Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. JayakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years years old . My husband is a womanizer, am stressed seeing his activities. I've 2 school going children.
My friend in depression because his wife in love and sex with other person before marriage so he think about this matter please help us.
Next month my exam will be start and for this I am a patient of depression. For this headache, tried every time. Please help me.
My memory power is not too low but low and forget something sometimes likes english meanings after repeating 10 times. So how can improve my memory power. Please suggest me.
I am passing through mental stress. I am love wid some one. We are trying to convince my parents. But my parents are not ready for our marriage. I respect my parents and although they are right from their side and we are right from our side. Now the situation is my boyfriend wants court mrg. He has given me one month to decide either court mrg or broke up. I am totally can't understand. I am in stress. Having bad dreams. Please help me.
Sab kuch thik hone k baad bhi mujhe hamesha kuch boora hone ka darr lga rehta hai. Jaise chalte hooye accident hone ka. Safar krte hooye gadi takrane ka etc etc.
Hi, I am 18 years old and i'm from Mexico. And Today I woke up with twinges in the right side of the stomach, every twinge lasts 2 seconds and it happens like 1 or 2 hours I feel it again .That's my only discomfort for now. Help please.
My friend is always eating nails he chewing nails his nails are swelling when he was in tension he he cuts his nails with mouth we consulted so many doctors no change happen suggest me doctor.
I am 23 old 5.11" I have been smoking since 2010 but from last 3-4 months I have been smoking 10 to 12 sticks per day but now am tired of itI m finding it very tough to quitcan you suggest some medicines to cope up with damage done by the ciggerate.
I am getting angry on other either it a small issue or big but for my angry there is no border what I have to do to reduce angriness.
I' m taking 100mg seralift regularly morning and evening and 25 mg lonazep so so from last 12 year' s I feel good not better please tell side effects of medicine or other suggestions thanks
Unable to cope with my father's death due to cancer. Always wishing he were here. Not getting enough family support. My sister is schizophrenic. Family financial problems. What to do?
My son is 15 yrs old he has behaviour problem like he is very rude with parents and does not listen to any body. Please suggest me remedy.
I am a job doing person and my work is all in computers only. So please suggest me how can I avoid the chances of gaining obesity, anxiety, body pain and all other problems by doing long time work in computer.
Hello. My age is 24 years and I am a student of CA final and I have failed in my exams 5 times and I am very much disappointed due to this. My problem is that I can't concentrate properly on my work. Even when I sleep at night my mind keeps on thinking or sometimes sings a song and continuously repeat the same and I can't sleep properly. I am facing this problem from last many years. Due to this I can't study properly and also it is affecting my work at office. Please tell me if I am suffering from any mental problem and also suggest me some treatment to overcome the same.
We generally use the word 'stress' when we feel that everything becomes too much to handle - we are overloaded and wonder whether we can cope with the pressures placed upon us. Nowadays stress is a normal part of life. Almost everyone has some sort of stress. Constantly reacting to stressful situations without making adjustments to counter the effects, threatens our health and well-being.
There are steps you can help you managing day to day stressful conditions and take to feel better.
- Be realistic: If you feel overwhelmed by some activities (yours and/or your family's), learn to say NO! Eliminate an activity that is not absolutely necessary. You may be taking on more responsibility than you can or should handle. If you meet resistance, give reasons why you're making the changes. Be willing to listen to other's suggestions and be ready to compromise.
- Shed the 'superman/superwoman' urge: No one is perfect, so don't expect perfection from yourself or others. Ask yourself, 'What really needs to be done?' How much can I do? Is the deadline realistic? What adjustments can I make?' Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
- Take one thing at a time: For people under tension or stress, their day-to-day workload can sometimes seem unbearable. The best way to cope with this feeling of being overwhelmed is to take one task at a time. Make a list of things you need to get done and start with one task. Once you accomplish that task, choose the next one. The positive feeling of 'checking off' tasks is very satisfying. It will motivate you to keep going.
- Share your feelings: A conversation with a friend lets you know that you are not the only one having a bad day. Stay in touch with friends and family. Ask them how they have dealt with a similar situation that may be 'stressing you out.' Let them provide love, support and guidance. Don't try to cope alone.
- Be flexible: If you find you're meeting constant opposition in either your personal or professional life, rethink your position or strategy. Arguing only intensifies stressful feelings. Make allowances for other's opinions and be prepared to compromise. If you are willing to be accommodating, others may meet you halfway. Not only will you reduce your stress, you may find better solutions to your problems. Go easy with criticism. You may expect too much of yourself and others. Try not to feel frustrated, disappointed or even 'trapped' when another person criticises you.
- Hobbies: Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. Whether it's gardening or painting, schedule time to indulge your interest. Exercise: Regular exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits both the body and the mind. Meditate: Just ten to twenty minutes of quiet reflection may bring relief from chronic stress as well as increase your tolerance to it.
- Take Herbal Supplement: Herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Mandukparni, Shankhpuspi, Kaunch are very helpful in managing stress. These herbs work on the brain and help relax you which ultimately empowers you to manage your stressful conditions easily. There are many herbal supplements available in the market that can help you.
- Consult the Doctor: If your stress level doesn't seem to improve with above tips, it may require more attention and consultation with an Expert.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.