Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Arun Kumar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. J.Arun KumarYour feedback matters!
My father is a diabetic patient and off late he is complaining of vision problem mostly of not being able to measure distance properly while walking and stumbling frequently even wearing specs. Recent power check up from optician did not find much difference in his power with the specs which is he wearing at present. What should I do now?
I have problem of my eyes and I'm not able to see properly which things are far a away from me pls solve this problem.
Sir, my father has glaucoma. He is 95 yrs. Is there any glasses that can make him see at least a bit.
Everyday after I woke up my head started spinning. My eyes are not able to see anything clearly. But after sometime everything is fine. After taking lunch or dinner also my ear starts paining. I am not able to read small letters also.
Sir I can not see properly because in my eye there is a yellow coloured area is appearing in iris. This colour is appearing since 3 yrs. My age is 18. Sir please suggest any treatment is there for this problem. Why this coloured portion is appearing and what is this portion called?
I have itching in eyes and after a little rubbing a lot of tears keep flowing for 15-20 minutes. What medicine can help in this.
I have been done an eye surgery called (retina detachment surgery) two months back and finally I can see with my eye but I can see the objects with wavy style. Why should it be?
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.