Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. JayakumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam, I have consulted you already. Now I have meet from another doctor and again checkup then found the stone size is 5mm in left side kidney in deep. So please guide me, either operation is needed for this size of stone or this can be removed by medicine. Please give me a proper advise. Thanks, Sushil Kumar.
Dear Sir, For Kidney Weak, Means Creatine level 2.3, can they eat tomato. Because Potassium will increase.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
My dad - 71 years - he had ptca done in 1997 and was also diagnosed with diabetes. Till aug 2014 it was all working well with minimal drugs - diabetes under control through diet etc and cholesterol levels quite normal. However, last year in aug-14, he had high fever and got unconscious (10-15 minutes)/fallen down on the way to bathroom and fractured his leg. He does not remember what happened. Got admitted and was administered with antibiotics (novosafe). Meanwhile got catheter inserted as he was not able to pass urine and/or move because of fractured leg. Got released from hospital after 6-7 days but soon after two days again got high fever again and fell unconscious again. Gave bit of sugar and took to hospital - he felt much better by the time he reached to hospital and wsa hospitalized. Doctors suspected uti and diagnosed hypoglycemia. After that he had high fever 2 times and novosafe, piptaz courses for 6-7 days each time worked. Doctor suggested urine culture this jan 2015 and" susceptible to colistin" was found. We got 10 day course of colistin followed by 1 month course of niftas. He did not get high fever of 4-5 days after that. However got fever 5-6 times -- 100-101 degree - for a day or two with normal antibiotics gets over. Each time normal urine test showed few puss cells and couple of times off late not even those. Urine test was quite normal. We observed that high fever occurred after some physical exertion earlier 3-4 times but later 5-6 times after colistin course no such co-relation and got urine test done and puss cells were found very low/none. Usg and uriflowmetry was done in may-15 and not found any issues except that prostate slightly enlarged (which was noticed even in usg in aug 14) and for which doctor advised not to do any procedure except have tamdura (1 at bed time for 2 months) and take nurokind (1 every day for two months). Urologist does not think its recurrent uti case at least anymore. Diabetologist does not think its due to diabetes. Heart specialist also thinks nothing wrong there as lipid profile and color doppler showed normal. However, fever has been repeating every 15-20 days though puss cells are not found now. Every time he gets bit unconscious (5-10 minutes) - starts with some fever. Heavy eys. Getting unconscious. Expert suggested to consult now neuro-physician and cardiologist after usg and carotid doppler tests. Also, another expert doctor suggested it may be yers of diabetes causing the same. However, he suggested urine culture with sensitivity analysis including test for suspected fungiurea and atypical mycobacterial uti to rule out its uti. Not sure what to do (tried to keep it as brief and can give more details).
I am having pain in my left side kidney few couple of days after I did my check up and in that I found there is a little stone in centre of kidney. So kindly let know how I can get relief from stone.
I had fissure from last 2 years, but I had taken medicines, that time cured, now from last 3 days started, my age 31 years, I have pain during toilet due to fissure, what's solution for pain.
Hello, I want to ask one thing that I had suffered from UTI Infection for 6months ago but now I m fine after completing the meditation. Actually sometime when I go for urination then feeling pain at the time of releasing the pressure. Usually I drink 2ltr. Of water in a whole day. Requesting you to please give me an permanent solution about the same. Which medicine is better to resolve existing disease.
I am having pain in my foot/heals, also pain in knees while stepping staircases, swelling on foot. Also the frequency for urination has been increased . Pls Suggest why should I do.
I am 21 years old man, my problem is that when I urinate my urine does not come fast I waited around 3-5 minutes and then I able to urinate whats the problems sir.
I am a 46 years old women. I was getting stomach ache frequently. Showed to doctor. N they gave tablet saying gastritis. Later after someday stomachache become severe and again we scanned and I get to know there is kidney stones. It is 6.5 mm at right side. Can it be flushed out by medicine or it should be operated.
Some few I am suffering from urine problem I am going for urine 10 to 12 time in whole day and night what can I do.
I am loosing protein through urine because of diabetes and kidney disease. May I take shelcal 500 tablet?
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine