Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Madras ENT Research FoundationYour feedback matters!
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B 12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body.
Hlo Dr. Now my sugar level is 91 fasting. And thyroid is 8.1. My uric acid is 4.9. I have problem in my right foot toe pain under nail. What can I do? Please suggest any medicine.
Sir My father is suffering from diabetes Since from 10 years he is on insulin from 8 years his sugar level were normal till August But in mud of Aug he was on low sugar He was abt get paralyzed His insulin intake was 40 units in the morning 26 units in the night Then doctor advised him to stop insulin at night and 20 units in morning But since from 10 days he is suffering from dizziness then doctor advised to stop insulin completely then his sugar level were 69 before food 140 after food Even then dizziness was continued then doctor said it might be because of low bp. Then gave medication for same But even then dizziness continued But sugar levels were 140 before food 230 after food Please find me a solution.
It is extremely remarkable to note how homeopathic treatments have gained immense acceptance and recognition in the field of modern-day treatment procedures, offering the most effective and safe medication options. A number of thyroid problems can, in fact, be alleviated with the help of homeopathic remedies, also saving you the trouble of encountering unwanted and unforeseen side effects of the normal prescription drugs. The most common problems pertaining to the thyroid gland are possibly hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the conditions can be cured with utmost efficacy when the right drugs are prescribed.
Hypothyroidism And Homeopathy
Hypothyroidism is the medical condition wherein the thyroid gland underperforms and produces insufficient amount of hormones required for the normal functioning of the body. The most effective homeopathic remedies for hypothyroidism are:
- Nux Vomica: This remedy is usually recommended to those patients who suffer from extreme temperament and ones who feel chilly often without any particular reason. Obstinate constipation in the patients is also curbed by this medicine. Women with prolonged periods are also prescribed Nux Vomica to decrease the incidence of period related problems.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: Patients of hypothyroidism who complain of gastric troubles are the ones who usually opt for Lycopodium Clavatum. Excessive hair fall as a result of hypothyroidism can also be cured with it.
- Calcera Carbonica: It is usually ranked as the best medicine for treating hypothyroidism, especially in patients who suffer from cold feet, extreme fatigue, and bowel problems.
Hyperthyroidism And Homeopathy
A condition wherein the thyroid gland tends to be overactive and produces more than the requisite level of hormones is usually referred to as a classic case of hyperthyroidism. Homeopathic treatments for this abnormality aim at treating the root causes to achieve best results:
- Lachesis Mutus: Hyperthyroidism patients who persistently complain of rising body heat are prescribed this. It also lessens the problems of fatigue and queasiness.
- Iodium: Patients who lose their weight quickly despite maintaining a healthy diet are prescribed doses of Iodium. Anxiousness and fatigue are also cured along with other problems.
- Conium Maculatum: Patients who suffer from acute depression and refuse to participate in day-to-day activities are generally given this. Trembling and profuse perspiration are treated effectively with the help of Conium Maculatum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
The first commandment of healthy living is to eat plenty of fresh fruits. However, did you know that some fruits are healthier than others? Fruits do not have any added sugars but many fruits are rich in natural sugar. Lychees, figs, and avocados are three such fruits and should be consumed in limited amounts. However, here are 11 fruits with the lowest sugar content.
- Limes and lemons: Limes and lemons are known as sour fruits. While they are rich in vitamin C, they do not contain a lot of sugar. Freshly squeezed lime juice and hot water are the perfect drink to curb your appetite and raise metabolism.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are rich in fiber but have only a little more than a teaspoon of sugar per cup. This makes them the perfect fruit to start the day with.
- Strawberries: Strawberries may taste sweet but a cup of fresh strawberries that only about 7 grams of sugar. However, a cup of strawberries has enough vitamin C to take care of your daily requirements.
- Blackberries: A cup of these berries also has minimal sugar. Along with fiber, these fruits are also rich in antioxidants. These berries also help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other such conditions.
- Kiwi: Did you know that kiwis are technically berries? Each kiwi has less than 6 grams of sugar but is very rich in vitamin C.
- Grapefruit: A grapefruit is a perfect breakfast. These citrus fruits are rich in fiber and low in sugar. Half a grapefruit contains only 52 calories and minimal sugar. They are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Avocado: Avocados are naturally low in their sugar content. One raw avocado has less than a gram of sugar. However, they are full of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium.
- Watermelon: Summer would be incomplete without watermelons. Though they taste sweet, watermelons are very low in sugar. A cup of watermelon has less than 10 grams of sugar.
- Cantaloupe: Cantaloupes are rich in vitamin A but a cup of this fruit has only about 14 grams of sugar. They are also rich in vitamin B, magnesium and fiber.
