Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harbinder Bir SinghYour feedback matters!
Sir, now my age is 24 years but I look like as 35 years and above, now my face will be worst. How can change myself? please help me.
I am suffering skin problem from my childhood. I had consult with many skin specialist. But do not get positive result. My skin is too much dry. Without cream or lotion.
My Inner body is white in color, but my hands and face are in black in color by tan. How should I get a same normal body color to my hands and face.
Hi this is ajay I am 23 years old I am irritating from oil skin so how can I reduce my oil skin totally.
I am under weight what should be done to gain weight and to increase hunger. My skin is also very oily and I have pimples problem so please suggest some precautions or treatment to avoid these problem.
I have deep dark circles and I want to get rid of it please suggest something which is natural and effective.
Recently I was affected with some skin diseases. After treatment I observed that the affected area become black in colour. How should I recover my old skin?
Hello Doctor, My question is that my hands skin is not so good. So please suggest me what should I do.
I have some rashes between my tails. My tails is very close together because my walk sir this problem I used many rashes creams but not working. Now sir please help me.
I am a boy, 20 year old. these days the temperature is just at its peak can you please tell me the way to avoid tanning and get a fairer skin.
Sir, I have a normal complexion (not so oily. What facial cream should I use throughout the year? please name it.
Hey doctor I have a problem of piles. Anus k Charo tarf andar chhote chhote masse se h jiski vajh se mujhe bhot pareshani hoti h. Actually mera kam driving ka h jydatr mujhe baitha hi rhna padta h. Mujhe lagta h isi ki vajh se ye problem Hui h. So please suggest me any medicine to overcome this disease.
Hii. I am suffering from fissure. People say there is no permanent solution to it. So I would like to ask you whethr there is any permanent solution for it? if yes, could you please suggest me please. Thank you.
I have a fissure in my anus, is surgery a good option or homeopathy? Which would eradicate this problem forever.
I have black spots on my face, I use sunscreen cream but it nots goes please advise me to remove black spots?
Hello doctor. I am a 29 year old male from India. I need help. I am suffering from stomach related issues from last 5 - 6 years. Initially in 2007 or 2008, I used to be allergic to certain food. I used to get rashes on skin on eating certain spicy food. If I take atarax tablet it used to solve the problem so was not concerned much and later it went off on its own. But in 2012 I started having acid reflux or gerd kind of symptoms. After taking medicines which doctor had given for gerd it used to get solved then again re appear some time. I do not want this to create other problems in future. I took ayurvedic medicines for close to an year but it did not help much Below are the symptoms that I get at least once in 2 months and I will have a downtime of a week or so. Acidic burps, bloating, slight stomach pain, Constant nausea feeling, Feels very sleepy and tired after eating food, lot of burps. I get acidity after eating certain foods like egg, Split Black Gram, chocolates, oranges. Also, I had a left inguinal hernia surgery in 2008. Not sure if that is anyway related. I want a permanent solution for these symptoms since it keeps bothering me with my plans or ambitions in life. Although I do not get these symptoms always but once in few days I get.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.