Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HarishYour feedback matters!
What to do, eat or practice habits while we have cold and cough. Please explain in details including details of medicine to stop running nose etc. Thanks.
Their is soo much pain in my teeth and gums, basically pain is in thw root of teeeth in gum area after I scrath there by a key, the pain is unbearable, please suggest me somd mild pain killer.
As she is getting cough and sneezing. ON/OFF from past 8 months As per doctor advise we took x- Ray for sinus and chest. These are the reports below X-Ray of sinus- bilateral maxillary sinus on both sides X-Ray of chest - hyperinflation bronchi pulmonary markings Please advice is it serious.
My issue is that these days I sometimes feel mild difficulty in breathing . My x-ray was normal I have no cough no chest pain .but sometimes I have to do extra effort to exhale . I do not have asthma issues too till now . Help me could it be phscoligical issue or what?
I am already 5 months pregnant and was going through cough for almost months. But due to frequent cough especially during night there is pain in my chest and abdominal. So it's my humble request to you to provide me some home remedies.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!