Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. K. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old girl and I am spitting blood in very less amount. Generally when I clean my nose I find clotted blood in my nasal canal AND I SOMETIMES FELL PAIN (VERY MINUTE BUT) WILE BREATHING.
Hello, sir I am Supriya patel my father has been suffering from asthma and he has problem in taking breath. Will you pls give me some preferred prescription. For that type weather by which he has no have problem in taking breath. Thanks.
I live in bangalore, native to dehradun. I have started having cold allergies in bangalore and terrible sinus.
I have cough and cold since 1 week. It start unexpectedly anywhere I don't why. Will you please consult me the right syrup or medicine anything.
I had cough from last week I tried cough syrup but it did not work So did I got T. B or any serious illness?
I have asthma and because of this I have breathing problem so please suggest me ways please give me suggestions.
I am feeling difficulty in breathing and I take seroflo inhaler for last 10 years. I feel that there will be side effect but not showing it. Now my question is can I be curable these breathing problem because I take 1pill in one day, is it psylogically effect on me of taking or how can I be cured from it. Please help me.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.