Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Rajkumar
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
Hello, I'm having slow breathing or irregular breathing and it feels like I can't get my body to push for more oxygen. Also I'm constantly yawning is that a sign my brain isn't getting enough oxygen? I can't sneeze when I have to either and I feel nauseous. It's been five days.
I am 35 years old and suffering with sinus and allergy problems like sneezing all the time I had operation 2 years back and I feel that my through is filled with water like I have given up smoking 1 year back.
My mother present age in 65 she is suffering from ashtma since 8 years day by day condition is quite detoriated alway she is suffering from cough (kashi) problem suggest good medicine for her
Tuberculosis or TB is an airborne disease that mainly affects the lungs and has the potential to be fatal. People with an impaired immune system such as newborn babies, pregnant women or women who have just delivered a baby, diabetics, cancer patients and HIV positive people are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. However, this disease can be prevented and treated.
Here are a few ways to protect yourself from this bacterial infection.
- Keep your distance: TB is a communicable disease and hence can spread from one person to another. If someone around you suffers from this disease, try limiting your contact with them. In cases where this is not possible, wear protective gloves and a mask to keep yourself safe. Avoid crowded, unhygienic places and always wash your hands with a disinfectant after contact with a TB patient.
- Boost your immunity: A strong immune system can fight off TB bacteria and keep you from getting infected. To build a strong immune system, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with the required amount so carbohydrates, proteins and fats every day. Along with this, consult your doctor and start taking multivitamins or antioxidants on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper hygiene: Keeping your surroundings clean are crucial to the prevention of tuberculosis. Ensure that not only your home is kept clean, but the surrounding area is cleaned as well. Do not allow garbage to accumulate around your house. Make it a habit of washing your hands with disinfectant soap every time you come home and before eating anything.
- Vaccinate your children: When getting your children vaccinated, ensure that your child also receives the BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine that can protect him or her against TB.
- Ventilate the house: The bacteria that causes tuberculosis, thrives in stagnant air and enclosed spaces. Hence, open your windows and let some fresh air in. Not only does this prevent the multiplication of bacteria and viruses in your house, it also does not allow your home to have a musty odour.
- Follow the complete course of treatment: If you have been diagnosed with TB, it is essential to complete the full course of antibiotics and not stop midway even if the symptoms have disappeared. Not adhering to the prescription gives the bacteria the ability to develop resistance to the drugs. When this resistant bacteria is exhaled it can infect more people with drug-resistant tuberculosis that is harder to cure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from cough. Please provide me some medicine. It is from 1 month .i am not getting well.
Having dry cough, cold and occasional but random sneezing with mild body ache. Please suggest medicines.
Why I am bleeding from mouth with mix of saliva (with blood with small small quantity? There is no cough. But my past medical I had an tuberculosis so is this is symptoms of same .I consult my doctor he said that there no need to worry it's bleed from your past tuberculosis lungs side place but I can't? So please.
Asthma is a respiratory disease which is characterized by narrowing of the airways. This happens when the body responses to a trigger such as exposure to cold air, allergens in the air, emotional stress or heavy exercise. When the airways narrow, patients show symptoms such as tightness of the chest, wheezing noise while breathing, coughing and shortness of breath.
The cause of asthma according to Ayurveda is accumulation of Kapha in the airways. The airways become narrow because of the blockage caused by Kapha. As a result, the flow of air to the lungs is interrupted, which makes the patient experiences difficulty in breathing. Asthma is caused because of excessive intake of vata (cold), consuming kapha aggravating food items, weakening of the lung tissues, and problems caused by lung diseases. Environmental and lifestyle factors also play a role in asthma. Consuming cold or stale foods are not easy to digest and lead to the formation of ama (mucus) thereby causing blockage in the respiratory channel and difficulty in breathing. Living in cold and damp environment is also a reason of asthma.
Ayurvedic Asthma Treatment
Ayurvedic asthma treatment considers bad digestion as a major cause. When the digestive system is weak, the body becomes oversensitive to dust, pollen and other substances which trigger an asthma attack. Deposits of ama (mucus) in the lungs and respiratory tract create obstruction in breathing and cause wheezing or coughing. Ayurvedic treatment of asthma focuses on restoring digestion with herbal preparations and the right diet and lifestyle changes. The medicines primarily work on pacifying Kapha and cleansing toxins from the body. In addition, specific herbal combinations are also supplemented to boost the body’s immunity.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Honey, warm drinks like herbal teas, spice teas are also okay.
Sprouts, nuts and seeds can be taken in moderate amount.
Oily, greasy and fried foods which are difficult to digest should be avoided.
White flour and white sugar products should be avoided.
In addition, try to avoid the cold foods, cold drinks and other refrigerated things.
Avoid excessive or physically demanding exercise. Yoga and Pranayama can be helpful.
Prepare a mixture of powdered dried ginger root, black pepper and long pepper in equal amounts and store in an airtight container. Have ½ teaspoonful of this powder mixed with ½ teaspoonful of honey twice a day with lukewarm water.
Take 11 guava leaves, 11 black pepper, 1 cup milk and one cup water. Put all of them in pot and boil it well, when it reduced to one cup, drink in empty stomach. Take this daily for at least six months or a year.
Boil cumin seeds in water and inhale the steam. It helps dilate the bronchial passage.