Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jeyalakshmi RYour feedback matters!
Hi how to brighten the private areas any tips. I will be very much busy with my schedule any soap, powder or cream which I can use it on daily basis to get back my confidence and be more comfortable with my partner.
Respected doctor ,I had given birth to baby girl two months before. God taken her in the cause of meconium aspiration. Is 6 months enough to conceive for next?
When a childless couple is not able to conceive, there are myriad paths that the couple may follow to obtain a solution. If IVF does not help the couple, then they can go in for surrogacy. In this method, another lady conceives, carries and gives birth to the baby created by the sperm and eggs of the intended parents. Let us find out more about surrogacy today.
Who can use it?
Surrogacy can be availed by couples who are not able to conceive due to many conclusive reasons including the absence of a womb or the malfunctioning of the same. Also, recurrent miscarriages can be one of the reasons. Further, a couple who has been through IVF or In Vitro Fertilisation implantation failure a number of times can opt for surrogacy.
How does it Work?
Full surrogacy, as it is known, is a process of implanting an embryo in a host body. This embryo is usually created using the egg and the sperm of the parents, or even a fertilised egg that has been donated by a donor, which is then fertilised using the sperm from the intended father. Also, this embryo may be created by using donor eggs and donor sperms. Partial surrogacy is also a method that may be used. When artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination (IUI) is used to create an embryo with the sperm from the intended father and the egg from the surrogate mother, then the process is known as partial surrogacy.
Chance of having a baby with surrogacy
The chance of having a baby with surrogacy depend on various factors. It depends on the ability of the surrogate to get pregnant, as well as her overall health. Before choosing a surrogate, it is important to put her through all the necessary tests to ascertain a good state of health. Further, the age of the egg donor is also a factor in such cases. The success of related procedures like IVF or IUI will also determine the chances of conception through this method. Furthermore, the quality of the elements used by the couple or the intended parents will also make a difference to the process and its efficacy. Yet, the most important factor includes the age of the woman whose egg is being used.
Difference between IVF and Surrogacy
In IVF, the eggs are gathered from the woman and the sperm is taken from her partner before an embryo is created and affixed in the uterus of the intended mother. In surrogacy, it is actually another woman who carries this lab-created embryo through methods like artificial insemination. The sperm may come from the father and the egg may be donated by someone else, in many cases involving full or partial surrogacy.
Hi. I do not want to get my pregnancy news out. I want to keep it to myself. I want to abort the child. Can I use vitamin c capsules for it as I read it on internet. Please suggest me some ways. Is this capsules available without doctors prescription? Please help me.
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!
I have 3 years old baby boy. I have stopped breast feeding but still some times milk droplets appears on my nipples. Why?
Hello Doctor we are planning for our second child but my wife is getting periods in 20 days. Kindly suggest what should we do? My wife is 32 years of age and we do not have any medical history.
Is the dates are good to eat during pregnancy? Which foods you can recommend during first 2 months of pregnancy?
I am 23 years old female I am having lump in right side of my breast and it has increase in size! I don't have any pain in it the lump can move every where in breast. It is movable. Is it cancerous or non cancerous?
I am pregnant my last lmp is sep 4 th now I am getting white spotting like a water getting more wet wat to do and I am carrying twins.
Dr. meri ye first pregnency he. Abi mera five month chal raha he. Mujhe white pani jata he. To kya problem ho sakti he. Pls Dr. reply as soon as possible.
My daughter is a polymiocities patient now is in remission she have a doubt in future she may be affect her eyes muscle also in this disease.
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
Breast cancer is the form of cancer that occurs from breast tissues in women. Signs of breast cancer may include a lump in the breast, changes in the shape of the breast, dimpling of the breast skin, a fluid coming out of the nipples or development of red scaly patches on the skin. There might be pain in the bones, swollen lymph nodes, shortness of breath, or the skin turning yellow and pale.
Breast cancer is a fatal mode of cancer in women, and one must try to abstain from this cancer in all possible ways. Here are 5 ways you can decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Keeping a check on your weight: Although the process is tough to maintain, keeping up a sound and healthy weight is a critical objective for everybody. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause in women. Exercise is very important for maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. Women who exert physically regularly are fitter than others and are at a much lower risk of acquiring diseases of any kind. Regular exercise decreases the chance of getting breast cancer and also keeps the body weight in check.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is a key for keeping away from any kind of cancer or major health problem. Include a sufficient amount of fresh fruits and green vegetables in your daily diet to ensure the supply of all vital nutrients to your body. This would increase your immunity.
- Avoid smoking and consume less alcohol: Smoking is a very unhealthy and harmful habit. Smoking lowers the quality of your life, and causes numerous diseases. Heart diseases, stroke and many kinds of cancer, including breast cancer can be caused from smoking. If you drink alcohol, you should moderate your drinking habits and drink less, as drinking in excess may lead to breast cancer.
- Practice breast feeding: Breast feeding your children for a span of one year or more is likely to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid taking birth control pills: Birth control pills, in spite of having several benefits are associated with risk factors as well. Birth control pills have got worse effects in younger women than older aged women. Using birth control pills may cause breast cancer and these pills should be avoided.
There are many ways, adapting which you can lower the chances of getting breast cancer.
Leucorrhea or excessive discharge per vagina can be a troublesome problem for many women. At certain times in the menstrual cycle the vaginal discharge is normally increased as in mid-cycle and just before the periods. This is normal . However if the discharge is smelly or excessive warranting use of sanitary towels or panty liners or associated with vulval/ vaginal itching it needs to be investigated.
Abnormal vaginal discharge associated with the above symptoms may be due to local infection. It may also be related to poor health, mal-nutrition, constipation, worm infestation , anaemia, local trauma and allergy to local soaps and deodrants.
If the discharge is persistent it is very important to consult a Gynaecologist who may prescribe antibiotics, creams, pessaries and sometimes get swabs done.
It is important to keep the area clean using plain water and dry One should avoid any form of soap/ dettol/ detergent and powders and perfumes in that area as it is very sensitive. Also general health should be improved and anaemia and mal-nutrion should be corrected. Deworming may be required. A local wash like V-wash can be applied once in a while locally that helps maintaining local pH. Drinking adequate water daily is also very important.