Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. J.VijayamYour feedback matters!
I have a gall bladder stone, thyroid and pcod. And right now I am taking ayurvedic medicines for gall bladder stone and thyrop for thyroid. No medicines for pcod. Can you suggest me which type of food I should take and a list of food that I need to avoid.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease needs to be controlled in the initial stage only so that severe symptoms can be prevented. There are a few easy treatments that need to be followed for getting instant relief and quickest recovery.
What are the commonest signs of Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Fatigue and fever: Low-grade fever can be experienced, which might invite fatigue, tiredness and weakness. Your energy levels will become too low, and thus you will lose your concentration to work.
- Diarrhea: This is regarded as the commonest signs of all, and it can be quite severe in a few cases.
- Stool with blood: If you find blood with stool, then it is a serious case, and this sign confirms clearly that you have got IBD.
- Cramping and abdominal pain: Ulceration and inflammation within digestive tract might invite both cramping and abdominal pain. Vomiting and nausea are the other two symptoms that are associated with the same.
- Weight loss: Your digestive system can get disturbed as a result of which you might lose weight on a frequent note. On the other hand, your appetite will get disturbed, and you will suffer from malnutrition.
What are the best ways to treat Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Lifestyle change: Proper diet should be maintained, and you should include foods with low fats, high fiber and others. Non-spicy and non-dairy foods are quite suitable in this case. Smoking, alcohol drinking and other bad habits should be curtailed from the diet. Eat healthy and drink water in abundance.
- Surgery: Only for dealing severe conditions, especially ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease, surgery is chosen as the best option but this decision is normally taken by the doctor.
- Medications: Specialized medications are being used like anti-diarrhoeal medications, pain relievers, and iron supplements, Vitamin-d and calcium supplements, vitamin-12 supplements and many more.
- Home remedies: There are few commonest homemade therapies that can treat IBD, and they are meditations, probiotics, acupuncture, turmeric, aloe Vera, fish oil and others. These remedies are the safest of all, and thus no side-effects will be faced.
- Doctor's assistance: Without doctor's help, you will not be able to get the quickest recovery from IBD. Therefore, you got to visit the clinic regularly in order to get the perfect treatment. There are a few therapists who can help you to get rid of unwanted emotional difficulties. A support group can also be joined for receiving moral support.
I am a working man and I am suffering from a very common problem of gas. What should I do, I have consulted many doctor but I am unsatisfied.
By this pain bloating reduces.
My spouse is having colitis and what is the best treatment to over come it and kindly advise a healthy diet for her please
I am having urge to defecate virtually after every meal+there is itching inside the anus and also outside. Please suggest the possible reasons and medicine So. Thanks.
What should be the diet for a glowing and healthy skin and what should be the diet for no acidity. Please help me.
I am 23 years old male I have gastric problem from a long ago I used many many medicine but no result what I have to do?
I have been experiencing throat and sternal pain for the last five years. I can sense the pain clearly only when I move these parts i. E when I twist my chest region or bend my throat. At times I also experience bouts of coughing episodes. And from last two months I have slight wheezing like symptom-I am not sure what it is-once when I had the symptom I went to a nearby health centre and the doctor there said it was the beginning of asthma. The throat and chest pain has been constant for all these years. Doctors have said after endoscopy that I have GERD and LPRD. I have taken RABIUM tablets for four months, followed by" RABEMAC LS" for two weeks. I dont find much relief. Can GERD symptom persist even after taking medicines for this long time?
I have done endoscopy for stomach pain and acid reflux, antrum gas. Result is gastritis, esophagitis. doctor prescribed me pantakind and sucrafil syrup. So please suggest me is it enough for remedy.
I am a 17 years old female. Every time I drink coffee, I get acidity. Just yesterday day I had a Large Cappuccino, and today I'm acidic since morning, my stomach is aching. Is it anything serious?
Chronic pancreatitis in ayurveda.
Pancreas also known as aganashaya/grahani is celebrated as the special seat of agni (fire) in the body.
Ayurvedic treatment chronic pancreatitis.
Pancreatitis in the initial phase is vata-pita (air & fire elements) aggravation in rasa dhatu (digestive fluids) situated in agnashaya (pancreas). In the chronic state there is dhatu kshaya (degenerative changes) in agnashaya.
Pancreatitis is one of the most painful conditions. In western thought it refers to a state of inflammation of the pancreas. The changes taking place in chronic pancreatitis are known to be irreversible. Enzymes become activated while still in pancreas, irritating the pancreatic cells causing inflammation and associated signs and symptoms.
Many causes of pancreatitis are known like alcoholism, gall stones, abdominal surgery, medications, smoking, high triglycerides, hypercalcemia, family history of pancreatitis, hyper parathyroidism and cystic fibrosis. Another common cause is idiopathic or simply unknown.
We have treated a wide range of cases of chronic pancreatitis including:
•autoimmune condition in kids
Where pancreatitis has progressed to a chronic stage it is better managed with our medicines and dietary guidelines. The medicines vary from person to person depending on the age, body constitution and disease status. All these aspects are assessed by our doctors before deciding the line of treatment. The aim of the treatment is to balance air and fire elements. We don’t admit the patients as panchakarma procedures are not required in these cases.
#amla-the wonder herb in pancreatitis
In acute cases our medicines could not give the desired results and such cases are better handled with allopathic medicine as the aim of the treatment is to tide over the crisis and give supportive treatment.
•duration of treatment varies from 2-6 months. The patient will first start experiencing a better digestion but the pain might still come. Slowly, over the next few weeks the intensity and frequency of pains will decrease. There is a chance of relapse of symptoms during the treatment if patient does not comply with dietary instructions.
#diet and #lifestyle
•use satvik diet consisting of vegetables, cereals, fruits and non refined items. More stress should be on cooked rather than uncooked.
•diluted buttermilk (#lassi) and indian gooseberry (amla) are the choicest of foods for chronic pancreatitis in ayurveda. Lassi can be made by mixing 10 ml of curd in 50 ml of water. Cumin powder and salt can be added to taste. Taking curd alone is not good.
The following are to be #avoided -
•foods having pungent and sour taste are to be avoided in general.
•fish, meat, cheese, curd, raw onion, garlic, lemon, hot spicy food
•refined wheat flour, refined sugar, deep fried food, fast food
•refrigerated foods like ice cream
•alcohol and smoking. Ayurvedic drink pancreatitis
•vajrasana (thunderbolt pose) after food
•avoid daytime sleeping.
•dinner should be very light preferably soups.