Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GovindarajYour feedback matters!
Doctor only suggested me to use Venusia max cream on my 1 month baby. Can I use it or shall I use dermadew cream.
Hello sir, My daughter three n half years old, since last two day she was complaining of tooth pain so we checked but couldn't find any teeth that may pain. Started combiflam suspension for pain. Yesterday morning she got up with puffed upper lip and cheek so we took her to doctor he has started antibiotic (Amoxicillin & potassium clavulanate oral suspension), cetirizine and ibuprofen with paracetamol suspension. Today morning the swelling has increased and her under eye is also puffed now. Can someone please identify this problem and advise some treatment please, we are getting worried, please help.
My baby eat very less food. He did not eat chapati. He has small hole in his heart. But he recover day by day. Pls tell any precaution or medicine.
He has allergic dermatitis from 6th month onward. What is the best treatment for. And her weight is too low. How can she get weight.
I have 2.5 month baby she is suffering from cold and cough from 1 week I saw her a child Dr. He gave him asthakind and switch drop but no benefit Can you suggest me any best treatment Thanks.
Hi my daughter is 9 months old and she wakes up a lot in the night, every 1 hour she gets up and cry, any reason? Suggestions?
My daughter is seven and she gets cold attack every night her nose gets blocked and she freaks out as it becomes very uncomfortable for her to breathe. She doesnotven have cold in a days times that affects her.
My baby is of 2 1/2 month. Is it good to use goodnight or allot as mosquito repellent in the room? It is harmful or not?
Is it necessary to vaccinate my baby (16 month old) with MMR and PCV booster injection? IMA vaccination card does not mention these vaccinations but their staff says that these vaccinations are private and mandatory. Although I have vaccinated my baby with Varicella and hepatitis A vaccines in private clinics which are not mentioned in IMA vaccination card. So please guide me about these MMR and PCV booster vaccines about their necessities.
My Son who is 9 years old has polyuria since last one year. We got Urine ,Urine culture, KFT ,Sugar, ADH test but all are fine .Please advise next steps.
My daughter is 1.6 years and she is having less blood. Her haemoglobin is 8.8. What I have to do for increase the blood?
My age is 38. I was married late. We have a girl child who is now 6 years old. My husband wants to go for the second child. Some people say that children born in late ages are always by surgery. Is this true?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.