Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K L IlavarasiYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy brings with it a whole lot of body system changes and oral health is no exception. Some simple careful planning, however, can help avoid a lot of oral health complications associated with pregnancy. The hormonal changes during pregnancy have a direct effect on the oral health and has higher incidence of decay, pregnancy gingivitis, and pregnancy tumors. Additionally, morning sickness affects the regular oral care, leading to more plaque and decay.
Before pregnancy: If you are planning to get pregnant, then a dental visit can help you get a thorough check-up ahead of the pregnancy. A routine cleaning and check for cavities should be sufficient to avoid any urgent treatment need during the period of pregnancy.
During pregnancy: If you were not able to do your pre-pregnancy dental visit, inform the dentists about pregnancy as early as possible. All elective procedures can be done after the delivery. Only really essential treatment that cannot wait until the delivery should be undertaken during pregnancy, most safe if done during the 4th to 6th months.
Listed below are some points to consider as far as oral/dental health is considered during pregnancy:
- Scaling and polishing can be done as usual
- Inform the dentist about all the medications that you are advised by your gynecologist
- Periodic check-up once in 3 months to reduce severity of gum disease and decay
- Good oral hygiene measures including brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Try a bland toothpaste if morning sickness is very severe
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Tooth formation happens in the third month and requires diet rich in calcium and minerals
- Avoid sweet snacks which can lead to greater plaque formation
The hormone changes combined with oral infection (could be gum disease or tooth decay) can lead to severe effects on the developing baby. It is extremely important to avoid dental infections, as these may necessitate antibiotics, require x-rays and even require treatment like root canal and/or extraction, all of which are best avoided until after the baby is delivered. It is considered safe for dental procedures to be done during the 4th to 6th month. Though now there are safer measures to do x-rays and dental procedures, they are best avoided, unless in case of emergency. This emergency situation can be avoided by better planning and some minimal care. Severe gum disease could also lead to premature or low birth weight of the baby. So plaque buildup should be avoided which leads to both decay and gum disease.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure that there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
Hii. I would like to know what measures can be taken or changes be made in my diet so as to get some relief from abdominal and severe back pain during periods instead of taking pain killers. The pain killers seem to reduce the blood flow. I had taken some soya milk last month but it did not provide complete relief.
Hi my age is 30 years my husband age 40 1 years back only married I have problem previous pcod no its clear but now again start medicine levinogestrekðinylestradiol tablet now course again started I want pregnancy it you ful in this tablet. Then I take medicine period intercourse with husband percent changes is there pls answer me.
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Almost every man and woman craves to have a child they can call their own. This makes an inability to procreate one of the most dreaded situations. Infertility can be defined as the inability to conceive a child within 12 months of biologically appropriately timed intercourse. Infertility exacts a huge psychological toll on the person.
Infertility often triggers depression in a person. This may be acute and result from specific events such as the holidays, family celebrations of the news of a someone else having conceived a child or could be cyclic and coincide with phases of their fertility cycle. This depression could lead to problems at work and communication with the spouse.
Infertility can also make a person feel helpless and affect their self esteem. Infertility accompanied by depression can trigger the feeling of having lost control over one’s life and can make people withdraw into themselves.
An infertile person may also often feel guilty and make them blame themselves and their prior actions for the condition. This leads them to question their worthiness of being a good spouse and potential parent. A woman who has suffered from an STD (sexually transmitted disease) earlier or has undergone an abortion earlier can become obsessed with blaming herself for being infertile.
This affects their daily lives and ability to work. An infertile person may also feel guilty for having robbed their partner of the chance to become a parent. This can put a strain on their relationship and in many cases lead to a broken marriage.
When they find themselves unable to conceive a child, a couple may try to time their intercourse with ovulation tools, such as an ovulation thermometer etc. and may try different positions, some of which may be fairly uncomfortable. They may also end up having intercourse more often than desired. In order to prevent sperm from leaking out of the vagina, a woman may also find herself lying in an awkward supine position after intercourse. A combination of all these factors makes the act a chore and with time can lead to a loss of libido.
Infertility can also trigger anger against life for having been treated unfairly or towards other parents. This may also be displaced towards their family and friends leading to situations where they feel ostracized and unsupported.
When dealing with infertility, it is important to understand that neither partner is to blame. Infertility is a physiological condition and can be treated in most cases. It is important for both partners to support each other during this process and if need be consult a counselor.
I have daughter of 18 months. My tsh level was high in pregnancy. And advised thyroxine sodium 75 mcg, but I did not take medicine after delivery. And not repeated test after delivery. Is it important to check thyroid level now.
Sir my wife is missing period from 2 months and now she's vomiting also and headache and she checked also 2 times for pregnancy test but still found negative. So please tell me what should we do please plz.
Hello sir. I am 21. 14th August I lost my virginity. My cycle date is 28. He was also a virgin. We used a condom and he didn't even ejaculated inside me. But now few days to my period I am not having any menstrual cramps. Can you please give me some advice.
Hello doctor. I am 32 years old woman and have delivered a baby boy in the month of July. Now my son is 39 days old and I am on exclusive breastfeeding. In last few days I have noticed that milk production has decreased. Please prescribe me an oral medicine to increase the breast milk production.
I am 34 years female trying to conceive. Last month I had symptoms during ovulation but after 3days bleeding near my menstrual cycles no symptoms. Could I be pregnant because bleeding was little lighter than my regular 28days cycles?
I frequently encounter with stomach pain. I loose my appetite during that period. I have this problem from over 3 years I need a permanent solution to this.
I'm 26 years old female, my hubby's sperm cell count is low, but my family is waiting for good news that when I will conceive, it's almost 2 years, so they're forcing me, I want to have sex with my boyfriend to become mother, but he is not interested, he is saying that there are chances to get aids for both of them. please help me in this regard.
I am 30 year old women having one girl child of 15 months. I have lost interest in sex in regular basis as at night I was overtired. My husband has so much of problem with me that I am not interested in sex. Because of which our relation is getting worse. Please suggest what to do?
I am a female 38 years old, mother of two kids (10 & 8 Years). I have a rumbling sensation in my stomach / uterus area. My periods are normal. I had my last period 15 days back. Is this due to gastric or shud I visit my gynaec? Please reply. Thanks.
I am a pcos patient. Periods have stopped since 5 months. Doc gave me cyclenorm e and p tablets for 3 days. But today is the 5th day and I still didn't have my periods. How many days do I have to wait.
My girlfriend took i-pill after unprotected sex and the very next day again she took i-pill. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
My gf has blue veins in her breasts nd her areola is getting bigger. She got over with her normal periods wich lasted for 5 days. It was 70% of the usual bleeding she has. We did home pregnancy test 2 times in a weeks interval. 1 was on 3rd May nd 2nd was on 11th May, both wdr negative. So its unlikely that she might be pregnant. So what could be the reason for the blue veins nd big areola and why? Please help.
Helo doctor, My husband and I are newly married. Instead of starting with sex right away, we decided to start with oral. In the process, he rubbed his precum on the vagina and also ejaculated next to it. He also tried penetrating a bit. But since it was painful, stopped. Since we are not planning any pregnant, we want to know whether I will be pregnant. I have read that pregnancy is possible even if ejaculation is not done inside. Because of this information, I consumed one Ipill too. Please please let us know whether pregnancy is possible or not. We had done this on my high risk day after periods. Please guide us.
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.