- Oranges: Eating an orange is the best way to boost our vitamin C levels and keep infections away. One orange typically contains less than 70 calories and 12 grams of sugar.
- Peaches: A medium sized peach has less than 13 grams of sugar. This is an example of how taste can be deceptive when it comes to calories.
Given the sugar content in these fruits, it would be a great idea for the diabetics and weight watchers to include them in their diet and have a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
If you have numbness or tingling sensation in your feet, then you could be suffering from diabetic peripheral neuropathy. It can have an impact on your sleep, mood and overall quality of life. Besides taking the prescribed medications, there are effective ways of dealing with foot pain stemming from high blood sugar as explained below.
- Taking over-the-counter medicines: Medicines such as aspirin, naproxen, acetaminophen and ibuprofen can help to serve mild to moderate pain stemming from diabetic nerve damage. But before taking these medicines, you should consult with an expert since they can raise the risk of heart attack and kidney problems.
- Quit smoking: Smoking may cause the blood vessels to constrict and impair the circulation. This indicates that the peripheral nerves will not get an adequate amount of nutrient-rich blood which can pave the way for more pain.
- Have control over your blood sugar levels: With the passage of time, the excess blood sugar levels can cause damage the peripheral nerves. When you have blood sugar levels within a healthy range, you can substantially reduce your risk of nerve damage. You should eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and low-fat dairy and whole grains.
- Take more Vitamin D: Even though it is hard to get the desired 600 IU of this vitamin from food, you can get it in the form of supplement. A study found that people with diabetic neuropathy can take the supplement once in a week to curb the symptoms of feet pain. Vitamin B complex plays a crucial role in improving nerve health. You should get it in right amounts so that the brain can produce certain chemicals which are required for sending information through the body channels.
- Take Alpha-lipoic acid supplement: The human body has the natural ability to produce little amounts of antioxidants. When you take them in recommended quantities it can regulate the blood sugar levels and ease the pain in the feet and palms. A per a study, people taking more than 600 milligrams of antioxidants on a regular basis experienced 19 percent improvement in the diabetic neuropathy symptoms within 5 weeks.
- Indulge in daily workouts: Regular workout can help you to combat pain in a variety of ways. It can regulate the blood sugar levels and slow down nerve damage. Exercise can surge the flow of blood to the legs and arms and it can also enliven your mood and offer relief from stress.
Note that a nerve damage can lead to loss of sensation in the feet which means that you may not realize any cut or scratch in your feet until much later which could prove fatal. Hence it is essential for you to prevent the loss of sensation. Using the methods suggested above you can deal with the foot pain related to diabetes.
Can I eat pomegranate? I'm suffering from progesterone deficiency (pituitary deficiency) and thats why prone to hypothyroidism. Please tell me.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a medical condition in which a boy is born with an extra copy of the 'X' chromosome. Klinefelter's syndrome has an adverse effect on testicular growth and results in the formation of smaller than normal testicles. This affects the production of the sex hormone testosterone. It can also cause lower retention of muscle mass, facial or body hair and enlarged breast tissues. It is difficult for people who are diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome to father children because they produce little to no sperm and often has to resort to take help from assisted reproductive procedures to procreate.
Generally Klinefelter's syndrome is not diagnosed before adulthood because of the fact that there are few noticeable symptoms which might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome during infancy, childhood or adolescence period.
The few characteristics which might indicate the condition are listed below:
1. Development of weak muscles.
2. Taking above average time to develop basic motor skills.
3. Delaying in speaking.
4. The testicles haven't descended into the scrotum.
Boys and teenagers develop the following characteristics:
1. They tend to have longer leg and broader hips than their peers.
2. Onset of puberty is delayed or in some cases absent or incomplete.
3. After puberty, less muscular bodies and less facial and body hair compared with other teens
4. Smaller than average size of penis.
1. Klinefelter's syndrome occurs due to the occurrence of an extra 'X' chromosome in the cells instead of the normal combination on 'XY' chromosomes.
2. In some severe cases, there is the occurrence of more than one extra 'X' chromosome in each cell.
3. This is not inherited or a genetic condition. This occurs due to a random error during the formation of the egg , the sperm or post conception.
Diagnoses and Treatment:
1. Chromosome analysis and hormone testing are the two main ways to diagnose this condition.
2. Abnormal hormone levels present in blood and urine, might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome.
Early diagnosis and medication minimizes the effects of Klinefelter's syndrome. These include:
1. Testosterone replacement therapy. In treatment, testosterone is injected at regular intervals from the onset of puberty to ensure normal growth.
2. Patients also need educational support as well as speech therapy to overcome any barriers the patient is experiencing.
3. Removal of excess breast tissue and fertility treatment.
4. With the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection, it is possible for patients with low sperm production to father children.
