Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. JayakumarYour feedback matters!
Hello I just tested hiv negative after 8 months of possible hiv risk exposure (two condoms protected sex at one time). I had tested 3 times for hiv all in different labs. Is there is still any changes to test positive from that exposure. Another problem is my anxiety How can I get rid from killing anxiety. I know I'm very likely to hiv negative Since I had protected sex plus I have 3 hiv negative results at 8 months of exposure. But for some reason I'm feeling too much anxiety about this issue sometimes feeling suicidal. Please help me I want to move on. But my deadly anxiety is killing me. Thanks for your Help.
Hii. I am going through some rough phase. Been into this since long. And m feeling this constant feeling of sadness and m getting anxiety attacks every single day. No interest in anything. There is some constant which jst do not goo whatever I get or whatever I do even if it is something that used to make me happy or can make any damn person happy it does not make me happy anymore. I always want to cry out I always want to jst run from everything. My hair has reduced to 1/4th of what they used to bcz of this stress. I am always out of energy.
I take jolivel 50 mg contain opipramol twice a day for last 10 weeks .know doctor add dothip 50 mg .how long anxiety fully cure.
Sir I am very weak in reading but I am very interest to reading I am 12th class student. Mind is low sir.Please tell.
What are symptoms of brain tumour? Is it happens by thinking a lot or getting angry and taking so much stress?
Simple ways to deal with stress on your own
Hello everyone. My name is Dr. Achal Gupta and I am a physiotherapist for past 9 years. I am also a Heal Your Life teacher and life. My healing Centre is named Heaven of Health and it is in North Delhi. My center is equipped with latest important machines for best care services in a soothing and healing environment.
In my so many years of practice, I have seen that the fruits of every disease lie in the emotional and behavior pattern of the patience. And the disturbance of these emotions lie in lack of self-love. So I would like to tell you some of the ways to love yourself which I have also given in my book 'Seven Secrets of Loving Yourself'.
- The first is to take care of your body. Your body is a temple you live in taking care of body and appreciating the physical world you are in. It really really helps a positive flow of energy through your body and your mind.
- The second way of loving yourself is to be your own cheerleader. When you appreciate yourself and praise yourself your soul source high and the flow of positive energy is enormous through your being.
- The Third way of loving yourself is claiming the power and the power is always in the present moment when we are focusing on the present moment and be mindful positively on the present.
Hi I am 30 years old and habituated to smoke regularly say 9-11 cigarettes a day. I want to quit smoking but I can't. Any suggestions or ideas that can help me for quitting this habit?
There is some job related problem in my life. And its too long now. So I sometimes feel very sad and always depressed and thinks of suicide too.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do? Please let me know.
I don't know why, that some times I don't know what I was doing. Eg :suppose if I run for a certain distance at the end I think like did I run till now.
Since someday my full right side of body paining a lot if I do hard work like carry things it's paining. So I decide to relax n take rest but now my side was numb I hand leg I feel Like feel less. I'm scared I dnt know what to do. Y it's happening. I'm fasting n I'm having normal food. please suggest me.
The most evolving and ever changing thing in the world is Mind. From primates to the least level of living beings, Mind governs all the major functions of body. Psychiatry as a medical science has now grown beyond the Psychological aspects of mind like conscious and subconscious to more of brain mapping. The last decade has show biological (neurotransmitters) basis of mind and its related functions. But why we need to discuss about Mind and its Normality?
The question is that every day media is flooded with stress, depression, rage, hit and run, Addiction, sexual assaults, calamities and other events that influence us so much. Also, some media believe in positive news that also make an impact spreading positive vibes to make us relax. This diversity of stimuli around us makes our Mind do its basic function i.e generating thoughts and related emotions. With experiences and feedbacks from people, others and our own inner values; complexity builds up and we become refined each day. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses.
This susceptibility varies from person to person and there are few factors which makes a person more susceptible, I would say vulnerable to illness or symptoms related to Mind. These factors range from birth, upbringing, childhood experiences, schooling, family environment, job and work areas, career struggles, relationship issues, addictions, genetic make up of a person, catastrophic and negative life events, financial condition, social and religious norms to multiple other factors. That is why a person gets surprised and moves into a reason finding state about what went wrong and when?
So how to know when Mind is Normal or not and what is Normality. As far as psychiatry is concerned,a normal Mental Health means the successful performance of mental functions, in terms of thought, mood, and behavior that results in productive activities, fulfilling relationships with others, and the ability to adapt to change and to cope with adversity. Any deviations from this can be put into abnormal mental or mind functioning, provided that it is at par with cultural and regional beliefs and traditions. An example of this can be, having a healthy child is God’s blessing to us, may be disregarded by science driven people as a genetic make up that defines child’s health.
Any deviations in emotions, thoughts, behavior, perception, consciousness about self and surrounding, memory, mood, concentration, reasoning, etc that affect functioning of a person in areas of job, work, relationship and others can be considered in categories known as psychiatric disorders. The following are few of the warning signs which a person should consider when thinks about Normal Mind functioning –
- Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
- Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
- The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
- Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
- Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
- Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
- Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
- Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
- Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
- Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.
So to summarize, Mind is a dynamic process with biological basis. It always easy to find fault and pin point abnormality. Over concern and Over analytical thinking enhances this abnormal seeking behavior. Better to be aware of warning signs, try to gain balance in life and help oneself and others to be in a state of Normal Mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.