Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K.RaghuramYour feedback matters!
Small cortical cyst in left kidney measured 16mm x 16 mm in size, enlarged liver (17 cm) with grade 'I' fatty changes, excess bowel gas.
I was detected with IBS a while ago. Recently I started having pain in my life lower back, is it also a IBS symptom.
Which is best time to drink water for my gastric stomach before/after meal and what should I do to decrease acidity.
Hello, From past few weeks sometime blood comes out from my anus and earlier there used to burning sensation but now I do not feel any burning sensation from past few days. Also I feel a lump has formed near anus area, but that is not too big, so I have taken amlox -c and also now I am using betaraite ointment. I want to avoid surgery what shall I do? Is it annal fissure or fistula and any difference between them. But now I do not have any hard stool coming out.
I am suffering from night falling of sperms. What should I do. It pains a lot in the lower part of anus. Suggest some exercise.
My mother aged is 55, suffering with constipation and also she is a diabetic patient. How can she get rid from constipation. Her digestive system also too weak. It's happening since 09 years. Now she is under medication. Is there any solution to get free motion without any medication and to improve her digestive system.
Suffering from bronchial asthma since childhood i.e. 8 years of age. Of and taking steroids with gaps of few years. Though with Sahajyoga meditation its much better for last 6-7 years but skin allergies and sinus problem has increased. Homoeopathy meditation is helping me now but IBS is troubling. Please advise.
Due to infection on anal muscles result to anal tight because infection lead to muscle damage of anal region and its not opening while passing stool and give anal fissure. After fissure medicines are not working on infection and infection is increasing. Is this resistant of Infection or Fissure not allowing the treatment of Infection or Something else? My treating doctor is also confused. Please Guide me? What to do treat infection?
I am 25 year old male, my digestion is very week I can not digest milk or have food or sprout. Please suggest how can I improve it.
I am aged 64 with no life style diseases. However I have two problems. 1.My bowel movement is "three times" in the morning. 2.I wake up everyday at 2.30 am daily and my sleep is affected. Kindly advise. Regards.
Hello I am 36 year old quite healthy man have no bad habits (no drinking & smoking) I am suffer from severe acidity from last one year had been to the local doctor who advised me scanning & endoscopy which I did everything is normal except some abrasions on layer of esophagus near the stomach which was causing severe acid reflux (heart burn) then doctor prescribed to take pantodac 40 mg for 2 months which I took no improvement now I taking lomac (sos) & zinetac 2 daily if I take these tablets it is good. Can you please suggest some homeopathic & home remedies for the same. Thank you.
I am 40 years old I am survive last 9 years for gas problem already checkup ulcer fatty lever result are negative kindly advice me.
Hi I am a 3 Years old. .jab muze acidity hoti hai to face pe bahot pimples aajate hai our usske dag bhi rahte hai so please koi medicine suggest kijiye.
How to get rid of GERD.in my case few days I will have acidic reflux in the morning and few days I do not have. How to get rid of this?
Suffering from IBS what to do Earlier I had taken rifagut 200 3 times a day as advised by the doctor this symptom happens again and again presently taking colospa retard and spasril tablet for IBS as advised by the doctor it's been two days I am taking this medicine but I am still suffering from the problem I am not consuming any fatty products or milk products as advised by the doctor What can be done to cure this permanently Please help I cannot go to work even due to such problem.
I am 20/F suffering from sudden onset of pain in upper right quadrant abdomen part while morning walk.
Are you experiencing frequent and extended heartburn on a regular basis? This might indicate that you are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a type of digestive disorder that affects your lower esophageal sphincters. The condition involves the return of the stomach’s content back to your esophagus. Although heartburns are common, GERD involves chronic heartburns, which require an adequate treatment.
Here the some important reasons why you should not ignore the symptoms of GERD:
- Esophagitis: In case of GERD, the food, acid and digestive juices flow back from the stomach to the esophagus. This leads to irritation and swelling with time, which is called esophagitis. In case you have acid exposure in your esophagus for a few weeks, inflammation of the lining is indicated. This can be very painful and uncomfortable, making the esophagus more prone to scarring and further erosion.
- Esophageal stricture: If esophagitis continues for a long time, scar tissues can lead to the narrowing of the esophagus. This is known as a stricture, which makes swallowing very difficult and painful. Large chunks of food may get stuck and you are more likely to choke while eating or drinking. You may tend to avoid food and water because of esophageal stricture, which may result in weight loss.
- Throat and voice problems: Apart from heartburn, several other symptoms may also appear because of GERD. These are called cases of silent reflux where you may not experience heartburn. Instead, other issues are indicated which include voice hoarseness, voice changes, sore throat and chronic coughing.
- Breathing problems: If stomach acid is inhaled after regurgitation, the symptoms of asthma and pneumonia may worsen because of GERD. Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties are likely, even without any lung problem.
- Tooth decay: When the stomach acids and digestive juices go back to the esophagus and into the mouth, it leaves a sour taste. In case it occurs frequently, it wears away your tooth enamel and results in tooth decay. People experiencing acid reflux induced erosion may be unaware of the damage being caused until it reaches peak stages.
- Esophageal ulcers: Stomach acid may result in the wearing away of the esophageal lining, resulting in ulcers and sores. These esophageal ulcers are different from stomach ulcers, which occur from bacteria. Patients with esophageal ulcers may vomit blood, and notice blood in stool. It is usually darker than its usual shade and may have the texture of coffee ground like particles.
It is important for you to visit a doctor immediately after experiencing the symptoms of GERD. This condition may cause severe distress if you let it advance, and hence, early diagnosis and treatment are very important.