Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jeevagan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JeevaganYour feedback matters!
I and my wife just got married last month of feb 2016. And we have some sex approx 6 times without any protection (condom) ot etc. And once she has her complete her period but at the last day of the period we have it again and she got her period again for few time. So I and my wife want to know is it safe or not actually we have plan for a baby but my question is we have it 6 time please suggest me was it is good or bad.
Pregnancy is an ideal time to start taking really good care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you should give yourself the best chance of having a problem free pregnancy and a healthy baby.Healthy and fit baby is all what mother demands so here are the tips for a healthy pregnancy.
2. Eat well: Aim to eat a healthy, balanced diet whenever you can. Try to have, at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily. Plenty of carbohydrates, such as roti and rice, as the basis of your meals. Choose wholegrain carbohydrates rather than white, so you get plenty of fibre. Daily servings of protein, such as fish, lean meat, eggs, nuts or pulses, and some milk and dairy foods. Two portions of fish a week, at least one of which should be oily.
3. Take a supplement: Pregnancy vitamin supplements aren't a substitute for a balanced diet. But they can help if you're worried you're not eating well, or you're too sick to eat much.
4. Be careful about food hygiene: There are some foods that are not safe to eat in pregnancy. This is because they can carry a health risk for your baby. It is always recommended to avoid foods such as raw papaya and raw pineapple during pregnancy as cause pregnancy or birth complications. It can even lead to miscarriage. Avoid eating outside food.
5. Exercise regularly: Good exercise choices for pregnancy include, brisk walking, swimming, antenatal classes, yoga, pilates, etc. One should do exercise which she is used to doing regularly when not pregnant and should avoid starting any new exercise during pregnancy without supervision.
6. Begin doing pelvic floor exercises: Your pelvic floor comprises a hammock of muscles at the base of your pelvis. These muscles support your bladder, vagina and back passage. They can feel weaker than usual in pregnancy because of the extra pressure upon them. Pregnancy hormones can also cause your pelvic floor to slacken slightly.
7. Cut out alcohol: Any alcohol you drink rapidly reaches your baby via your bloodstream and placenta.
There is no way to know for sure how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy. That's why many experts advise you to cut out alcohol completely while you're expecting.
8. Cut back on caffeine: Coffee, tea, cola and energy drinks are mild stimulants. There are concerns that too much caffeine may increase your risk of miscarriage. It's also thought possible that too much caffeine may contribute to your risk of having a low birth weight baby.
9. Stop smoking: Smoking during pregnancy can cause serious health problems, for you and your baby. These risks include an increased risk of, miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight.
10. Get some rest: The fatigue you feel in the first few months is due to high levels of pregnancy hormones circulating in your body. Later on, it's your body's way of telling you to slow down.To wind down ready for bed, try relaxation techniques, which are safe in pregnancy, such as yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualisation, massage.
What will happen if you don't follow these tips?
1. Insufficient Growth
2. Neurological Disorders
3. Low Birth Weight
5. Fetus and Infant Death
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is having a thyroid condition currently she is on medication thyronorm 50 can she have ladies finger because someone told her to avoid that and also she is having irregular periods can she conceive having these conditions two years ago she had a miscarriage please advise.
Before one week of my period. My right breast is discharging thin density white colored discharge if pressed. I'm not pregnant but take thyroid medicine. This happened 1st time. What should I do?
Madam/sir, I have married. I was completed 1 1/2 year but I have no kids. My wife is regularly get the irregular periods. Every month 10 or 15 days late and last month two months late periods. I am waiting to kids please help us.
I am planing for conceiving my doctor suggests me 1folic acid 2 is fertisure f tablet and last one is duphaston tablet Is it ok to take medicine.
Hi Doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my menstrual cycle and took Unwanted 72 within 40 hours of the same. I got 15 days delay for my period so took pregnancy tests thrice. It came out to be positive. I consulted my family doctor and she advised me an assigned complete dose of Caam kit within 49 days of my cycle. Can it be one or two days delayed as it's difficult to get the Medicine. I just want to ensure how safe it is and what are the side effects of the same if any?
In the race of getting to work on time, finishing files and completing all the tasks on your to-do list, eating is sometimes given the last priority. You may think that skipping a meal does no harm, but in fact it can have quite a detrimental effect on your physical and mental health.
Here are a few things that may happen when you skip a meal
You lose muscle weight: While skipping a meal may make you lose weight, this is not healthy weight loss. Skipping a meal makes the body lose muscle weight not fat. Losing muscle weight can, in turn, lead to a loss of energy and make you tire easily.
- You will crave junk food: When you skip a meal, your body craves for fillers and snacks. Thus, you are more likely to binge on chips and other such unhealthy snacks. In the long run, this can make you put on weight. It can also make you eat more for your next meal.
- You may be less productive: Skipping a meal can make you slowdown in terms of time taken to make decisions. It can also make you physically unsteady and leave you feeling lethargic thus, making you less productive. Not eating at regular times can also make you moody and affect your ability to concentrate on tasks.
- Your metabolism is affected: Skipping a meal may put your body into starvation mode so as to store energy. Not only does this slow down your rate of metabolism and leave you with less energy, it can also lead to weight gain as the calories are stored as fat instead of being burnt as energy.
- It can increase your risk of lifestyle diseases: Skipping a meal can make your blood sugar levels drop. Not having breakfast or lunch can also make you eat a heavier dinner that elevates your sugar levels. This type of fluctuation can affect your body’s insulin response time and lead to diabetes in the long run. Skipping meals can also lead to high blood pressure and hypertension.
It can cause indigestion: Stomach upsets like gas, bloating, acidity, pain etc are very often caused by skipping a meal. This is because when you skip a meal, the stomach is left empty for a long time leading to a build-up of gastric acids in the stomach. This acid then attacks the lining of the stomach causing ulcers and abdominal pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!