Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.A.Abraham
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K.A.AbrahamYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from heart palpitations, weakness of muscles, tiredness, overweight, dry mouth but not cough, anxiety, trimmers.
I am 19 years old and I have been facing the problem of unconsciousness sometimes from last nine months. My blood pressure also remains high during all the day.
Hi doctor, my friend is having pain in the area of below chest and upper abdomen on the right side for several days.He took scan for liver and it is normal .He is having vomiting sensation, belching and excess sweating also. Please help.
Last year march 2018I have gone through angioplasty for one blockage. Presently on medication 1) Ecosprin gold-10 2) Con cor 1.25 nowi am facing sometimes 1) I am getting high heart palpitations just like when we fear of something, though I am not 2) also got angina pain 3) chronic constipation well known Cardiologist doesn't say anything as he has done 2d as well bp and ecg seems to be normal ,he prescribed sleeping peels ,i am not problem with sleep Can you please mention the cause and any suggestions Thank you.
A friend of mine was healthy and problem free. He had an argument with someone very close to his heart and he is possessive about. My friend is very sensitive about that person and the person means a lot to him. Now after the argument my friend started sweating, had vomiting and passed 2-3 stools. I am really worried about him since distance does not permit me to go and see him. Is it some sign of cardiac arrest or something?
I am a male 69 years old. Recently I had my check up. All results are okay specially my sugar is 78. My problem is my cholesterol which is at 225 and my heart is slightly enlarged due to age. What can your doctors suggest to improve and or to cure.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!