Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Jalaja RameshYour feedback matters!
If you have thyroid disease -- whether you are hypothyroid (underactive thyroid) or hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), whether you hashimoto's, graves' disease, or other conditions, what you eat can have an impact on your health. Here are ten things to know about thyroid conditions and your diet, food and beverages, and their interaction with your health and medications.
- Goitrogens are substances -- occurring naturally in certain foods -- that can cause your thyroid gland to enlarge. The main goitrogenic foods are cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and cabbage, among others, as well as soy foods. Goitrogenic foods can also function like an antithyroid drug and actually slow down the thyroid and make it underactive (hypothyroidism.)
- Coconut oil recommended for thyroid patients, and while it can be a healthful option, it's not a cure
- One should not take coffee until an hour after you've taken your thyroid hormone replacement medication. Otherwise, the coffee can affect absorption, and make your thyroid medication less effective.
- Iodized salt in some areas of the world, iodized salt is an essential way to prevent iodine deficiency, cretinism and retardation due to iodine deficiency in pregnant women.
- Many thyroid patients struggle with constipation, and extra weight. One of the key tactics that can help is increasing fiber intake, particularly from foods.
- One of the most powerful things thyroid patients can do to help their health and metabolism is to drink enough water. Water helps your metabolism function more efficiently, and can help reduce your appetite, get rid of water retention and bloating, improve your digestion and elimination, and combat constipation.
Respected sir I am sugar patient. My fasting blod sugar is 218. Please mention the treatment on homeopath.
I am suffering from sugar so should I have to do and what type of medicine should I take please help me.
I am suffering from kidney infection. I always have problems while doing toilet. I am also suffering from high blood sugar. Please advise what should I do.
I am 57 my sugar level fasting is 160-165 presently i am taking Glyciphase 500 mg only after lunch i take light food in the night pl suggest ayurvedic/alopathic suitable medicine.
How to reduce the level of thyroid I am 30 yes and suffering from hypo thyroid from last 6 years and I am taking thyronorm 150mcg?
What is diabetes, how we come to know about it and what precautions should we have to take to control diabetes.
Hi my age is 23. I am taking fertility treatment from last 4 months. My hsg FSH and lh another tests all are good. I don't have thyroid, But have vitamin d deficiency. Why I didn't get pregnancy. Can you please tell me the tips to get pregnancy early. Thank you.
Sir, my post prandial sugar level is high (200 approx) even after intake of medicine. please advise whether to increase the doses.
My father is suffering from frequent urination and he is diabetic patient insulin based. Please suggest me medicine to stop urination which is frequent.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.