Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I am pregnant by 37 weeks 3 days. During my last check up, my doc told me that my baby hasn't dropped and I am not dilated or effaced. But my baby is in head down position. M doing exercises, squats n daily chores and this is my first pregnancy. M so confused and worried whether my baby will drop or not as the days are progressing. Please advise.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
Hello doctor, I have daughter which is 10 years old. When she siting up and down her right knee have pain with sound. Day by day going it increasing. Give me proper replay.
I have 4 years old kid. He is very stubborn and he is not able to concentrate on his studies and not performing well. Even when I try make him to sit and write he is reluctant and try to avoid what ever ways I tried. Please suggest me what should I do to make my child study properly.
A few months ago, my daughter (8 months) develop continuous fever for 5 days then rashes, sore tongue and throat. The doctor diagnosed as measles. Fever stop on the day rashes appears. Now again she developed fever for 3 days then rashes appears. Fever is continuous without skip in between. Her temperature is around 102 fah this morning. Fever still persist. The rashes are exactly the same as before. All over body. Refused breast milk and food, but still alert and cheerful when fever comes down with acetaminophen, as it have been always before. What is the diagnosis of this condition. What is the treatment.
A 4 years old child having less haemoglobin 8. How to increase suffering from slight themoslamiya also. Please suggest.
Hi, My 2 years 6 months old child is suffering from loose motions and vomiting from yesterday. Yesterday we have consulted a doctor also, but it's still the same. He is not able to eat anything, as soon as he eat anything he is vomiting it out. What we should we give him in the dinner?
Baby is 1 month old now and Need remedy for rashes at bottom part .cries to much whenever pass gas and stool .not able to sleep properly from past two week.
My 10 months old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Please let me know what food can I give her now and how much meal to serve her in a day. She is on breastfeeding and also outside milk/ formula can be given as she wants only breast milk no solids.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking adhd (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? if so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Our baby is diagnosed with complete AVSD at 13 weeks. Is this curable or the only option is to terminate the baby. Please help.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything downincluding liquids. What should I do?
My baby 4 yrs. Old. He is suffering from bed wetting since 15 days & so irritable. He feeding only grind food n nothing else. What should I do?
Hi doctor, My 3.5 month old baby girl suffering from cough and cold, could you please help me out with the medicine name and dosage.
Hi. My son is 23 months old. Since he was 1 year. As sson as he drinks milk he gets pressure and does his potty.My pediatrician suggested not to give him milk. Is this really correct ?
Hello doctors my baby girl born on Aug 27 2016 with 2.50 kg.the problem is she is not gaining weight. Now also her weight 2.50 kg only. Her under eye and foot are swelling little bit. What is the problem.
This is extremely common in Indian babies. This appears as a blue-grey patch on the buttocks or the lower back. The patch can be quite large in size. They look unsightly, but apart from the cosmetic appearance, they do not cause any problems. Often parents confuse it with a bruise and see a dermatologist when it doesn?t settle down. This can be safely ignored and it may either disappear or become smaller with age.