Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. GopalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. My height is 185 cm and weight is 68 Kg. I want to increase my weight and want to eat more, but when I start to eat after a very little meal I feel that I could not eat more .I feel that all that food that I consumed would come back from my mouth.
I am 36+ years old. For last 7/8 years, every time after completing my menstruation I have another round in 7-10 days time. It is not much but more like spotting. Need advice on this. Also for past 1 year, on the right groin area, I have itching which leads to scars, on putting vaseline it slowly removes, but comes back in 7-10 days. Tx for your advice and suggestions.
I am a skeletal person. I eat so many food, but there is no improvement in my body. I want to develop my body. Please help me?
I got painful periods from 3 years ,now my age is 21 . And this month surprisingly I got no bleeding at the time of period . The pain was as usual . I am worried about it. What could be the reason ? Is not it unnatural?
I am 21 years old. I had a migraine problem. I took treatment for couple of months. But it seems no relief in pain.
Having PCOS taking fertility treatment for 1 year. Failed 2 IUI with gonadotrophins and clomid along with progesterone supplements. Have done HSG my tubes are open and semen count is normal too along with other reports. My gynaecologist suggesting hysteroscopy. Shall I undergo it? What are possible advantages and disadvantages of this procedure? What is the cost of hysteroscopy in India bangalore.
I am a 54-year-old female. Most of the time while I am walking, I trip and about to fall. What might be the reason?
Doctor, I'm 25 years old female. I was working in IT Company and than suddenly due to a tiny health issues I took a lot of stress and due to which I have to quit my job and after that I got even more depressed ,after leaving my job I use to think that m worthless. Since september 2015 I'm having sleeping issues. I can not stay asleep for more than 3 hours and every night I get lot of vivid dreams and most of the time I get this mind activity problem. Please provide some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I usually have regular menstrual cycles. My last period was on 20th march then I had unprotected sex on 24th match after my period got over. I had to take emergency pills on 24th. Now suddenly I had bleeding on april 1st. Am bleeding on my mid cycle. I know its normal. But how long will it last? I was advice to take t. Trapicto stop bleeding. Can I take it? I do not want to mess more with my cycle. Will bleeding stop after taking trapic?
I'm 28 year old. I'm suffering from hair loss from last 3 year. If it continues in next 2 year then will completely bald because currently I'm using Dr. Reddys monoxide liquid. Right now it seems to be stop.
I am constantly experiencing vivid hallucinations which often consists of encounter with celestial beings like fairies etc. What type of psychological disorder is this. Please throw some light on the matter in detail. I am experiencing vivid auditory, visionary and sensory hallucinations. Please enlighten me on this serious matter.
I am 28 years old. My palm skin and foot skin are very dry in every season. What should I do or take medicine to recover this problem?
I have a headache and also some back pain and also some high blood pressure so please suggest me some best advice.
I want to clean my teeth remove all dirt and plaque. Wanna do some filling in one tooth. Want to know how much it will cost?
Do anxiety make you feel like you are die . Or not .because all my blood work is good .my ct scan on the brain is normal. ECG is good/echocardigram is good. What too do doctors .all my test is good. But still get symptoms of a heavy head. Light hardness. Feeling tried and run down. Do need a MRI test if my ct scan on the brain is normal.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
Poor diet due to anorexia, bulimia can influence your hormones.
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Anxiety regarding pregnancy.
Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
Uterine fibroids, cysts, polyps.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
Endometriosis (this is a condition where cells similar to those found inside the uterus grow and are attached outside the uterus forming implants. This can lead to infertility and irregular menses).
Inflammatory Bowel disease.
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
Low energy levels.
Changes in sexual desire.
Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
Relax and ease stress.
Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
Eliminate any eating disorders.
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.