Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jalaja Ramesh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jalaja RameshYour feedback matters!
I have a high sugar problem from up to 3 years and now it goes to higher I want to control my sugar. Pleas help.
I am 16 year old and have 7.3 serum uric acid level, And from 6 months I am not able to write because I am not able to took control over my fingers, whenever I just start writing it start paining in my wrist and elbow and my writing get too slow even sometimes I can't write, So please sir suggest me some better idea and treatment for this issue,
I am 48 years old, and have allergic Rhinitis, for which I take septilin My sugar level is normal- it's 109. But, I feel fatigued and drowsy for a little while, and I end up taking a nap. I want to feel active and energetic, but don't know why I feel lethargic, moody and irritable at times. Please advise.
Diabetic nephropathy is a serious kidney-related complication of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. It is also called diabetic kidney disease. Up to 40 percent of people with diabetes eventually develop kidney disease.
Diabetic nephropathy affects the ability of your kidneys to do their usual work of removing waste products and extra fluid from your body. The best way to prevent or delay diabetic nephropathy is by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and treating your diabetes and high blood pressure.
Choose high-fiber and slow-release carbohydrates. Carbohydrates have a big impact on blood sugar levels. High-fiber and slow-release carbohydrates are digested more slowly, thus preventing your body from producing too much insulin. They also provide lasting energy and help you stay full longer. You can try brown rice, sweet potatoes, cauliflower mash, leaf greens, high-fiber breakfast cereal, etc.
- Eat a healthful type of protein at most meals, such as fish, lean meat, skinless chicken. They are high quality protein which produce less wastes and will not increase the burden on kidneys.
- Lessen the intake of sodium properly. Too much sodium will cause swelling and high blood pressure.
- Take vegetables and fruits with high vitamins. They can boost immune system and help you fight with various disease.
- Diet plays an important role in treating disease, but it can not take the place of medication.
Patients with diabetic nephropathy often experience proteinuria and swelling and some may also have combined with high blood pressure. As for the patients, proper dietary plan is very essential in protecting their kidneys and slowing down kidney condition aggravation.
Dietary plan in diabetic nephropathy mainly include the follows:
- Take low protein food, but they can take adequate fish, lean meat, egg white or chicken to replenish the lost protein. These foods contain high quality protein which produce little wastes.
- Avoid high-potassium foods, like low sodium salt, sauce without salt, pickles, processed cans, ginseng powder, chicken powder, strong tea etc.
- Avoid high uric-acid food, like animal giblets, seafood, dried fish, beans etc.
- ﹡Foods that contain high amount of energy but low protein should be chosen, like potato, sweet potato and pumpkin should be considered.
- Low lipid consumptions. Olive oil and peanut oil have abundant monounsaturated fatty acids, which are good for human beings.
- In end-stage kidney disease, as kidneys fail to excrete potassium, and sodium. Foods like spinach, tomato, kelp, banana and peach should be limited.
- If diabetic nephropathy patients have high blood pressure and swelling symptoms, they also need to limit salt intake. Foods rich in salt include pickles, salted eggs, salted vegetables, tomato sauce, barbecue, bacon and various seasons. Besides, fluids intake is also necessary to prevent the aggravation of swelling symptoms.
- Limit sugar intake, which need patients to keep far away from foods with high sugar like chocolate, orange juice, coconut, brown sugar and so on.
The above is the general principles that diabetic nephropathy patients need to follow. Due to different illness condition, exact dietary principles for diabetic nephropathy patients may vary from one to one.type diabetes