Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jacinth CorneliusYour feedback matters!
My throat is choked, paining and I can't speak properly. No coughing. Should I take antibiotic like augumentin or just gargle and wait for things to settle?
I am 20 years old boy pursuing engineering and have been in some sorta problems with my ears from the last few days and its really hurting alot. I have taken an ear drop for it but wanted to know whether I should go on with some medicine or not in particular for it as after taking the ear drops iv got some relief but I discovered it today itself that iv got a swelling at first stage growing just at the entrance of my ear lobs, so it would be highly grateful of you if you'd suggest me the exact precise opinion asap.
I am suffering from phlegm in my throat its been 2 years I have tried various medicines and doing some precaution its just same.
I got severe throat pain repeatedly for every two months I do smoking only one for a day is that the reason for my throat pain please tell me.
I'm 19 years 9ld .I have ears problem I feel something in th ears like pulses water and a very little pain.
Sir good mrng. I am suffered in unusual noise are coming from my ear and distrubing me. During silence I had fell that. What is the reason behind it please tell me.
I am 49 years old male (weight around 61 kgs.) staying in the city of chennai, south india. I am a pure vegetarian. I am a glaucoma patient since 1983, when first diagnosed. I lost vision in my right eye by the time of diagnosis. Since 1983 I am using timolol maleate 0.5% eye drops twice daily for both my eyes and from the year 2001 my doctor suggested me in addition to timolol maleate to instill latanoprost for my left (has almost normal vision) eye at bed time to prevent any further damage. Now regular monitoring shows iop as very normal. Now my problem is not relating to eyes, but the timolol maleate I am using for past 32 years. As far as I could get information from the internet timolol maleate is beta-blocker and for the past 3 years my ldl & vldl levels are on the rise and hdl on the lower side for unknown reason though there is no major change in total cholesterol. I am not a diabetic (regularly monitored) nor hypertensive. Family doctor suggests to take drugs for the abnormal lipid profile. The other symptoms I am facing for the past 2 months are (1) total fatigue, (2) frequent cold with nasal discharge, (3) drowsiness, (4) shallow breath, (5) ringing sound in ears etc. I just wanted to know whether these symptoms are due to prolonged use of beta-blocker (timolol maleate eye drops), so that I can place before my ophthalmologist your observation and prevent any other future complications.Please tell.
Sir I am having allergic rhinitis for 4 years. I have taken lots of antihistamines but as I stop taking it attacks again. Kindly help me.
I am 29 Male and need to know the medicine for tonsillitis. I have really painful throat since yesterday.
When I playing a kabaddi game someone hit me on right ear. I heard buzzing sound for an half hour and then my right ear gets blocked but no pain, no blood. Now I checked that little bit air coming out from the ear. Still I feel ear blockage and I can't catch some words.
I have tonsil pain its come every 2 or 3 months when weather changed my tonsil pain start What should I do?
I have tonsils from 6 years onwards nd now I am using homeopathy from 6 months there is some effect but now I am thinking to get operated what should I do.
When I swallow my saliva in my throat is paining a lot it is from 3 days can you tell me the reason? And tablet for this?
I have throat pain due to acid reflux. I had consumed KFC chicken at night this Wednesday and since Thursday I am having throat pain. Please help.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery