Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Isaac Newton Rajkumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Isaac Newton RajkumarYour feedback matters!
I am a student and suffering from lumbar disc herniation since last two years or more treatments are being done but there have been no proper result but severe development in sciatic pain, numbness and feeling some effect on other leg also. And please suggest me some solution for this herniation.
I have pain in lateral side of leg since last few days. I was said that it was ilio tibial band syndrome. What should I do to take care?
I am 26 years old and I have pain in my last finger since 1 month. I used many pain lotion and pain killer pill's. Please tell what to do.
I have knee pain from last 1.5 yr. I feel it when I use stairs and during running. I am 21 year old male. I have visited some doctors but there is no relief. I have read some online blog. I think there is damaged cartilage. Whay should I do?
I do regular gym but for last 2 days my both hips are paining very much I can't able to stand properly or sit properly please any advice is very helpful for me.
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice. A research group from Boston University School of Medicine tested yoga's effects on lower-back pain. Over twelve weeks, one group of volunteers practiced yoga while the control group continued with standard treatment for back pain. The reported pain for yoga participants decreased by one-third while the standard treatment group had only a five percent drop. Yoga participants also had a drop of 80% in the use of pain medication.
The knee is one of the biggest and most complex joints in the body. The knee is joined by the thigh bone (femur) to the shinbone (tibia). The little bones that keep running nearby the tibia (fibula) and the kneecap (patella) are alternate bones that make the knee joint. Ligaments associated with the knee-related leg muscles move the knee joint. Tendons join the knee bones and provide help to the knee:
- The foremost tendon keeps the femur from sliding in reverse on the tibia (or the tibia sliding forward on the femur).
- The back tendon keeps the femur from sliding forward on the tibia (or the tibia from sliding in reverse on the femur).
- The average and horizontal tendons keep the femur from sliding side to side.
Some of the most common knee joint conditions are as follows:
- Chondromalacia patella: Irritation of the ligament underneath the kneecap (patella), bringing about knee pain. This is a typical reason for knee pain in youngsters.
- Knee osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most widely recognized type of joint inflammation and regularly influences the knees. It is caused by maturing and wear and tear of the ligament. Its indications may include knee pain, swelling and stiffness.
- Meniscal tear: Damage to a meniscus, the ligament that supports the knee, regularly happens when the knee is twisted.
- ACL strain or tear: The ACL is in charge of a substantial part of the knee's flexibility. An ACL tear regularly leads to the knee popping out and may require surgical repair.
- PCL strain or tear: PCL tears can bring about pain, swelling, and knee unsteadiness. These wounds are less normal than ACL tears, and exercise based recovery is generally the best alternative.
- Patellar subluxation: The kneecap slides or separates along the thigh bone during movement, causing pain around the knee cap.
- Patellar tendonitis: Inflammation of the ligament related the kneecap (patella) to the shinbone. This happens mostly in competitors from rehashed bouncing.
Some of the most common and effective knee treatments are as follows:
- RICE treatment: Rest, ice, compression and elevation stand for RICE. The RICE treatment is a great solution for some knee conditions.
- Pain medications: Over-the-counter medicines or pain relievers, for example, acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve) can treat most knee joint pains.
- Non-intrusive treatment: An exercise routine can strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee, expanding the knee's strength.
- Cortisone infusion: Injecting steroid into the knee that can diminish pain and swelling.
- Hyaluronan infusion: Injection of a “gooey” material into the knee that may diminish pain from the joint and delay the requirement for a knee surgery.
- Knee surgery: Surgery might be done to amend a number of knee conditions. Surgery can supplant or repair a torn tendon, expel a harmed meniscus, or replace a seriously harmed knee.
- Arthroscopic surgery: An endoscope is embedded into the knee joint. Arthroscopic surgery has a shorter recovery and restoration period than open surgery.