Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K.S. VijayagopalYour feedback matters!
HI My wife suffering from Breathing problem,its not constant some times she faces this problem,what to do?
Hi, One of my relative is taking" GUTKHA" for about more than 15 years and she is about 37 yrs. Old. At what age she may be suffer from Cancer. OR she may not be. please reply. Thanks a lot in advance.:)
I am a 24 years old house wife. I have a 2 years old baby. I had lump on my both breasts 3 years back. And it was removed by a surgery. But now I feel lump on my left side. Without any surgery how can I remove it? Please suggest any medicine or any other treatment from allopathy/ homeo / ayurveda.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
Hello, My Father he was suffering from blood cancer last one month. In bone marrow report influence are found: "Acute lymphatic leukemia" can anybody suggest me what i do. Patient in Allahabad.
I was diagnosed throat cancer I went through chemotherapy and radiation and now the treatment is over but now my food pipe got squeezed and I am in a state where I cannot take liquid food also what should I do?
My nani is suffering from breast cancer her blood is flowing from last five days she is taking homeopathic treatment. Could pls tell me any medicine ?
My mother is 65 yrs & she is a breast cancer patient. She use to take medicine like letronat 2.5 & ccm daily & osteofos 70 once in a week for the last 3yrs. It is observed for the last 3 months she is feeling pain in knee & tenderness in lower part of the leg muscle. Her weight is 62 kgs. Please advise remedy.
My wife has done a test for pep smear test and found positive so advice me next. Age of my wife 35 year.
What the tests will be done to determine if I have cancer? What are the risks associate with these tests?
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.