Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopala Krishnan
Submit a review for Dr. Gopala KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 82 had severe uti. And ok after treatment. Now during day outflow of urine is poor whereas in night time it is heavy. 3, 4 times and each time it is around 300ml or more. Kindly inform me for my action. Regards,
Sir if I drink a glass of water. I get urine. If I dnt drink water. I can control it fr a day. I'm 42 years old. Women. Please suggest.
I have stone in kidney right side 4 mm and left side 6 mm it is paining so much kindly suggest medicine.
Hello sir, I have excess urination problem because of sex? Age 30 male. Please advice what should i do?
I am diagnosed with 7 kidney stones size of 7 mm in right kidney. How to get rid of them permanently.
I have to go for toilet to pass urine as many as minimum 5 times during night. I am facing this problem from long time, it doesn't usually throughout d 7 days in week, whenever I am out f my space I feel as normal as any other person, people r saying dat may b I am suffering 4m sugar but I hav no history of diabetes in mah family and my lifestyle is also not bad in terms of food intake n I also go 2gym 4m d last 1 month.
Hi sir I am from india. I had stones in my kidney nd ureter. 16mm in ureter which was removed recently 20 day back with the help of laser lithotripsy. But 3 mm nd 4mm stones are still in kidney. This is the second time I had taken laser lithotripsy. 4 years before done the same procedure as had stone in my ureter. My age is 25. I am totally feared sir would you pls suggest me. To stop this stone formation plzzzzz. Hoping the best regards.
I have pain in stomach and urinal areas. Stone smaller size in urinal areas. Give me solutions to not occur stone in urinal area and kidney.
Early kidney disease does not have definite signs and symptoms. Getting tested is the best way to detect how your kidneys are functioning. It is important for you to get checked for early kidney disease if you carry high-risk factors including diabetes, high blood pressure or a family history of kidney problems. Early detection of kidney disease can help slow down its progress and even reverse the damage. Here’s a quick guide to the tests that are used to measure your kidney function:
- Blood Tests:
- Serum Creatinine: Creatinine is a waste product that is excreted because of normal wear and tear in the muscles of your body. If creatinine levels are greater than 1.2, it may be a warning sign that your kidneys are not functioning properly.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): How well is your kidney removing wastes and excess fluid from your body? The GFR is a mathematical calculation of kidney function and the lower the GFR, the lower the kidney function. A normal GFR is 90 or above.
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN): The breakdown of protein in the foods you eat is computed by the urea nitrogen value in your blood. A higher BUN value means the kidney is not working right. A normal BUN level is between 7 and 20.
- Imaging Tests:
- Ultrasound: In order to detect any abnormalities in the size or position of the kidneys, an ultrasound can be done as it would give a much clearer picture
- CT Scan: Any structural abnormalities and presence of obstructions need to be examined as well.
- Kidney Biopsy: A thin needle is used to make a small incision in the kidney for microscopic examination. It is done to identify the cause of the disease and assess the amount of damage. This test is needed to select the best treatment option for the patient and know how quickly the disease is progressing.
- Urine Tests:
- Urinalysis: Microscopic examination of the urine is done or a dipstick test can also be done to detect the presence of any abnormalities like excess protein, blood, bacteria, pus or sugar.
- Urine Protein: An excess amount of protein in the urine is called as proteinuria and used to measure the levels of protein.
- Microalbuminuria: A more sensitive dipstick test to detect tiny amounts of a protein called albumin in the urine. This is done for patients with diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Creatinine Clearance: Comparison of the creatinine levels in the blood and urine is done to show how much of waste the kidney is filtering out.
Be well-informed of all the diagnosis that can be done for kidney disease. Prevention is better than cure, so get your kidneys tested periodically to stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I don't know why I need to washroom for toilet 3-4times in an hour? But even I don't drink much water. And main think is my urine doesn't come at ones I need to go again and again.
I had pain in right kidney. I went through ultrasound and urine test. The urine report says that calcium oxalate is occ.
I had 2 mm stone in right kidney 1 year back, I took Kidstone (Himalaya) for 2 months, 2 months back I did a USG for lower abdomen, no stone was seen but minimal fullness of pelvicalyceal system is seen in right kidney. I can feel the pain right side of my back while walking or doing any heavy work. Can any one explain me what is there and what is treatment. Is there anything to worry?
Doctor it feels that I can not urinate whole of my urine and feels still some urine is left. I give more pressure in order to make it empty. I have frequent urge of urination. I had u. T few months back and doctor said its cured after having medicine. I have heard enlargement of prostrate also blocks urine. I still have the same problem as mentioned above. What is the remedy if prostate has enlarged and it is creating problem in me? Help plz.
8-9 mm stone detected in renal pelvis with right kidney shows moderate hydronephrosis. Doctor has advised to operate. Plse advise is surgery the only option or this can the treated with medicines where stone can be break and later can move out.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate Juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural Celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are Ayurvedic remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.