Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Manashasthra HospitalYour feedback matters!
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others
Desires not getting fulfilled
Relationship related concerns
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Hi doctor, My name is Raj and my age was 26. I am suffering from heavy anxiety from last 3 years. I am taking medication from last 2 years like etizolam and mirtazapine. My left brain was very tight and very dim whenever a small anxiety persists. My eyes also getting blur and difficult in focusing. Presently in recent tests I am diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency. Doctor please let me know whether vitamin d is the culprit for getting series of panic attacks every day.
I am 44 year old lAdy. Mood slings r very common for me now a days. Sometimes I don't know /understand what is happening? Am I in depression? Most of the time I remain sada want to happy but something steps me. I do not know the reason. please help me out. Thank you!
Hello doctor according to your advice I have started taking chlorofranil 25 mg, cap prodep 40 mg, for the treatment of OCD in how many days I will be recovered by this medicines permanently you can also tell your reviews about these medicines and if you know better medicines you can also tell for OCD disease.
I lost somebody two years ago and I feel very depressed and bad. So what should I do. Please help me.
I feel very scared on facing people. I suffer from intense head pain in middle of head I can't speak properly. When I play I feel tired soon. I have problem on learning anything and when I write my hands shake a lot is it migraine or some psychological disorder.
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I have been addicted to social media testing and chatting with friends till now I had not faced any issue as every of my friends were on same boat. I have been recently engaged my fiancee doesn't like testing and chatting on phone he feels it waste of time he calls me once in a day. I feel like I can't express my feelings in a single phone call which goes maximum for an hour a day. I feel he is not giving enough time for me not like us am finding it difficult to adjust to this nature of it. Wat am I supposed to do kindly help me out with a solution am not even able to stay in peace not able eat and sleep too also have been hospitalized for the weakness.
Sir I am 40 year old, I as a businessman suffering from financial crisis, so stress, worries,tensions are part of it. I am addicted to alcohol, daily 180 ml. My problem is my hand fingers are shaking always, I am got irritated & ashamed of it. Is it becoz of alcohol or stress, please suggest treatments & suggestions.
Hi. I am a 29 year old male. Well settled in life. But I have this tendency of over thinking. Especially health issues which has resulted in me developing this Anxiety Disorder. It's a really feeling. You have everything but you still feel that emptiness. Have a very caring and understanding wife. A well paying job. But because of this disorder I am unable to live my life fully. I am currently taking Etirest 0.5 mg and Fludac 20 since past couple of weeks. The situation is getting better. But as soon as I stop the medicines the problem re-occurs. Can anyone guide me please. One more thing. I have been diagnosed a couple of weeks back with hypertension which the doc is attributing to this Anxiety Disorder.
A depressive disorder is not just a passing phase of the mind; it is a condition which involves your body, mind, and thoughts. It comes in the way of your daily life, thereby preventing you from carrying out your regular routine, even making it harder for you to concentrate or work properly. The exact causes are still not known, but as certain studies suggest, it might be hereditary, due to changes in the neuroendocrine functions, or due to other psychological and social factors.
Some of the depressive disorders are:
- Major depressive disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Other specified or unspecified depressive disorders
Others are classified by their causes:
- Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder
- Another medical condition induced depressive disorder
- Substance/Medication-induced depressive disorder
Depressive disorders can set in at any point in time, but primarily, symptoms are visible in your late teens, 20's or your 30's.
For major depression the symptoms are:
1.Feelings of depression throughout the day
2.Significantly diminished interest in all your activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.