Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My bowel does not get clear in the morning. I need to go to toilet twice or thrice. Particularly after having some food like after lunch, I feel like going to toilet. Quantity is less and some what semi solid kind. My doctor told it is Irregular Bowel Syndrome and advised me to take Librax in the night and Raver DSR in the morning (empty stomach). I am taking the medicine since last one and a half month. Is my treatment going on in the right direction? Can there be something else? Till when do I have to take these medicines? What will happen when I stop taking medicines?
Sore tongue on sides on regular basis. Stomach is relatively OK now earlier I had bloating but now its fine. Tongue is constantly sore on sides and it pains too even without eating. While eating spicy it hurts more. Please suggest!
I am 49 years old, often I am facing gas/ acidity problem due to that I could not sleep well at night, already I have two cerebral attack in the year 2012, 29th August, and 2014, 29th December, what I will do? Some suggested for Carotid Doppler test, transesophageal RR Echo and Mr. angiography of aortic area to both cardiac test - what I will do? Pl immediately provide me your best opinion.
I was diagnosed with fatty liver grade 1.also with high cholesterol and hypothyroidism. Though thyroid and cholesterol are under control fatty liver still exists. Can I take patanjali liv-d syrup. Does it have side effect? I am drinking a glass of water with apple cider vinegar with lemon every morning.
My age is 40 Years, work culture on computer every day 10-12 hrs, I have neck pain since last 8-9 months and also have heart burn problem on few occasion and eye sight also tested +1 ECG, BLOOD, xray test result normal. advice me please.
I am suffering from gastric stool. Constipation have. During gas passes urine drop in my pants. Please solve by medicine.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.