Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Harshita BakshiYour feedback matters!
My eye sight is not good. Since 1977 I am wearing glasses for astigmatism. Power of my lenses vary very frequently. It changes about in a six month to ayear of my eye test. Recently I have been recommended a lens in lat June and I do not feel comfortable. Some time the same lens seem very suitable but not always. I am adiabatic since last ten years. Continue on insulin and some other madicines. Please suggest me to have better sight. Why my power changes so frequently. Very often my eyes feel problem as felt in smoke. Some times rough as felt when drenched in rain??
I got a no. -1.75. I want to get rid of specs. I've heard of laser treatment. Does it really work? How much is the cost of treatment?
I have red eyes for 3 years. What should I do and I have hair fall also please give the solution for my problems as soon as possible.
I have to work in dust due to wood industry. Which medicine is helpful for regularly cleaning my eye without any side effects.
Hi doctor, I have weak eyes. Its all started when I was 15 years old. I think its heredity because my father also have specs from childhood. I don't like wearing specs so I shift to contact lenses but I can use that also for 8 hrs only after that I have to use specs. I want to become ips officer so I need to have sharp eyes. My eye number is -2.25.i am very young still I have to face problem. I have 4 years only after that I have to give exam for ips officer in this 4 years I have to cure my eyes. I don't want to go for eye operation its expensive for me and after 40 everyone says nearsightedness comes I don't want that. So can you tell me any natural and fast way to cure my eyes only 4 years I have? Thank u.waiting for your reply.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.