Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
Stress is a very harmful all inclusive component of the human kind and can be good for us at times so that we can meet deadlines, but an excess of stretch can be very hurtful and can trade off our health physically, rationally, and emotionally. Depression is a very common and primarily created by stress.
When we are bearing overabundance of stress, numerous frameworks in the body can be adversely influenced: the digestive framework and metabolic system, the cardiovascular system, the musculoskeletal framework, the nervous system and the immune system. Excess stretch can likewise affect our mental and emotional health, our relationships with others and additionally the well-being of our bones and make us age faster.
Ayurveda offers a wonderful point of view on stress and depression management. Here are a few natural and Ayurvedic ways that can help relieve stress and depression:
- Basil leaves with Yogurt: Take ten or twelve basil leaves and blend them into yogurt. You can also add sugar to make it tastier. Blend this mix nicely to make a paste. Drink this paste to help get rid of stress.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are the best type of herb to cure numerous kinds of diseases and infections. It is additionally extremely helpful during stress and depression. You can use it and feel its benefits.
- Take Chamomile tea: You can have chamomile tea. It is a successful treatment for depression. It can soothe your body from the inside and also help you sleep.
- Lemon Balm: Put on lemon balm to dispose off the tension and any kind of depression. It keeps up the nervous system working.
- Use ashwagandha: You can use ashwagandha to get alleviation from stress and depression.
- Lemon Juice: Drinking a glass of lemon juice every day is useful. Lemon is the best energizer for our body and keeps us on our feet while providing a cool feeling to the body from the inside.
- Almond with Milk: Take five to six almonds and drench into the water around evening time. Peel off and granulate them the next morning. Infuse this paste into a glass of tepid water. You can also add some honey or sugar to make it delicious.
- Triphala Powder: Using triphala with water around evening time is additionally helpful to recover from stress.
- Cardamom Seeds: You can take five to six cardamoms. Biting their seeds at whatever time in a day has been proven beneficial.
- Amla With Nutmeg: Take some juice of a crisp amla (Indian Gooseberry) and include a couple measure of nutmeg powder into it. Add some rock salt and blend them appropriately and drink it.
- Brahmi: Take a teaspoon of brahmi powder and swallow it with any natural liquid. It will help you channel your energy and work towards something more to distract yourself from stress.
- Yoga: For releasing stress, meditation and yoga are best. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I can not concentrate on study while studying I can't remember what ever I read and how I can increase my IQ. I want to that what ever I read it will remember for long time.
My dad is an alcoholic and he can't even spare a day without booze. Few days he can control but he is so used to it. How can I make my dad stop boozing or at least make him drink less or less often.
Dear doctor. I am working in an ngo as a computer professional for past 12 years. Presently I am suffering from lot of stress and anxiety and get angry for very silly reasons. Even though I am aware what I am doing is wrong I am not able to control it. Please help me in this regard thanks in advance
Of late, are you experiencing suicidal thoughts as a result of some severe trauma or loss in life? Suicidal thoughts may arise because of several reasons when you lose yourself totally and feel that you are not worthy enough for living in the world anymore. Such thoughts lead many people into actually committing suicide. Hence, you have to deal with suicidal thoughts carefully and prevent anything bad from happening.
Here are 10 useful ways through which you can deal with suicidal thoughts:
- Although you may feel like withdrawing yourself from all activities and socializing, it is important for you to talk to someone every day regarding your thoughts and what you are going through. Spend time with someone you trust. You can also call a crisis helpline and discuss your feelings.
- You have to develop an efficient safety plan. The plan must include the contact number of your doctor, friends and family who would help you during a crisis.
- Try to make a written schedule for yourself and follow it strictly. Keeping and maintaining a scheduled life is important for your mental health and will keep you diverted from suicidal or negative thoughts.
- Spend time in the sun and get into nature for at least one hour every day. This will help you to connect with something full of life and is important for eliminating suicidal tendencies.
- Daily exercise is also very important. You should exercise for 30 minutes every day. The bursts of activity and exertion will have a positive impact on your mind.
- You should devote your time for things which you like to do, but could never continue them in life. This will give you joy and a positive vibe, which is essential for fixing your mind.
