days delayed. We are not planning for baby so please suggest me the medicine.
I m 22 years old. I get my periods regularly. But this month it was very very less. That does indicate any health problem?
I want to know the symptoms of pregnancy of my wife. We had sex before 1 weeks. She was tired. Morning sickness. Couldn't eat well. We used safety measures only. But afraid of damage to the condom.
I have recently seen blood clot type of thing coming from vagina and I am patient of lupus nephritis. Is it a miscarriage? And it's my menstruation time too and bleeding is excessive and pain is excessive too.
What can I do for decrease my back pane during my periods and what precautions are? Is this problems effects my future married life.
I have missed my periods since two months. I'm sexually active but have safe sex. I took urine pregnancy test too to rule out the possibility of pregnancy and test were negative too, so what's wrong with me and y I don't get my periods. I have an history of irregular periods from last 7-8 months but for continuous 2 months is for the first time, pls help?
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (sticky yellowish/greenish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if ganges/river near then take bath there.
4. maintain a balance diet and proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs app.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs app.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in morning daily to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet daily.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and to avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to get healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam daily.
16. Eat slight less what you normally intake.
17 take water after 1 hour after lunch and dinner.
We all know that tobacco contributes to lung and heart disease, but many people don’t realize that it seriously affects sexual health as well. Smoking damages the arteries affecting blood flow to the genitals, and it leads to a loss of desire and arousal in both men and women. In terms of alcohol consumption, most of us know that having a drink or two before sex may help us relax and ease our inhibitions. But high levels of consumption can also result in sexual dysfunction. From causing the loss of erections to preventing your ability to get or stay aroused, alcohol disables the natural sexual response of the autonomic nervous system. Other chemical substances, like marijuana and cocaine, also have known links to low sex drive and sexual dysfunction.