Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GopalaswamyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from osmf Oral submucous fibrosis because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules with dentist recommendation. My mouth opening is improving. Before I found it hard to even put my toothbrush. But now I can eat most other food stuff .however I also feel numbness in my throat and was having difficulty BREATHING last week. It's gone again. I follow strict oral regime. Take garlic and green tea in morning daily. Eats lots of veggies and fruits. Do I have a chance of oral cancer and what is the problem with me. I always feel gas is formed in my stomach. Thanks.
Hello . Because of heat there's difficulty in normal toilet and I don't feel hungry and there is gastric problem also because of this. What can be done?
Today I burped a lot and it came out in a very acidic state. It triggered a vomiting sensation and I vomited. It was very acidic. I vomited whatever I ate that afternoon along with thick mucous. That was very unusual. Infact I was normal didn't have any headache or any problem. I was normally doing my work (writing work)
I am 24 year old male, I have been suffering from IBS for last four years and skin elasticity on lips lost also.
I am 63 yes chronic sufferer of insomnia I b s vague fear anxiety depression. I b s rushes with urgency/can't reach toilet in time. No smell/taste. Facing all this from past 10 years. Losing interest in life. C B t/meditation useless. Want some medicine to stop immediately urge to empty bowels. Sometimes will not allow reaching bathroom. Please help me with good medicine for above.
I am suffering from ulcers from last 1 week and I don't have any stomach related problems. So kindly suggest me some solution.
Hi I am 29 years old I am having digestion problem my stomach not digest properly the hard food like borota any grave I am veg only.
I have COPD and in addition my stomach is usually bloated which causes me to burp often. When I burp I feel relieved but at times even after burping I am uncomfortable. Then I resort to ENO. Is it advisable to do so and does it become habit forming?
I drank codein a bottle before 5 days and then there was red blood in my stool followed by constipation. Now I hav a small skin tag which also pains while doing anything. I am not being able to focus on any work. Please help.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.