Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JeevaganYour feedback matters!
I am 6 month pregnant. Muje naak ki problem h. I means naak ki haddi badh gai h to saans lene m dikkat hoti h. Sent specialist ki dawai chal rhi h us s kuch aaram h. Ese smy m muje kuch salah d ki food m kya lena chahiye or kis food s parhej Krna chahiye. Or kis chij ka dhyan rkhna chahiye.
Is ssg or hsg test is painful? Doctor has recommend for ssg test. I am very anxious about that. I am trying to conceive for 6 months but there is no result yet. My periods are regular . All medical tests and husband's semen test is okk. Is any kind of anesthesia is done for this test. ?
Know more about Psychiatric disorders
I am doctor Paresh Trivedi, I am a consultant psychiatrist and sex therapist. 21st Century is actually the Century for psychiatric disorders. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, psycho sexual problems and other psycho somatic disorders constitute the main chunk of the disorders that we commonly see in our clinical practices.
Udasinta, Nairashya, anxiety yaani ki bechain ho janey ki bimari, yeh sab bimariya plus psycho sexual bimariya jin mein sharirik problem hotey hai lekin mann se unka rishta hotey hai iss type ki bimariya, yeh sab bimariyo ki treatment hum karte hai. Main 21 saal se iss field mein hu aur main treatment kar raha hu iss bimariyo ki. Koi bhi vyasan ho uski bhi treatment hoti hai, vyasan chhurane ki provided that apka ghar ke family member yah koi jaankari ka friend, rishtedaar, koi bhi unki taiyari honi chahiye. Humare yaha psychologists bhi aatey hai, counselors bhi aatey hai aur hum poori testing wagera karte hai, patients ke sessions lete hai. Aur specialized sessions bhi jab jab koi koi bimari ke liye lagte hai who bhi lete hai.
Hamarey yahan EEG testing hota hai, jis mein brain ka mapping hota hai, jaise ki cardiogram hota hai. Aur psychological testing bhi hota hai, jaise ki buddhi matta ki jaanch. Bimariyo ki supporting test hoti hai kuch kuch, who jaanch. Toh yeh saarey problems ke barey mein mere clinic mein testing hoti hai.
Aur adhik jaankari ke liye aap mujhe sampark kar sakte hai Lybrate.com pe. Thank You.
My doctor suggested hsg test she told me that it is painful please tell how much pain and how much time and procedures also I read some experience it is very bad.
My wife having periods since last 1 month, we have 2 children, she is 32 years old, any suggestions what needs to be done
Hi, Can I do a pregnancy test after 2 days of my missed period for accurate result or I need to wait for a week to do so?
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.
Hi. I took iui treatment. exactly after 16 days I got beta HCG level is 46. 28miu/l what it means? Is that my pregnancy is confirmed. Or I need to take one more beta HCG test?
I am 22 years old. Experiencing a lot of hair fall since a year and it has worsened in last three months. I was having irregular menstruation and doctor recommended some medications and the hair fall started then. What should I take for hair regrowth. Food, supplement, medications etc?
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Hi Doctor, My wife is pregnant with 13 weeks. Now she is facing head ache on every two three days. She is taking below medicine: Hcg inj. Twice in month during first trimester (5000iu) Proluton depot (250) every week during first trimester. Both injections course is completed. Other medicines are duvadilan retard daily. One folic acid tablet daily and doxinate of for nausea. Ultrasound scan at three month is good. Can you pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Dr. Has suggest injections as her earlier pregnancy was unsuccessful because of blighted ovum. Pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Thanks and regards.
The individuals with higher IQ dream twice as much as those with lower IQ. It is due to the activation of the brain when the individual is sleeping. Folks with higher IQ are able to activate a larger mass of their brain than others.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on share.
Dear sexologist. Mera 4th time sex hai. Vagina sucking ke time vagina ke andar kuch pani jaise nikalta. Tha Woh pani mouth ke andar chala gaya hai. Hum dono ko koi problems hoga gaya kya . Kindly batao please.
In the realm of sexual relations, Incest is one of the longing social taboos. In order to curb this social taboo, many governments have introduced law banning incest. Basically, this is a sexual relationship between those who are blood-related, which is also called as Consanguineous relationship. This is also called as Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) which can be between siblings, half siblings, donor children, adoptees, biological mother and father, nephew and so on. This is a social evil, and experts have some remedies so that you can deal with genetic sexual attraction.
According to an article published in Spanish Magazine AFIN in July 2013, separation of siblings for quite a long time is one of the known causes for genetic sexual attraction. At the same time, the magazine points out that there are instances that even those who are not separated have this mania of genetic sexual attraction. Some of the other interesting aspects of GSA can be explained as follows:
It is said that children who grow in close proximity since their childhood develop reverse sexual attitude or imprinting with their siblings, parents and with other consanguineous relationships. This reverse sexual attitude actually suppresses sexual desire with consanguineous relationship. This theory is also called as Westermarck Effect. This can be the pointer to the question How to deal with Genetic Sexual Attraction because consanguineous relationship separated for years may not have the Westermarck Effect.
It is pointed out that when siblings who are separated for long duration of time are sexually mature when they meet each other. In other words, they were not members of the nuclear family, and this long absence can attract each other for a closer relationship. In addition to this, the siblings are biologically and mentally so grown up that they have made their own hard imprint of their character, taste and so on. It is a combination of these factors that makes them an exception to the Westermarck effect.
Symptoms of GSA:
Extreme awareness about the other person, hard desire to stay or talk, distractible behavior, unnecessary talking, holding hands or touching or making use of every opportunity to have some kind of physical contact, daydreaming are some of the known symptoms of GSA.
One of the ideal remedies for those suffering from GSA is to seek help of appropriate medical fraternity in the earliest possible time. This is one of the most ideal approaches to deal with genetic sexual attraction. It is also suggested that you should ensure that the siblings meet at regular intervals. This can help the siblings to have Westermarck Effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.