Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
What are the fruits which should not be eaten or avoided during diabetes and what diet should be taken.
I have blood sugar. From 4 years and I am not taking any tablets or insulin. Sometimes reports come accurate and sometime wrong. What I have to do. Norlmalyy my sugar level remains 190. Tell me treatment. Thanxss.
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level rises in your body either due to less insulin level in the body or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. The foods you eat have a major role in controlling your blood sugar levels. You need to pick your foods wisely to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
The various foods that you should be eating if you have diabetes are:
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate contains good amounts of flavonoids that help in improving insulin sensitivity and limits food cravings. It also reduces your chances of heart attack.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in fiber that helps you in managing your blood sugar levels. They also contain anthocyanins that assist in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body, thus reducing your chances of heart problems. Fish is also a good source of protein that helps you in feeling fuller.
4. Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing your chances of heart diseases and diabetes.
5. Oranges: Make sure you eat plenty of oranges as they are rich in vitamin C and they reduce the risk of diabetes. You may also opt for broccoli or strawberries.
The various foods you should avoid are:
1. White rice: White rice is a refined grain which, when consumed, tends to spike your blood sugar levels. You can instead opt for brown rice.
2. Bananas: Banana may contain vitamins and minerals, but are also rich in carbohydrates. Instead, opt for fruits like berries that are not only rich in fiber and antioxidants, but also have a low glycemic index.
3. Sugary foods: The term sugary foods is used to describe foods such as pastries, cakes and cookies. These foods are carbohydrate rich and do not contribute much in making the body healthy. Instead, replace them with natural foods such as chickpeas and peanuts.
4. Dried fruit: Various dried fruits contain high concentration of sugar, which happens due to the dehydration process by which they are formed. So replace them with fresh fruits such as guava and peaches to control your blood sugar levels.
Amongst all other dry-fruits, Almonds and Walnuts can be had in moderation as they contain essential fatty acids and do not effect blood sugars.