Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothi Velu
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi VeluYour feedback matters!
How to reduce oily skin and get fair skin tone without food control or diet and without any side effects.
Hi doctor ! I am using melacream on my face used 20 days it self . I stopped 1 weak ago when I using that got good result and looking great . But now got dell face and in near eyes side both side some black skin came please suggest me what should I do . Or tell any alternative cream but I want good result .
Choose a Sunscreen with a UVA and UVB Protection
SPF of 30 blocks about 97% of UVB radiation.
For Acne Prone skin Use a Gel Based sunscreen
She got attacked by breast tumor. And it's become hard and spread to left breast please give me some homeopathic remedies.
I had pigmentation problem in my second delivery I have taken treatment of peeling from dermatologist Mr. Devendra jain he had burnt my face after 9th sitting Now my face is looking dull & wrinkles started on feeling like my skin is going to loos When m started massage with hone remedy it's showing loose lm very afraid about it. freckles has shown on face as it is what to do In sundays it becomes darker & darker. please tell me suggestion.
Hyperpigmentation is darkening of the skin and it is commonly caused by high melanin level. Melanin gives color to your hair, skin and eyes. Melanin level can be affected by trauma, aging, diseases, pregnancy and excessive exposure to sunlight, causing unsightly brown spots.
The causes of melanin disorder can be internal or external. Internal causes are inborn and they are especially common for people with dark skin tone.
External causes include exposure to chemicals like progesterone. Estrogen, minocycline, and sunlight.
Ultraviolet rays cause strains, spots and freckles which can cause permanent or temporary discoloration. They are common on skin areas that are exposed to sun (face and hands).
Surgeries also cause hyperpigmentation, but the spots remain even when the condition improves.
Melasma is skin discoloration during pregnancy, but it sometimes affects men. The spots appear on the cheeks and nose, and this phenomenon is commonly known as the ?pregnancy mask.? However, the spots disappear after labor.
Natural remedy for hyperpigmentation
Stir a teaspoon of lemon juice in a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
Apply the mixture on any affected area.
Leave it on for 15 minutes
Rinse your face thoroughly
Do not expose your skin to sun. Apply the remedy before taking a shower, and apply it once or twice a day until your condition improves.
This home remedy is based on the principles of Ayurveda, an ancient Indian science of healing.
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties and gives skin a lighter, glowing complexion.
Lemon rejuvenates and brightens skin.
Add milk or water in your lemon juice if you have sensitive skin.
Make a light paste of Fuller's clay (multani mitti) with one tea spoon of olive oil.
Coat on your both hands upto wrist and alow it to dry naturally.
Wash it properly.
Apply almond oil your hands.
These are some methods to remove pigmentation from your whole body.
These methods will make your whole body beautiful.
Enjoy with your soft,glowing and beautiful skin.
I'm 21 year old. I'm medium in colour. Before I was fair enough later I fell ill and I'm still recovering from my complexion. Please do tell me how to become fair. I'm just worried about my skin colour.
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon:
Tips for skin care:
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open pores that are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy makeup during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for waterproof makeup.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon.