Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.V.S. Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.S. PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir I m male 35 year old having a problem of indigestion, constipation and continue belching problem from last 6 month currently I m taking r rd and mac-rd but not shown any effect so please suggest some good medicine.
Doctor mere gas bahut banti hai. Body mein garmi bahut padti hai. Mujhe lgta hai jaan chali jayegi. Kya karu please btaye. Nervous system bhi theek nhi hai.
Sir I have a problem in my abdomen, when I eat some heavy meals then my abdomen pain becomes greater please doctor what problem I have.
#Gastroenterologist. I have been prescribed some anti-biotic for a week in october last week. Since then I have been having frequent gas issues. I think my gut flora has been messed up. Please prescribe some suitable pro-biotic. And also on my left palm. A rash/allergy which started as red dots developed into a dry dark patch. Some say its blood contamination. Not sure though. Please help me. Regards.
Is frequent and long term use of Oflox oz for frequent Diarrhea (may be IBS) is safe. Or Suggest some other safe medicine for this problem.
Piles, fistula and fissures are the most common problems affecting the rectum and the anus. Both the rectum as well as the anus has a very rich vascular supply. There could be swelling of these blood vessels or tearing which can lead to the above conditions. Read on to know additional details about each of these conditions.
Piles: In simple words, swollen blood vessels of the anal region are called piles. It can be internal or external, depending on how far it is from the anal canal. If it is located farther inside the anal canal, it is called internal piles.
- Chronic constipation, where the person has to strain to pass stools
- Smoking and genetics can also lead to piles.
- In the early stages, once identified, simple topical medications for symptom relief are sufficient.
- Diet should be rich in fiber, with fruits and vegetables
- Increased water consumption
- Surgery if the disease has reached the stage of blood clots
- Prevention is advised if there is a family history by consuming a fiber-rich diet and maintaining hydration
Fistula: When an infected anal gland bursts into the anal canal, it constantly discharges pus into the anal canal and becomes a fistula. Hygienic toilet habits can help in preventing fistulas.
- A constant wet feeling in the anal area, due to pus discharge.
- This would be intermittent, and there would be periods with no discharge.
- There could be a foul smell due to pus discharge.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Identifying the exact location is important as surgery may be required.
- An ultrasound scan or an MRI is usually done.
- Newer techniques like Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment (VAAFT) are used. This locates the piles accurately and uses electric current to seal it with staples and surgical glue.
- Conventional surgery is also used for economic or accessibility reasons.
- Fissures: These cracks anywhere in the length of the anal canal are extremely common.
- Ksharasutra therapy is an Ayurvedic Parasurgical technique to treat problms like fistula in aano and other anorectal diseases. In this technique, a specially formed thread (Kshar Sutra) is used to cure the problem.
- Very painful and the person may not want to go to the toilet
- Rarely bleeding is also seen, maybe in very small amounts
- Over 90% of the fissures do not require surgery
- Switching to a high-fiber diet and improving hydration will help in managing these symptoms.
- Topical relief can be provided by medications.
- When they are recurrent, a procedure known as lateral sphincterotomy is done. This is an outpatient procedure and provides immediate relief.
- Ksharasutra therapy is a highly recommended Ayurvedic Parasurgical technique to treat problms like fistula in ano and other anorectal diseases. In this technique, a specially formed thread (Kshar Sutra) is used to cure the problem.
Though one condition can lead to another, in most people, there is a strong genetic component, and working towards prevention is highly recommended.