Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jessima
Submit a review for Dr. JessimaYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam Aaj noon me mai jab latrine karne gya toh usme se blood nikla and mere kamar m or legs m hlka pain sa hora h raat ko b jb m latrine gya toh frse blood nikla please meri help kijiye mereko koi remedies bataiye jisse thik hojaye m bahut dara hua hu please help me.
How do I know that my anal fissure is not due to because of STDs. Fissure came suddenly after 3/4 days hard stool and the same is not going away. I have tested HIV (thrice) but it is negative.
Quite a common condition across all age groups is acidity. Gastric acids are produced in the stomach to aid in digestion, and when there is an increase in the production of the acid, the stomach lining is likely to be inflamed resulting in a host of problems.
Often caused by an inappropriate diet such as consuming too much greasy and spicy food or fasting for long or binge eating or problems with the digestive system, the condition can, however, be treated with certain foods.
Here is an account of the diet that you can follow when suffering from acidity.
- Coconut water: It goes without saying that coconut water contains all the essential nutrients that offer numerous health benefits. But many people are not aware of the fact that this natural drink helps in combating acidity to a great extent. Coconut water is isotonic, and this helps in keeping up the natural pH balance in the body by flushing out toxins.
- Banana: This fruit is considered a perfect remedy for acidity, owing to its high potassium content. Potassium helps in relieving the symptoms and discomfort caused by acidity while stimulating the stomach lining for producing the mucus that can lower down the pH levels. Moreover, the high fibre content inhibits the recurrence of acidity. Eating overripe bananas can ease the acidity caused by fasting or eating spicy foods.
- Muskmelon: According to the expert dietitians, muskmelon contains many nutrients along with the antioxidants and fibre which play an active role in combating different symptoms of acidity and other problems of the stomach. This fruit offers soothing effect on the digestive system by reducing the acidity levels and helping in mucus production.
- Cold milk: This is a practical natural aid that helps in preventing the build-up of acid in the lining of the stomach. It helps in absorbing excess acid present in the stomach and thereby relieves the burning sensation in the stomach and chest.
- Buttermilk: Both curd and buttermilk are known for their effectiveness in treating stomach problems. These humble milk products can beat the burning sensation by bringing about a cooling effect. It helps in reducing the discomfort and irritation in the stomach by offering the needful nutrients which can be easily digested.
- Hot water: Simple solutions are often overlooked in case of acidity, and people end up taking medications. Hot water is a powerful means of fighting different health issues such as acidity. Drinking warm water acts as a natural detoxifier which flushes out most of the toxins from the digestive system while lowering the amount of acidity and its allied symptoms.
Thus, the next time you get bouts of acid attacks, you can take refuge in these measures that can help you get relief from the symptoms without much delay.