Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am engineering student. I am having some problems like I am behaving against myself. I am 20 years old. I am having teenage feelings like to have a sex with a girl. But I feel that it's not good at all. I always try to devote with whom I love. But can't stop it. What should I do in case I want to leave my such thinking. And also to focus on studies.
I am 17 year old and studies in class XII but I failed to concentrate in my studies then what should I do?
For a lack of better term I'm going to put my problem as depression, nothing I do now gives me satisfaction or happiness really. I am not happy with the way I look and I constantly judge and compare myself. I also have a huge issue with my weight which according to my family and friends pretty good. I want to come out of this self deterioration please help.
Mashallah I have no disease but how can I control on my smoking habit, help me out from this universal disease.
I am 44 years old and my mind will be in a disturb a disturb position thinking about negative impact which is happening on roads e.g. If any dies on met an accident I will think that'll happening to me and thinking abt negative. Please suggest me to be positive.
Is muscle twitching in arms has something to do with as when I smoke it starts developing and when I stop smoking for 2-3 days it disappears?
I've been using marijuana for past 5 years, I'm trying to quit it now, it's almost been two months since I smoked last. I feel depressed now a days, feels like there is no point in doing anything, what can I do to overcome this?
My child gets into trouble at school. He doesn't write. At home he tells a lot of lies. He has more friends of the opposite sex. He uses abusive language at school. He is very violent. He raises his voice. He is a poor eater when it comes to home made food. He throws tantrums to get things his way. He has no emotional bondage with anyone.
Most people have felt depressed in their lives some time or the other. Depression can be a natural reaction to failure, injured self-esteem or loss but when the severity of the condition increases it is diagnosed as 'clinical' or 'major'. Subtle signs of depression usually go unnoticed because it is difficult to determine whether it is a phase or a chronic condition. It is important to recognize the symptoms of depression and get help at the earliest.
Some major symptoms are consistent sadness, feeling hopeless, thoughts of suicide, uninterested in life, low on energy, a persistent physical trauma that does not respond to medications.
There are efficient homeopathic medicines that can work to reduce the illness, especially if treated in the early stages. Homeopathy is a reliable path to follow because it does not have any side effects, unlike antidepressants that tend to numb people. Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression.
- Arsenicum album - This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
- Natrum muriaticum - This homeopathic treatment is useful for mild depression or for people suffering extreme bereavement due to loss or a sudden shock.
- Sepia - This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from postpartum depression (sadness or emotional confliction after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, Doc I think my estrogen levels are low. Asfrom last few months blood flow in periods is very less. And periods use to stop after 3 days. I am always in low mood, anxiety. Please suggest something doctor.
I want to improve my intellect and memory for studying and also to improve my concentration so please help?
My voice sounds soft and different. I would to have a deep and authoritative voice. Voice therapy or any other solution for this.
I am 33 years old and I am suffering from depression. It's a recurrent type disorder. I have taken medications from last 10 years .during this period I have changed 3 to 4 doctors. But problem not resolved. From last 2 years I am taking medication continually from same doctors. Now I feel some better. The medications given by doc. Are 1.mirtaz7.5 mg 2.nexito5 mg 3.lamtec50 mg Please suggest me to overcome the depression quickly.
Sir, I am a studious boy. But since dec 2014, I am not able to concentrate in my studies and I lost interest in all the activities I used to excel in. I doubt if it is the primary stage of depression. Please help me to get over it. Thankyou!
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness.