Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.AmalorpavanathanYour feedback matters!
Actually I have oily skin and rashes also now a days. For that my skin looks black and patchy. My complexion is not so far. So what should I do?
Hii doctors I have one critical problem When I am going to latrine that time bleeding come continually please sir tell me how can I stop this problem please sir.
Hi, I have gone through a spleen surgery (splenectomy) a month ago, and my doctor suggested me to stop vaccines and concentrate only on protein food, Is it ok. How much time it takes for me to do all things that I have did before surgery, like biking, lifting weights. Please inform.
Fibroid issue is treatable? Won't it cause any other problems? Can you suggest some of the home remedies for the same.
Sir I have so many tiny tiny blackheads on my face and nose what should do. I don't want any black heads on my face.
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.
Hello Dr. I'm Nasrulla form hubli Karnatak so please help me between two legs have a lots of rashes so please help me how to remove that rashes.
Sir my skin is very dry and dark I need a soft and glowing good skin tone I want to rejunevate my skin please suggest me home and outside remedies if needed tablets.
I'm 23 old male. Sir from 6 months I have noticed black dots on my cheeks and Nose. Please suggest some medicine or ointment.
I am abhay. 19 years old old. I have oily skin and pimples and it pain when touched and some pimple have gone but put their dark spot on my face and my complexion also become dark. Please help.
I have some black spots on my face and its getting more and more. My face is not that clear like it used to be.
I have my skin color going dark under yhr eys. Whats should I do solve this skin issue and have beautiful skin.
Chemical peeling is a skin treatment which involves the peeling of the old skin and its replacement by a new layer of skin. It is generally done on the face, neck or arms and the process involves the application of a chemical solution over the skin in order to improve the overall appearance. The chemical peeling process is generally used to treat common skin disorders like - acne, wrinkles, scars, and such others.
The chemical peeling process is mostly used to treat skin ailments in general. Some of the most common uses of a chemical peeling are as follows:
- Reducing fine lines on the face
- Curing and preventing certain types of acne
- Removing light to mild scars
- Treating wrinkles on the face
- Healing damages caused due to sun burns
- Reducing age spots, dark patches and freckles on the face
- Improving the softness and overall quality of skin
What should you keep in mind before opting for a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a huge step towards the treatment of your skin, thus, you should always consult a dermatologist before actually opting for a chemical peeling process. It is a highly recommended measure because chemical peeling in some cases might not suit your skin. So, a complete skin diagnosis by a doctor helps to minimize the possible side effects related to the chemical peeling process. In general, this process is preferred in cases of people having a fair toned skin accompanied by a light hair growth. Before you get a chemical peel done, your doctor might just examine your medical history in order to stop certain medications that you are taking currently. Additionally, the doctor might also prescribe you certain medications, such as Retin-A, Renova, or glycolic acid to boost up the peeling process. The doctor may also prescribe antibiotics or antiviral drugs to ensure that the process is not having any side effects.
How is it actually done?
Chemical peels are usually done after a proper cleansing of the skin and then choosing the appropriate type of peel to suit your skin type. After cleansing of the skin the doctor usually applies a chemical solution such as glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol) - to small areas of your skin. The peeling process usually lasts for a few minutes and the chemical helps in making controlled wounds on the skin in order to damage the old skin and allow the new skin to grow.
Related Tip: 5 Foods for Great-looking Skin?
Skin diseases occur due to a number of reasons and cause a bit of a nuisance if overlooked and ignored. While some of them is the product of hormonal imbalance, others rear their ugly head as a result of unhealthy modern lifestyle patterns. The body’s largest organ, skin is the most sensitive part of the body and is extremely susceptible to germs and infections. In youngsters, the incidence of skin diseases can be observed a lot more than in adults. This is primarily owing to their work, lifestyle and bodily changes. The most common diseases are eczema, acne, psoriasis, pruritus, and rosacea. They tend to be a lot more troublesome if not treated in the first instance itself.
Since skin affections and problems are predominantly local manifestations of any type of constitutional affection, they are in the most natural cases, the result of the body’s mechanism to get rid of a problem in the system. Homeopathic remedies therefore aim at abetting in this otherwise natural phenomenon, and with it, chalk out the dangers of suppression due to external applications. The most common homeopathic treatments are:
- Graphites serve as the magical solution to a number of skin problems. It essentially battles scruffy eruptions that manifest on the scalp, bends of joint, face, and in between your fingers.
- Thuja is another important remedy for age spots, acne, and warts. It prevents the incidence of soreness, burning, and itching on the skin. Its antibacterial characteristics effectively cure acne and blackheads.
- Rhus Tox is the most commonly prescribed remedy for Eczema. It particular, the effects of Rhus Tox are targeted towards the symptoms of swelling and itching.
- Arsenicum provides absolute relief against psoriasis and dry eczema, curbing rough and dry skin in children. In fact, it also drastically reduces swelling, skin eruptions, burning, itching, and scaly skin.
- Hepar Sulphur is often regarded as the best treatment in homeopathy. Signs of soreness, burning, and irritation are instantly relieved with the usage of Hepar Sulphur. Most symptoms of psoriasis and eczema can be effectively treated with it.
The basic idea at combating skin problems is to detect the signs at an early stage itself and provide adequate clinical attention to them. A homeopathy doctor must be consulted in the first place to ascertain the cause of the disease and circle on the most effectual treatments especially designed for it.