Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.GovindarajanYour feedback matters!
ask your child daily happenings after coming back home. understand him/her what they are facing and how they are handling issues of their life. this will help child to learn sharing stresses. guide them correct way of dealing with their problems. always punishing scolding shouting on child is not the proper way to handle them. Parents must have patience while dealing with children.
My baby is 9.5mths old. He used to have semi solid food watching cartoon. After returning back from our native place i. E. Udupi, he has stopped eating semi solid food as he used to have before. He also does not watch cartoon on TV as before while eating food. He drinks cows milk properly. It was hot in our native place and we used to give him cerelac and dal rice smashed. He is afraid of strangers and cries a lot. Please advice how to get my baby eat like before. What is the real cause of his change in behavior.
My 15 month old baby weight only 7 kg. At the time of her birth her weight was 2.5 kg. Pls help me out how to increase her weight. Is she normal. She is active.
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oi
My 7 month baby suffering from cold and nose block. Now that time m give her wikoryl AF and Atarax. 0.5 ml three time in a day. Is it ok for cold? please suggest for best medicine for her.
My son who is 14 years old has been running a few 10km races. He cycles 4 km everyday. He wants to participate in a 21 km run. He would be jogging and walking alternately (ie not running the entire 21 K). Is it safe for him to participate? Any precautions? Any inputs/ advice would be greatly valued. Thank you.
Is cow milk harmful for 2 years child through betel or cup, if cow milk will be harmful then what milk I can give to my child.
My sister's 3 Months old baby boy doesn't drink milk much in these days. She feeds not only breast milk but also formula (Similac). But in these days, baby didn't drink much as usual. Drinking amount decreased to 2/3. It starts after baby recovered from ill because of injection. Baby was ill about 1 day after injection. Now my sister are worried her baby because it is decreasing weight. So we would like to ask that can we change other formula brand or getting advice from physicians?
I have a 10 month baby boy suffering from reddish eye from last 2 month and pediatrician refer to eyes specialist. I want to know whom to visit and also refer in Noida / Ghaziabad area. Please advice.
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My 5 years old daughter has some marks on her foot, when consulted a skin doctor he diagnosed it as Granulamo Annulare. Is there any treatment for this? If yes could someone advise please. Many thanks in advance.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hi, My Son is 6 years and is not interest to eat any thing daily this is very big task to eat any thing to my son and he is not interested to eat normal food now this age only eat one piece of roti and one major problem is going to latrine once in a 2 to 3 days so I donate now what to do kindly suggest.
My 4 years baby girl suffering with cough and cold monthly thrice. Once she'll intake tablets and syrup and back to normal. Then again she will suffer with same cause. My confusion is on #1 Why she as affected with cold n cough regularly. & Then my Age is 29 years. Given Normal delivery. But now weight is 97 kg. What are diet foods and what type of exercise need to take? No diabetes No sugar Had tried tablets for weight loss before last 11months but no big result just 1 to 2 kgs only. Now taking tablets Zerofat A. #2 What I have to do to weight lost.
Start planning the arrival of your baby by the end of the sixth month of your pregnancy, like searching options for baby's health care, and making arrangements at your home for the new edition to the family.
My daughter is 3 months old. We were giving Dexolac Premium to her and then she started spitting out. Our doctor suggested us to change the brand to Nan Pro1, however she is still spitting out lot of milk. Doctors says this is reflux. How long does the reflux stay as she has been spitting out at least 30 ml of 90 ml we give her? Is she lactose intolerant? How can we find out? Please help and suggest as we are concerned.
My grand daughter have 5 years old, weight 12.5 kg only. She take one idly in the morning, small quantity of rice in the mid day and one dosai in the night. She did't take any fruits and vegetables like healthy food. What should I do to improve her health?
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.