Dear sir/madam, yesterday I asked a question regarding diabetes, if sugar is not the cause of diabetes then patients are being asked to go for blood test every six months. Did not receive any reply. My second question is whether patient can take vit d n vit 12 without consulting gp. Thanking you shahani.
Patanjali oats n Patanjali dalia is safe for diabetes people? As it contains 70%carbohydrates so I want to know it is good or bad for diabetes people? Thank you.
I have diabetes 2 and be afraid because I have many kgs and I have no money to be in a diet before take medicines that doctor says to me. What can I do, ; my result of diabetes is 157.
Before you are affected by diabetes, a condition known as pre-diabetes is experienced, which indicates that a person might develop diabetes soon. In case you have pre-diabetes, your blood sugar level will be higher than the usual, but not as much as during diabetes. The condition is called borderline diabetes. During pre-diabetes, the production of insulin hormone gets decreased. You are more likely to get heart diseases and a stroke because of pre-diabetes.
Diagnosis There are three primary blood tests, which are used for the diagnosis of pre-diabetes:
- Fasting plasma glucose test
- You should not eat anything for eight hours before this blood test.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is less than 100.
- If your blood sugar level is between 100 and 125, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 125, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Oral glucose tolerance test
- First, you need to have a fasting glucose test done and drink a sugary solution (75 gm glucose dissolve in water) after it. After two hours, another blood test is taken.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is lesser than 140.
- If your blood sugar level is between 140 and 199, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 200, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C
- This blood test shows the average blood sugar level for three to four months in the past. It helps to check whether pre-diabetes is in control or not.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is 5.6%.
- If your blood sugar level is between 5.7% and 6.4%, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is 6.5% or above, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- The test should be redone for checking or verifying the results.
Lifestyle changes required for managing pre-diabetes Lifestyle changes may help people in managing pre-diabetes and for preventing it from developing into diabetes. Here are some changes and habits you need to practice:
- Weight control: If you are obese and overweight, the pre-diabetes may turn into diabetes. Hence, losing some amount of body weight, at least 5% to 10%, makes quite a difference.
- Exercise: You should perform moderate exercises regularly, such as swimming, cycling or walking briskly. This helps in the management of pre-diabetes. Aerobic exercise increases the heart rate and should be carried out for better benefits.
- Nutrition: You must make some dietary changes as well. Consume food items, which contain low-fat protein. Eat a lot of vegetables and whole grains, limit your calorie intake and reduce the amount of sugar and starchy carbohydrates. Increase your intake of fiber-rich food.
If you experience a rise in your blood sugar levels, you must consult a doctor immediately. With early diagnosis, you can take preventive measures and will be able to prevent pre-diabetes from developing into diabetes.
Suffering from diabetes since 15 years. Used to take jalra50/500 once and glisenpm1 twice. Sugar was 70-90. Was changed to galvus50 and amaryl1 as creatinine was 1.sugar shot up to 500. Given galvus50, diamicronxr40 and pioglit15. But after 1.5 months edema of face and whole body noticed. And sugar was 80. Now having galvusmet 50/500 and amaryl1 but sugar was 250 so at present taking galvusmet 50/500 twice and amaryl2 once along with olmax20, thyronorm 62.5, rabletD,becadexamine, dexorange and caripapa as I have low hb. Wbc and platelet due to probable mds. After one wek of taking the above dose sugar was 200. Not tested for last 3 weeks. Is the dose of medicine ok?
Sir I am overweight and there is pains in both knees and just now my uric acid also on high side. Please suggest how to control the uric acid as well as knee pains.
My mother is 69 years old having blood pressure and diabetes. Recently had breathing difficulty so doctors found water in lungs. Her creatinine is 3.6 and haemoglobin is 8.9.please suggest.
My mother 50 years old is having type 2 diabetes. Recently diagnosed with high blood sugar levels. Doctor advised metformin 500+glimepiride2 mg morning dose and at night. Afternoon she is taking voglibose and statins. She has skipped voglibose in the afternoon. She is complaining shivering and sweating weakness after afternoon meal. She had forget taking voglibose. What happens if she takes voglibose after meals. Any side effects occur?
My legs veins are visible (or varicose veins) very predominantly, what can be the reasons? I am diabetic age 50 yrs, female,weight 60 kg. Blood sugar under control.
I am suffering from thyroid from last 6 to 7 years now body pain back pain neck pain abdomen pain for thyroid I take thyroid 50 tablet every morning before breakfast I want to consult good thyroid doctor I stay in Mira rd.
"While many women have no problem getting pregnant in their late 30s and even into their early 40s, a woman's fertility may start to decline as early as 32. So if you want to have kids, talk to your doctor about options, like freezing your eggs."