Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jaishree GajarajYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had taken premault N for 5 days in the month of June as I had some occasion and I got my periods on 14th June. I am married and this month I have still not got my periods. I am scared that I may be pregnant. In how many days I am suppose to take up pregnancy test for accurate results.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a condition in which a woman experiences fluctuation of hormone levels, estrogen, and progesterone which causes cysts in her ovaries, dysfunctional menstrual cycle, cardiac problem, fertility and changes in appearance. Hormones are chemical messengers that can trigger a number of issues in the body. Long term problems due to PCOS can be avoided with an early diagnosis and a proper treatment.
- Genetics and hormonal imbalance have been identified as the main causes of PCOS although the exact reason has not been discovered.
- Overproduction of androgen, a male hormone in a woman can cause small lumps in the ovaries, irregular development of eggs and abnormal insulin level.
The severity of the symptoms depends on the constitution of the person but the most common one is irregular periods. PCOS occurs when there is a decrease in sex hormones which can lead to the development of certain male features like:
- Deeper voice
- Growth of hair on face, toes, stomach, chest and back
- Reduction in breast size
- Loss and thinning of hair
There are other symptoms as well which can help one to determine the syndrome including:
- Oily skin leading to acne
- Irregular egg formation causing fertility problems and miscarriages
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Hyperinsulinemia, that refers to the presence of too much insulin in the body which can cause obesity
- Difficulty in breathing while sleeping
The severity of the symptoms varies but if you are experiencing any of these problems, it is advisable to seek a professional consultation. A healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, nutritious diets are some of the preventive measures you can take. There are hormone regulating medicines and treatments that attempt to curb the condition but there is no permanent cure.
I am suffering frm multiloculated ovarian cyst in right ovary. It measures 58×40mm. I am diabetic. How can it be cured without surgery and laparoscopy.
Respected Doctor, My age is 33 yrs, and i have undergone Laproscopy in may 2014.After trying hard for 6 months i was not able to conceive n so my gynac had adviced me for ICSI. I had ungergone the treament in jan 2015, n my result was negative,my gynac have advised me to again undergo ICSI in the month of july.(in january my embroys was not grown at all i.E 3 embroys were inserted .)can u pls guide me as for the next procedure.
My scan report told that diameter of renal pelvis 7-8 mm in 5th month of pregnancy? What is the meaning of that? Any problem? Will it solve in 7th month pregnancy.
I am having problem in my ovaries PCOD. I want to ensure that whether it will affect me or my body while doing sex. Or after sex. And if once I go for a safe sex, then in future if I hv to go through an ultrasound . Will the reports will tell that I had sex earlier ? Please give valuable information. .
I am 30 weeks pregnant nd my baby weight is 1 Kg 800 gm. I want to know that it is sufficient or not?
I am 5 mnth pregnant I am still having pain at left side of my abdomen Dr. use to give me progesterone orally bt no effect wht it may be the cause.
I am asthmatic and usually I face breathing issues for which I take asthalin rotocap inhaler. I am on family way and currently in 4th month of pregnancy and now a days I have started taking inhaler thrice a day. So does this happens that during pregnancy this problem increases. Would there be any impact on our baby?
On first day of mensuration, should we take pain killer if there will be severe stomach pain? please help.
I am seven months pregnant. I went for routine checkup as I was feeling generalised weakness my haemoglobin level is 9.5. Doctor gave me maxirich tablets for 5 days and since then I am feeling better. Should I continue those tablets or stop them for further. As well how can I increase my haemoglobin? My weight is also 49.5, is that normal?
Can anyone one tell me that without prescription from doctor then also urine test will be made for pregnancy test in lab? Or should we have to consult doctor bcz my girlfriend is just 20 years I don't want trouble to her? And is it illegal to do so.
Maine abhi 5 din pahle hi check kiya hai ki mai pregnant hu. Toh please mjhe ye btaye ki pregancy me sex kr skte h ya nahi. Please fast.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.