Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. JessimaYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 year old male, I eat nothing from the last 2 days and I got liver pain and heavy headache, what should I do? Please advice.
My digestion is very poor though I exercise daily when I eat little heavy diet like mutton its difficult to digest.
Dear sir mem mere pet me kal bahut jyada pen ho raha tha kya gas ke karan bhi tej pain ho sakta hai pls answer me.
My digestion s not good and prone towards gastric trouble. Plse advise some medicine which can be of daily use and help in building digestive digestive systems and eradicates gastric trouble.
Mujhe do din se liver m problem ho rhi h.vomiting sa feel ho rha h. Maine doctor ko dekhiyea to unhune medicines di kuch. Bt result is not gud. please tell me what should I do. Mai tea peta hu daily 3_4 tym. Uski bjha se to ni ho rha kya. Plzz reply fast. I am waiting.
My mother is 43 years old & in an USG: WHOLE ABDOMEN Report she has LIVER ENLARGED (186.3mm) IN SIZE WITH INCREASED PARENCHYMAL ECHOTEXTURE.(FATTY CHANGES GRADE-2. No IHBR dilation/focal SOL is seen. UTERUS is ANTEVERTED and Measures (89.6mm x 43.8mm x55.3mm; VOL-113.6ml BULKY) IMPRESSION: Hepatomegaly with fatty changes grade-2.
Facts on Peptic or Gastric Ulcer & Prevention
It is caused by the infection of stomach by Helicobacter pylori bacteria which causes inflammation in inner layers of stomach
1.Eat Healthy diet of Fruits vegetables and whole grains and food that is cooked completely
2.Avoid Prolonged pain killer drugs
3 . Control Stress
5.Protect from infections
I am suffering frm indigestion and acidic problems due to the removal of gallbladder suggest me something.
What can I do in high acidity situation ? My body like stuck. Too much pain at liver side when ever I take breast.
If you are finding certain symptoms like stomach pain, cramping, frequent diarrhoea, weight loss of your child or fever, then there are chances that he is suffering from Crohn's disease. Crohn's disease is a bowel disease that causes swelling and inflammation along the digestive tract of your child. Mostly, it affects the end of the small intestine, but it can occur anywhere from the mouth to the anus.
Causes behind the disease: It is not common in children, but if your child is showing symptoms, then one of the following may be the reason:
- Immunity system of the child,
- Genetics, and
The main cause behind such a disease can be any of the above. However, it has been found that if you have someone suffering from this disease in the family, then your child has more chances of getting affected by it.
Diagnosing Crohn's disease: If you find the above-mentioned symptoms in your child, then it is better to take him or her to a doctor. Mostly, this disease is chronic in nature, meaning that it will continue even if it is treated. However, with proper treatment the symptoms can be reduced.
For diagnosing this disease the following tests may be done
- Different lab tests that include a blood test for blood count and white blood cell count, and stool test to look for the bacteria that cause the inflammation and urine.
- X-Ray for detecting whether your child is suffering from Crohn's disease and what is the exact position of it in the digestive tract.
- If further required, they may do an endoscopy to find out the exact location and get more details.
Complications arising out of Crohn's disease: If your child is suffering from this disease and is left without treatment for long, he or she may suffer from the following complications.
- When the disease thickens, it may obstruct the intestinal walls by swelling of the intestine. Thus, the space from where the digestive matter passes becomes less and may lead to bowel obstruction.
- Fissures may develop at the mucus membrane of the anus.
- Fistulas or ulcers can occur as they tunnel through the affeced area to the nearby tissues. All these are painful for your child to bear.
- Your child cannot absorb the nutrients of the food like any other child and hence there are chances that they suffer from nutritional deficiencies.
With such problems that may not seem very huge in the beginning, your child may lose his appetite and forget about normal living. Thus, the moment you find any such symptoms, discuss them with your doctor.