Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Rajkumar
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year male. I have throat itching cough from last 6 months. I take medicine from asthma specialist. But not feel relieve. My x-ray report is ok. Ige test is ok. There is no problem of chest. I think its trachea problem. I have dry cough. When I take water or any food then coughing starts. Its any disturbance in breathing create coughing. Please suggest best solution.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.
Hi Sir, My brother is having a major chest infection according to doctors and he is deaf and dumb according to MRI and X-ray it shows that 70% chances of TB. But the TB injection test is negative. There is no mark and swelling anywhere. Still doctor has started the TB treatment just for one month trail. His urine is red in color and having itching on legs. Weight is reducing. Also having mild fever. What best we can do please suggest. Is it right to start TB treatment and how long it will take to cure the infection.
Benefits of Endoscopic Surgery
I’m Dr. Aparna Jain, Senior Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecologist.
We are going to discuss about Endoscopic surgery or Laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology. It is basically a pinhole surgery in which doctors don’t open the abdomen. We just put two or three small scar at the abdomen, pet par do ya teen chote scar lagate hain jiske through we can do surgeries.
Various surgeries can be performed laparoscopically or endoscopically like removal of uterus, removal of fibroids from the uterus, removal of ovarian cyst, or ovary me jo gaanth hai uske removal ke lie kar sakte hain, or removal of cyst, any type of cyst like familial cyst or atopic pregnancy i.e, pregnancy inside the fallopian tube. It is outside the uterus and it a is very life threatening condition in which we can do laparoscopic surgery and take out the embryo.
Another issue which can be solved through laparoscopy is the case of infertility. Suppose Somebody, Who is not able to conceive. If there is some problem in the fallopian tube which can be opened by Laparoscope. Endometriosis is another very important problem which leads to infertility which can be corrected laparoscopically.
These are the various conditions which can be dealt with laparoscopy without opening the abdomen. What is the advantage? Why is laparoscopic surgery better rather than opening abdomen?
It is very very important to know about it because logo ke dimag me yeh myth hota hai ki abdomen open karenge toh complete surgery hogi aur laparoscopically agar surgery karenge to wo complete nahi hoga but it is not like that. If we are doing laparoscopic surgery we are having ten times magnification in comparison to a normal eye so it will give better vision, better insight to the disease which we will be able to handle better and the scope of recovery in laparoscopic surgery is much faster than open surgery.
There is not a single large scar on the abdomen. There are multiple, two, three or sometime four scar which is 1 cm or 0.5 cm scar at the abdomen which heal so well that post of pain is very very little after laparoscopic surgery. One is very early, one can ambulate very fast after laparoscopic surgery in comparison to open surgeries and post of addition formation. Sometime, after doing a surgery one landed up in another surgery then, after open surgery there is lot of addition formation inside so second surgery become very difficult but in laparoscopic surgery addition formation is very little so the second surgery becomes easier if somebody has laparoscopic surgery initially. Cosmetically, it is also very good because scars are very less, very little. It is almost an invisible scar in comparison to open surgery.
If you want to consult further, want to know more about laparoscopic surgery or you have any problem, for that you want to consult, you can consult us on Lybrate website.