Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My jijaji have a stone problem in his kidney of 6 mm and he has hepatitis patient also what should he do?
Hi i 30years male recently i examin the (urine ) the result was (4-6 rbc) and (+++cal.) please advice me for further treatment (dr. prescribed antibiotic & alycluzire)
My dad is of 65 by age has urination issues it's random behavior where he struggles to pass urine may at least twice in a week in the afternoon hours ,however finds no issues during night do not know if that is UTI or prostrate he was operated for Prostrate two years back and dint find issues for couple of months looks like issue is back now .Cannot take him to Doctor as he is a paralysis patience wanted some quality advice on how to tackle this situation.
I have little pain on pee, I had uti (urinary track infection) so I have oflaxocaine tablet. Bt little pain is still there.
I am 26 old male. When I am passing urine, some drops of sperm also coming out. I dont know why it is happen. Please advice me a solution to stop this. Bcoz I have to pray 5 times a day. Due to this I cant take my prayer properly. Please reply me gud advice asap.
White thin odorous particles deposited on head of my even after cleaning it regularly. No pains, no erection problems. Problem is from last 8 yrs. Feel sudden n uncontrollable urge to urinate and some even drips escapes so. This prob has developed from 1 yrs. Pl diagnose.
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.