- You should not forget about your personal goals. Think about the things you dreamt of doing, the places you planned to visit, and all the things in life you want to accomplish. This will bring back your hope of living in order to fulfill those goals.
- You should promise yourself not to do anything when you think of suicide. You need some distance between thoughts and actions. Promise yourself that you will not do anything stupid and will wait.
- Consuming alcohol and taking drugs can trigger your suicidal thoughts rapidly. Hence, you should not take these substances as an escape from your conflicting thoughts.
- It is also important for you to make your home safe. You should remove all the things, which you may use to hurt yourself such as knives, pills, razors or firearms. You should go to a safe place and avoid being alone when you experience suicidal thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I love two men. And I'm in serious relationships with both the men. Its not just casual fun. But now I want to live-in with both of my boyfriends. Many people say that I'm crazy and they say that what I'm doing is very wrong. They also say that something is wrong with my mind because they wonder how can I be serious and live with two guys at a time? But the truth is that I really love both my boyfriends and I'm committed to both. They love me too and are serious with me. They absolutely have no problem sharing me with each other. The three of us want to move in together soon. Am I normal for having an unconventional relationship like this? People don't understand it and only judge me in the wrong way. Either they think I'm a slut or I'm mentally crazy. Please advice me.
Hi I'm suffering from acute transient psychosis disorder, it started when I was in 7 th standard and I'm taking treatment from past 13 years currently taking divalporate 500 mg and quitapin 50 mg. Is there any cure for this disease. Mostly I had relapses in a gap of year. Now I'm 25 year old any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
I have bipolar disorder diagnosed in 2010. Presently I am taking Lovax 300 mg (Oxcarbazepine) x 2 times, mortimer 25 mg (Nortriptyline) x 1 at night. Alprax 0.25 mg x 2 times. My problem is Lovax 300 mg which is a mood stabilizer works OK but causes side effect of severe 24 hrs lower back pain. As soon as I stop taking it, my lower back pain stops fully in 4-5 days. This I have tried 2 - 3 times and I can confirm it, lower back pain is side effect of Lovax 300 mg. Presently I stopped it since last 7 days and I am feeling depressed and suicidal. I have taken Torvate Chrono 400 mg x 2 as mood stabilizer for 6 years, it worked but caused high serum ammonia in the end and severe lethargy and sleepiness in daytime so stopped it. Lithium gave me side effect of burning sensation in urine along with feverish feeling, plus I have severe diabetes so had to stop it. Can you suggest a mood stabilizer which I should take? Shall intake Torvate Chrono again?
I think I have been suffering from social anxiety and depression since last 7-8 months after I got a news about my partner cheating. Though we have talked it out, I am not able to believe her anymore even if she tells truth. I don't go out much, I hardly talk to people and I carry some of sort of guilt as if everyone is talking about me behind my back. I have started to lie to people without any reason, I don't feel positive at all. every time I am just paranoid about my relationship, if my girlfriend is lying or cheating. I am also not able to talk to my family members over phone. Basically I want to be left alone all the time in my own world. Before this relationship started, I had another relationship which I got rid of after discovering my girlfriend is cheating on me after 4 years of commitment. The past haunts me and now the lies of my current girlfriend have made me miserable.
My only son (9 Yr) is now a student of Class IV in a School at semi-urban area with his mother along with one of my relatives family (4 members) separately. I am working in other place away from them and attending week end / holidays. My wife is looking after every thing. She is efficient, accommodative, and is teaching child. At home have no TV connection. Child is (i) very arrogant and is not intending to study; (ii) eating too much, health is good; (iii) talkative other than study matter; (iv) mobile, computer may be handled quickly and can practice any play without any target; (v) has ability to grasp any songs/music; (vi) during study period he can grow different reasons to away from the class. Because of him my family peace is going away from home. My wife is becoming unrest for him. School is not far away, five minutes by walk.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation, however, adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons, but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness, it could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults:
1. Serious ailments like stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
2. The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
3. Excessive work pressure.
4. Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
5. Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:
1. Interaction is the key principle: Adults might need to talk. Being a grown -up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
2. Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment: Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
3. Providing a person with space is mandatory: Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
4. Make a depressed person take care of a pet: The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
5. Humor is a wonderful pill: Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
6. Ensure the person gets enough sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.