Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. J.V.S.PrakashYour feedback matters!
Doing sex with my partner either oral or vaginal or going back. Is it safe doing Intercourse at back (rectal) area?
My father 68 age now he had weekly 2 time dialyses. Now the creatinine and urine level is medium. How to minimize and stop the dialyses?
Urinary incontinence or the involuntary urination is a common and distressing problem, which may have a large impact on quality of life. The most common types of urinary incontinence in women are stress urinary incontinence and urge urinary incontinence. Women with both problems have mixed urinary incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is caused by loss of support of the urethra which is usually a consequence of damage to pelvic support structures as a result of childbirth. It is characterized by leaking of small amounts of urine with activities which increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing and lifting.
Additionally, frequent exercise in high-impact activities can cause athletic incontinence to develop. Urge urinary incontinence is caused by uninhibited contractions of the detrusor muscle. It is characterized by leaking of large amounts of urine in association with insufficient warning to get to the bathroom in time.
How to diagnose urinary incontinence?
- Stress test: The patient relaxes, then coughs vigorously as the doctor watches for loss of urine.
- Urinalysis: Urine is tested for evidence of infection, urinary stones, or other contributing causes.
- Blood tests: Blood is taken, sent to a laboratory, and examined for substances related to causes of incontinence.
- Ultrasound: Sound waves are used to visualize the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- Cystoscopy: A thin tube with a tiny camera is inserted in the urethra and used to see the inside of the urethra and bladder.
- Urodynamic: Various techniques measure pressure in the bladder and the flow of urine.
Ayurvedic Management of Urinary Incontinence:
Ayurveda is a very effective natural treatment for Involuntary Urination. Medicines help to treat the root cause of disease. Ayurveda remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by thousands of patients all over the world bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural remedies do not have any side effects at all.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
My father (86) is undergoing treatment for kidney infection. On 21/6 /17 the blood profile was: Hb-12.0, RBC- 4.05, WBC-7900, Platelets-80000, ESR-95, Albumin-2.9, S creatinine-1.4. After 5 days of medication including infusion of 5 units of Albumin, the blood profile is like this Hb-11.4, RBC-3.50, Platelets-320000, WBC-12200, ESR-15, Albumin-2.8.I want to know how the condition is going on and why the level of albumin is not improving?
I am 38 years old I am suffering by IgA nephropathy (Minimal Change disease) for last five years. I was advised to take defza 40 mg alternate days tablet previously by the nephrology doctor at trivendram. Now I am unable to consult him and find another one at nagercoil and taken tests found that my albumin level in urine is 24 hrs urinal protein is 1500 mg/l. Now I am advised to take less tablet and vitamin protein tablet. Which shall I follow other tahn albumin imy kidney function are normal.(creatine and all are normal)
Are you suffering from kidney stones and looking for an effective, natural treatment? You should choose homeopathy, as it works well in treating kidney stones. A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline, mineral development in your kidneys or urinary tract. The condition is called nephrolithisis. Kidney stones occur due to a reduction in your urine volume, and because of the presence of excess stone-forming substance in your urine. Homeopathic treatment of kidney stones does not involve any side effects, and various homeopathic medicines are used as a part of the treatment. Some of them are as follows:
- Benzoic acid
- Benzoic acid is prescribed in case of nephritic colic.
- Offensive urinary symptoms are experienced. The urine is usually deep red with strong and foul odor.
- The urine may alternatively be thick, and clear.
- Argentinum nit
- This homeopathic medicine is used for treating kidney stones, which develop because of kidney congestion.
- Dull backache and ache in the bladder are experienced, along with dark urine, containing deposits of uric acid and blood.
- A patient experiences an increased urge for urination, but a very small amount of urine is passed at once.
- A burning sensation while passing urine is indicated along with swelling of the urethra.
- This homeopathic medicine is used during the paroxysms of renal colic. Extreme pain and excitement are indicated.
- The pain may be cutting in nature, and it shoots in various directions, affecting your limbs and different parts of the body.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, and an aversion to fluids is developed by a patient in spite of feeling thirsty.
- This is another effective homeopathic remedy used for treating kidney stones, when the patient experiences a shooting pain radiating from a certain point and he or she becomes unable to move because of the pain.
- Also there is a darting pain experienced in the ureter, extending down to your legs.
- There is an indication of the development of little pinheads in the pelvis that starts growing down your bladder.
You must consult a licensed homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for the treatment of kidney stones. A doctor will suggest you the best homeopathic medicines based on the symptoms you experience and the severity of the condition.