Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Gastroenterologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hari Prasad
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Treatment
Biliopancreatic Diversion Treatment
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Submit a review for Dr. Hari PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old and I am getting bleed with stool at the time of getting fresh. What the reason for that. It is cancer or any infection.
What diet should be taken to increase metabolism. Due to lethargy weight is increasing and metabolism is decreasing. Would like to consult to nutritionist too.
I have some gas, acidity problem for 5 months, everyday I feel gas and acidity. According to a doctor now I am taking Rablet D every day in early morning before meal. But the problem not solving. I just want to get rid of this. Please help me.
Jab me apni wife ke sath sex kerta Hu to kabhi Mere ko loose, acidity or indigestion ki problem hoti h. Kya treatment karna chahiye.
I am surfing from indigestion for last 3 - 4 days. I go 2-3 time for bowel movement btwn 30 or 45 minute gap in morning and also in evening and after every meal (break fast, lunch & dinner. My stool form is water. I also want to tell that I am not satisfied in 1st and 2nd time I feel that my stomach is not clear. I hv no pain in my stomach but lack of interest to eat food after this problem please tell me about this problem and also tell me it's remedy and diet I am a defense person and m on spl ops duty. There are no hospital in this area.
Sir. I have habit of smoking (4 cigarettes/day. When I tried to run my heart will beat like hundred kilometers per hour. I have gastric problem too. Is my heart in problem?
My sister delivered a girl child 2 months back by cesarean. She's suffering from heart burn. Is this normal post 2 months?
Dear doctor I have got boils around my bum hole am scared can you help me what is it. It's paining alot not able to pass stool. Please help me.
I had gastric problem not much. Is red wine once in two days good for my health. Can you suggest me amount and time span for its consumption.
I am facing fatty liver problem its non alcoholic so could you please tell me how I can get rid of that. Please suggest.
Sir my father had digestion problem for 4 years we do not take any medication. He had gas trouble problem continuously. His stomach. He can digest some food. He always saying that he had motion trouble everyday. Past month he suffered from severe motion ailments but its ok now. Major issue was gas trouble doctor. He was suggested to take laxative powder. Pls help us doctor.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped, a sac-like structure that is located in the upper-right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- Eating diet that’s low in fiber
- Having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of the gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol. But this can take months or years to remove stones from the bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual meal times each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.