Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HarishYour feedback matters!
My 14 yrs old son having some sinex problem on right side nasal since 2012, I have consult so many doctors and treatment. I observe that if he stop the medicine on the next day water going down from his right side nasal. Due to this continue headache. I had going with" homeopathy" treatment for around one year, after that he feel better almost control this problem after jan 2012. Now present he have same problem i. E. Watering from right nasal, headache and when he went on bed both the nasal close. Please help me and suggest.
I have dry cough previous 3-4 days and I have allergies from drugs please suggest me some primary drugs. For instant relief and get rid of it. Thanks.
For e.g.i am suffering from dry cough for the lost 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
The patient complains feeling like vomiting and loose motions. The patient is alcoholic and is a smoker also. His weight has also reduced as he was not having much food from 1,2 months he preferred fruits only. After going for various tests in the hospital all reports are normal. The liver reports are near the normal levels. But under chest x-ray PA veiw there is some kind of infection or damage found in chest. And after sputum test TB is also found. The potassium and sodium ratings are : potassium On 16/6/2016 - 2.5 On 18/6/2016 - 1.9 Sodium On 16/6/2016 - 130.6 On 18/6/2016 - 128 The blood pressure of patient is low from last 4,5 days near by 100-70. The hospital has discharged the patient saying he is normal now. His TB medicine started but he after taking medicine he feels like vomiting, loose motions starts and he also had 2 vomits after 1st dose which came out with some orange substance with some liquid. He is also getting fever everyday around 100-101°. Can anyone please guide me what should be done now, why he feels like vomiting & loose motions and what diet can be given to him as he is not in a condition to take heavy diets as nOw also he feels like Vomits and loose motions sometimes. Please guide and help me out regarding this.
I do not want to go for sinus operation. Can I use otrivin nasal drop whole life because in night I need it to have a sound sleep.
My father is 70 year old he has asthma last 10 years Dr. Sir give me some suggestion for best treatment.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately.