Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya KumarYour feedback matters!
My brother sickness was identified schizophrenia in iran and we have done so much treatment in India, Turkey, Turkmenistan, iran Pakistan so he is still is not good Please help them. He is sick more than 25 years will pay your fees if he get will.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
Meri English itni acchi nhi hai so ye problm me aapko hindi me type kr rha hu. Dr. please save my life. Me apni ab tak ki life se bhut frustrated ho gya hu kuch nazar nhi aa rha kya kru kidr jau ye mail me aapko bhut Asha ke sath kr rha hu. Ab me aapko apni story btata hu ki actual me meri ye position kaise hui. Meri age 26 year old. Me ek village se belong krta hu, Haryana. Me childhood se bhut touchy type rha hu mere hr bat dil me lg jati hai mera brother muje meri shkl meri hr activity ke liye muje chidata rhta tha dhire dhire wo mjak muj me frustration me convert ho gyi or me khud se nafrat krne lga apne hr kam me kamjor feel hone lga. Mene apna face 15-20 din tk mirror me nhi dekha or na hi ghr pe bta paya ki me kya feel kr rha hu. Me kisi b public place, function me Jane se drta tha. Iska asr study pe b pdna tha mere 12th me sirf 49% marks aaye or dhire dhire ye silsila bdhta rha. B. Com final year ke pass me puri trh se negativity se bhr gya tha. Mere b. Com me b 52% marks aaye. During graduation Jaise jaise jwan hota gya newspaper, books me sex disease ke bare me ulta sidha pdh ke dimag me illusion paida ho gyi. Me ghr pe kuch ni btata tha ye bate 2008-09 ke ass pas ki hai mene b. Com Complete krne ke bad CA me admission le liya or entrance test ki tyari krne lga. Ishi bich ek din mummy ko btana pda because meri mental health bigdti ja rhi thi halaki sex related illusion ke bare me mene tb b koi jikr nhi kiya bs ye bola ki me life se tng aa chuka hu or meri mental health shi nhi hai. Me or jada Dr. gya tha ki khi meri mental health bigd na jaye khi me logo ko pathar marna suru na kr du blah blah. Tb papa mere ko jaipur le ke gyi wha meri counseling hui mene wha sb btaya but tb tk meri dimag bhut grm ho chuka tha muje pta nhi unhone kya suggest kia. Idhr mera CA ka entrance test CPT hona tha sath me meri jaipur ki medicine chalne lgi thi. Shi btau to Meri CPT ki tyari proper nhi thi but ek friend ne exam me help kr di or meri CPT clear ho gyi. Ab to CA ki further study krna pakka tha. Ye bat 2009-10 ki hai. Tb se lekar me aaj tk CA ka 1st group b clear nhi kr paya but bich me mene 2 sal m. Com (private) kr li thi. Ab mere pas b. Com or m. Com degree hai but confidence tut chuka hai. Jaipur ki medicine b mene chod di hai kyonki muje lga adat na pd jae medicine ki. Muj me koi ability nhi hai na koi mera accha friend bnta hai na muj me kisi se bat krne ka hunar hai. Me jada bate nhi kr skta mere andr irsha jaldi aa jati hai or ghmand b. Aajkal ki dunia me jo bate marta hai or alg sa attitude rkhta hai dunia use hi hello krti hai baki to bhid ka hissa wali bat hai. Mera nature aisa hai ki muje moj marne se b Dr. lgta hai ye sb muje pta b hai ki life kr pal ek celebration hai ye b pta hai ki ki dusre log kya bolege iska b koi frk ni pdna chaiye sb kuch pta hote hue b b me apne jiwan ko disha ni de pa rha hu kisi b ladki se bat tk ni kr pata hu muje lgta hai muje koi pasand nhi krega. Bs yhi bate piche 3-4 sal se ghum rhi hai dimag vhi past me akta hua hai kuch nya nhi aa rha. Dil se smile khtm ho gyi hai face pe jhuti smile rkhti pdti hai. Kuch bachpan se shi guru nhi mila jo dimag ka or sampuran vikas krwa ske. Muje lgta hai siksha me bhut kmi rh gyi hai Me ab bhut jyada dab chuka hu dr.. Muje hr jgh Jane pe Dr. lgne lga hai ki sab mere bholepan ka mjak udaege. Abi b khud ko lekar bhut jayada inferiority hai. Sir muje himmat dijiye.
I lost somebody last year and I am felling very unhappy like my life is finish. What can I do now how can I make my self buzzy all the time.
I have been diagnosed with anxiety neurosis. It feels very uncomfortable at my left chest. Multiple ECG done. Nothing found. I am very negative. Thinks negative. M I developing any heart issues or its just in my mind? Pls advice.
She went through big losses in her life after that she become I'll, body pain, lack of sleep, anxiety and much more. please suggest what to do.
From morning to evening my sister talking talking talking not stopping. She is complaining about everyone at home all brothers, sisters (late) father and mother etc. Because she is alone and no issues, no husband and his pension she is getting for more that 28 years still she is not satisfied she has something - no one is helping her (but all her relatives are settled and having their own family - but she does not wanted to accept it) what to do?.
Even if you try to stay happy always, at times it is hard to keep depression at bay. Being depressed can not only make you feel hopeless, less energetic and helpless, but can also adversely affect your mental and physical health. Depression may also disrupt your daily work. So, it is absolutely essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
The following ways may help you to deal with your depression in an effective manner:
As depression affects your mood, the common tendency will be to alienate or isolate yourself. But, you must realize that locking yourself up in a room and refusing to communicate with others, can never help you to overcome your depressed situation. You will feel like spending time alone, but avoid doing that and instead connect with others. Make new friends or meet up old pals. You can also spend time with your family members or try and stay connected with others through social media.
While you are depressed, you will not feel like working at all, even the things you love doing will appear to be monotonous. You will be feeling lethargic. But stay away from laziness and set new goals for yourself. Start by setting small goals for yourself that you can easily achieve. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless.
The common tendency during depression is to skip meals and not getting enough sleep. Try to avoid this. Eat healthy food and try to get some sleep. Before going to bed, you may consider reading or listening to instrumental music to help you to fall asleep.
- Get yourself a new pet. You can engage yourself by playing with your pet or learning new ways to deal with them during your free time. This can also help you to distract yourself from the disturbing thoughts.
- You may also consider learning something new. You may learn a new instrument or a new language. This way you can keep yourself busy.
- Try to take new responsibilities or volunteer for some good cause. This will make you confident and also help you to feel good about yourself.
- Practice yoga or meditation. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused. Also, avoid negative thoughts even if they keep coming back to you.
- Avoid darkness for few days. Switch on the night lamp while going to bed at least for a few days. You may not feel good with the light always on and prefer darkness. But, avoid that as much as possible as this will help you to keep away your negative thoughts.
- Most importantly, never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. It will be time consuming but avoid getting frustrated. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
If nothing works for you and in spite of trying everything you are still unable to get over your depression, feel free to seek help. You must visit a psychiatrist and ask for professional help.