Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Joseph SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 20 years old man. I feels back pain when I woke up at morning. I had backflip training 6 months ago but I don't think that causes back pain. I used to sleep with pillow aside and feel much more comfortable when I put my leg over it and my chest is as base to my bed.
Hi, I am 40 years old and has pain in my heels since more than 2 years. Consulted ortho doctors but no relief. Can you help in this regards.
hello sir I am 22 year old and I often heard cracking sound in my joints and doctor says I have swollen intestines what should be precautions and medicine I should get.
I have back pain problem. Because I am setting long time on chair. Please help me with that. Tell me some yoga.
I am 39 years my weight is 95 kg, my height is 5.4, I have ligament tear in my right knee, I have slip disc in l4, l5, high bp. Etc, please suggest how to loose weight. Rapidly fast if any medicine that can help to reduce the weight.
Mere right shoulder ke niche peeth me jo bone hai usme dard hota hai lagta hai jaise current lag raha ho ek jagah par. Koi nas khich gyi hai ya or kuch hai please bataye kya kare.?
I have fracture in my right hand from a small jerk, so what should I do to increase the strength of my bones?
I have been suffering from pain on my left arm for two months. There is no sign of swelling, no sore, actually nothing happened in my remembrance but when I stretch my hand back or up to hold something it gives severe unbearable pain. Please advise. With Regards.
Two months ago I had got an injury in my knee while playing cricket. Sy that time I had used volini gel to avoid pain. But now a days I am again feeling acute pain in that left knee. Suggest me proper medication to get rid of.
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.
I'm suffering from body pain mainly in back and knee joints, arm joints. What are the precaution should I take.
Dear sir, I have shoulder pain in rear side right side shoulder actually I am doing gym .few days back I have injured my shoulder during workout during workout this pain occurred .i think my rotator cuff bend can you please tell me some medicine or something else.
Hello, I'm 20 years old. Actually, I'm feeling a very sharp pain in my heel from 2 days without any injury. I always use to go by vehicle anywhere and rarely use to go by foot. I feels this pain whenever I go by foot. May I know the reason?
I am 45years male. I got wedge fracture in d10 and d11 of my vertebrae in mar 2015. Now I m feeling pain in my right shoulder since last two months. Is it the aftet affect of that fracture.
A three-step plan to relieve pain
1. Always do stretches and back strengthening exercises in the morning before the day's activities tire the back and at night to relax the muscles after a long day!
2. Use a cushion/or a back support when you sit on a chair. Use an ergonomic chair to sit at your desk. Take breaks every hour and walk around even to drink water or for making a cup of green tea! be mobile, but not on the mobile!
3. De-stress. Wellness encompasses mind and body relaxation. So meditate and breathe right. Eat healthy. Sleep well.