Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopalaswamy
Submit a review for Dr. GopalaswamyYour feedback matters!
My weight is decreasing day by day because of Chronic pancreatitis. Please help me to recover my health. Is their any solution?
I'm 30 years female. I use to have constipation. Becoz of which I have developed an anal fissure. I'm taking medicine for constipation. I get relief from constipation and fissure. But whenever I stop medicine within couple of days my fissure problem reoccur. Pls suggest me some good medicine. I have changed my diet to veg diet n fiber rich diet. Pls pls pls help me. I'm really worried abt all this.
I feel uneasy to go for stool . Its like I go for stool in 5-6 days I can't digest food. Please suggest me something.
I have itching on anus, since December 2015. I apply an ointment on anus (Clobetamil G). If I don't apply it I have first itching and then pain, And I can't touch that area. And since one month I have itching near my both armpits, but that is not severe. please suggest me.
Hi. Doctors, My problem is gastric problem. I already consult to a doctor. Now I am using tablets. There is so many side effects I see. Leg feet's dry and hands also dry. And middle back pain. I think blood circulation is not proper in my body. Have any parts damage in stomach? Please support me.
I have pain in my knees, when I try to climb stairs. Also have regular acidity. My timings of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner are very irregular. Please help me with a remedy.
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
Hello Doc, I suffered gastritis in 2013 and my doc prescribed me etizolam tablets 0.5 mg in morning and 0.5 mg in night. The problem of gastritis is completely solved. Now the problem is that I'm not able to quit these tablets as I read in many blogs that these tablets are very addictive. I tried to taper it but after tapering I suffer it's after effects. I tried himalaya tagara on a docs advice but that ayurvedic medicines interacted with those tabs and I stopped using it after 2 days and now it's after effects are that I feel sleepy all the time due to it's interaction with etizolam. Please help me I want to get rid of these tabs any how.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.