Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Srinivasan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old. I am a diabetic type 2 with high blood pressure since last 20 years. I take glycomet gp2 forte one in morning and glycomet gp 1 forte in night. I take tazlok am tablet once in a day. Fasting sugar is 114 and pp is 176. I am also sufferin from joint pain with arthiritis since last 10-15 years. Doctors only prescribe pain killers with different names. When I take pain killer tablet get some relief but when left pain killer again pain starts in joints specially in back and upper part of abdomen. I consulted cardiologist. Doctor says it is due to arthiritis. Please advice me to what medicine I should take so that I may get relief from pain
What causes hasimoto's thirotidis and what is the best method for treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
As I was suffering from mild PCOD and trying to conceive, doctor had put me on Glycomet 500 mg (Metformin) and I've been taking the same for five months now. I've also had a miscarriage in March at 6 weeks. Also taking Thyronorm 50 every day for thyroid. Should I stop Glycomet or continue? Any side effects to Glycomet?
I am 33 years old. I am a diabetes my sugar level is 498. So diabetic n will help me to reduce my sugar level.
Hi doc, my dad is suffering from diabetes My qus is can he eat mangoes or not Next question which fruits are beneficial for him and which are not? Thnx.
Diabetes is a known and common medical condition in which glucose or sugar levels gradually build up in a person's bloodstream. In such conditions, enough insulin is not present for moving sugar inside your cells. When such a situation arises, sugar is utilized for obtaining energy. Due to this, your body will tend to rely on alternative sources of energy in the muscles, tissues, and organs. This process continues resulting in a chronic disorder.
Symptoms of chronic or Type 2 diabetes
Warning signs of type 2 diabetes usually develop very slowly. You might have it for years without even knowing about it. Due to excessive sugar building within your bloodstream, fluid tends to come out from tissues. In turn, your thirst might increase and lead to frequent and excess urination because of additional water consumption. If you have chronic diabetes and is unaware of it, then gradually fluid might be pulled out from eyes' lenses and lead to blurred vision along with an inability to focus properly.
Some patients with type 2 diabetes also get affected by frequent kidney, skin, bladder infections. Due to high blood sugar level, such infections might take a long time to heal completely. If you possess dark patches and velvety skin especially in the folds of neck and armpits or any other body parts, then it will be a wise decision to consult your physician immediately as it is another warning sign of chronic diabetes.
Besides increasing thirst, another basic and contradictory symptom of type 2 diabetes is increased hunger along with weight loss. Despite consuming more food than usual to cope up with the increased hunger, an individual having high blood sugar may lose weight. You might also feel irritated or tired if the cells of your body are deprived of sugar. Various other symptoms including foot pain, yeast infections, itchy skin, numb feeling, etc. are also present and the signs become severe and more dangerous with the progress of the disease.
What is the perfect time to visit a doctor?
If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms of chronic diabetes, then that is the best or perfect time to see a physician. It is not mandatory that you will definitely have this health disorder if you observe any symptom within yourself. If you have excessive work pressure for a couple of days, then for sure you will feel exhausted. But, that does not mean your fatigue is the warning sign of diabetes. For being, sure enough, it is best to consult a trained medical practitioner.
Without proper treatment, diabetes can also become threatening to life. This chronic health disorder might result in complications related to heart, and during pregnancy, it can prove deadly.Maintaining a healthy eating habit, controlling weight, performing a daily physical exercise and consuming recommended medications will help in controlling high blood sugar level.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As you are aware, diabetes is an increasingly common problem not only in adults but with children and young people too. Preventing or delaying diabetes is possible with a few lifestyle changes. And for those who have been diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, changes in lifestyle can prove beneficial to keep it under control. This is important and should not be taken lightly as diabetes can lead to other serious health complications. There are few simple things which if done regularly can keep you safe and absolutely fine.
5 ways to combat diabetes.
1) exercise - do minimum 45 to 30 minutes of exercise like brisk walking (for people with heart ailments make sure that you have done stress test/tmt). Keep yourself physically active all the time this will help you in losing weight, controlling blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol. It will also improve insulin sensitivity in your body.
2) high fiber diet - include high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, leafy vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, cinnamon, green tea in your diet. This will improve your blood sugar level and also reduce your risk of developing diabetes and helps you to lose weight. Do not get into fad diets and tv commercials as they are often misleading.
3) reduce stress - tension and worry releases certain chemicals (stress hormones) which can increase your blood sugar level. Try relaxation therapy like meditation, yoga, music and soundful sleep.
4) restrict intake of alcohol - alcohol increases body weight, triglyceride (cholesterol) level and blood pressure. They may make you unaware of symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar which may be dangerous). They are empty calorie with no nutritional value. Permissible limit is 2 drinks (60ml) a day for men and 1 drink (60ml) for women, it is also not advisable to smoke.
5) regular check-ups - make sure that you regularly check your blood sugar levels and modify treatment from your diabetologist doctor (if required.) your body and your friend/ relative / colleague's body are different, so is your need of medicine for diabetes as well. What works best for them may not be right for you. So it is my sincere request is to avoid any self medication as it can be dangerous. Regularly undergo screening for early detection of diabetes complications like eye, nerve, heart, foot, kidney.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.