Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. JayakumarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 14 years old and studying in class 9. She has a problem of concentration and that effects her studies. As she is not good in her studies, she avoids studying. On being told to study or being reprimanded for not doing well in studies, she reacts very rudely and violently. We try to handle the situation cautiously and calmly but sometimes it goes out if hand as she continuously says things to hurt her mother. She even goes on to say that she wants to commit suicide. In general her nature is soft and she repents for her behaviour later on. But she says she is unable to control herself. Her behaviour at school is very good and she is known as a soft spoken child. But overall her studies and her erratic behaviour is causing us a concern. Pl help..
Sir/ma'm. I have tried many times to quit smoking. But after some day start it again. How to quit smiking. What will be my strategy to combat this urge.
I am having trouble in interacting with peoples. I am very gloomy all the time. I am experiencing trouble in speaking to even my family members. What should I do?
Borderline personality disorder is connected with the mental health of the patient and is usually seen in the way the patient perceives himself or herself. This has a deep impact on the brain and overall functioning of the patient. It leads to problems in the personal life and relationships of the patient. These problems are usually triggered by a fear of abandonment. Let us explore the signs and symptoms of this condition to understand it in a better manner:
- Discouraging Attitude: One of the earliest signs of this disorder includes having an attitude that is very discouraging. This attitude may remain limited to the patient or may extend to the people around him or her.
- Self-Identity: This disorder has a marked impact on the self-identity of the patient. There is usually a rapid decline in the way the patient may view himself or herself. A self-deprecating attitude will usually be seen among patients suffering from this condition, where the self-esteem hits an all-time low along with low self-confidence.
- Relationships: Whether it the patient's personal relationships, family, friends or work based relationships, there will be a sharp decline in the quality of interactions that the patient indulges in, due to this disorder. The interactions and dynamics of all relationships will usually take on an intense turn as the patient will have varied unfounded concerns that come from the fear of abandonment. This usually stems from some form of childhood trauma triggered by parental separation or loss.
- Impulsive Behavior: Patients suffering from this disorder will also display impulsive behavior that may lead to gambling, and other risky behavior. This kind of behavior can usually lead to accidents and losses as well as further lowering of the sense of self-esteem that the patient may experience. Also, abuse and binge eating are some of the symptoms of this kind of behavior.
- Suicidal threats: There may be threats of suicide by patients who are suffering from this disorder. This usually happens because most of these patients end up feeling lost and empty, which makes them think that their life and all its activities are completely futile. If you happen to meet someone who consistently talks about how useless he or she is and how nothing in life seems to have a purpose, then you may want to recommend this person to a psychiatrist as these are the earliest signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
- Mood swings: The patient will also suffer from intense mood swings. These could last up to several days and even weeks. These mood swings could go from happiness to severe anxiety and even shame. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I don't know that I suffering depression but I feel laziness and disorder mentality. I have lost my self confidence in any work and not remember study material.
Hello I am a 26 year old female . Three years back I put on weight due to pressure of exams and stress .Previously I was 59 kgs and my height is 5" 5 . I recently weighed myself and I was shocked to see that I put on 20 kgs . Currently I weigh 80 kgs . M extremely concerned . My wedding is in december . Kindly suggest me what to do ? I wanna lose 20 kgs before december.
My boy friend was a chain smoker 9 months before. He was smoking 5 to 6 cigarettes per day for nearly 3 years. Then he gradually decreased the count day by day due to my continuous compulsion. I personally hate smokers to the core. He said to me that he totally stopped smoking for the past 4 months. How to find whether it is true or not? Is there any way to find out that he is lining to me that he stopped it and still doing it when I am not around? Pls help me find it.
I am so weak of heavy walking and body pains and laziness which of the medicines are help to lose the pain and laziness?
My name is divyansh I have depression I tried some medicine but didn't relief please suggest me some effective medicines.
I am a 21 year old man I feel alot of nervousness during night I think I am depressed but people say it is a disease but I want to help others to maintain positiveness. What should I adi.
I am 32 years old married male I and my wife want a baby. After 1st month of our marriage she was pregnant we did medical abortion at home by consultation with doctor and took pills unwanted kit. Now its 1 year we want to have a baby. Last month we tried but this month she had period. Is there a problem? What to do please help me. We must try again this month or consult with doctor is anything serious problem.
I want to know how I should come out of masturbation on daily basis I masturbate on daily basis and now I realize I deliver ejaculation quite earlier, it takes just few nominal minutes as well as my eye vision is getting blurred. After talking to my girlfriend I feel to masturbate. How should I come out of this addiction? Or, it is all just a myth in my mind towards masturbation? Kindly reply me as early as possible.
I had been drinking alcohol for 25 year, now I quit my alcohol, now I have headache every time and I lost my apatite completely .I do not feel hungry, is it withdrwl effect, I have also somewhat acidity, what happen with me pls tell me sir?
Dear sir, I'm underweight, because of anxiety and unnecessary confusion , my weight is gradually reducing. If you tell me know the dangers of anxiety, I'll try to avoid it permanently. Pls pls. I'm very confused in this connection. Pls pls pls tell me the danger of anxiety to human body.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.