Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case and is this normal for new born or I need to be worried about it.
Getting some permanent kind of pimples on face and neck, but now it has appeared on upper layer of my eye, due to which it is creating problems. Please advise what to do.
I have headache. I have red eyes. I have pains in hands and legs. I have acidity problem. Please give suggestion.
My question isWhen I drink alcohol, my skin and eyes turn red and starts itching, can you please suggest any medicine.
I am 21 year old and I feel irritation in eyes at night I work all day on my laptop and phone so what can I do for that to not feel irritation or redness in eyes?
My eyesight is very weak and my no. Is -4.50, kindly suggest me what can I do to increase my eyesight.
I am suffering with severe headache from left back side, and up side of both eye brows since 3 to 4 years, I consult Neuro physician and Eye specialist as well and all of my scanning reports also perfect but still I am suffering with stomach pain daily, could you please suggest me what should I do.
I am a student of 18 years. I am having myopia and I wear my required spectacles but my eyesight drops in every two to three months. Please suggest any way to control them.
I am recently suffering from colour blindness, I did not have this problem before, anyone please kindly suggest me what to do.
My eyes are paining, when I am using my laptop and mobile for late night. I will use my laptop 3 to 4 hours daily?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.