Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. J.Arun KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 34 year old male from India. I'm married and have a 4 year old daughter. I have been under treatment for depression, social phobia, and anxiety disorder for about 6 years. I always feel tired and sleepy while my colleagues are always active. I am taking Prothiaden 75 mg once in a day for two weeks now, as my doctor suggested me. Can you tell me why I always feel tired and sleepy? Is this due to the depression? What can I do to feel energetic every day. Also i'm very less talkative. Is this any kind of mental problem? My father is also less talkative. When he talks he does not talk clearly. Only murmurs. I think he too suffers from depression as he always like to sleep and do not want to do anything. He has partial blindness also.
Lubricating eyes with our saliva improve eye sight or its a myth tell me some more such things to improve my vision.
Sir /Madam, Im sanjeev 28 years old male. From the past four days onwards I observed little reddish on my eye (white part of the eye. What are the possible reasons for this and guide how to cure this.
I am 63, male, own firm. Have diabetes for over 15 years and COPD as well. Eye under regular chek up for glaucoma, retina assessment. Diseases appears to be under CONTROL. But medicines intake are large. For diabetes- diamicron xr 60 @ breakfast, Volibo. 3@lunch and Tenglyn 20mg@dinner. Last HgAc reading-6.5 (nov 1) For COPD -Tiova rotacap 1, Budate 400 trnscap 1, Onbeze inhaler! daily and AB phylline cap with Dilzem30For Glaucoma prevention- Alphagan Z Eye drop 2 times daily. Taking all these medicines regularly for last 3 yearsAny change required after prolong use. Any better alternatives?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath