Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopala Krishnan
Submit a review for Dr. Gopala KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Having stone in middle calyx of left. Kidney 4.2 mm. Tiny cyst of. 9 mm with wall calcification small. Direct inguinal. Hernia in at right this is based on my. Latest finding KUB. USG. And as per urine routine. RBC. 5.6. And WBC 2.3. Now my issue is having burning urine. And right testicle pain on. Medicine. Since 5 days 2 tab. Neeri trice a day Alka 5. 2 Tbspn twice a day. And. Zifi 200 twice a day 7 days (as I am allergic to Sulfa and other antibiotic group)
You may experience a kidney failure when your kidneys are unable to filter waste from your blood in a sufficient amount. Several factors such as toxic exposure to pollutants, extreme dehydration, kidney trauma and other chronic diseases may lead to kidney failure. The body gets overloaded with toxins, which may trigger the kidney failure.
People prone to kidney failure generally suffer from one or several of these following conditions:
- Loss of blood flow to the kidney
- Sudden loss of blood flow into the kidney may cause kidney failure. Several conditions and diseases such as heart attack, heart diseases, severe burns, allergic reactions, severe infections or scarring of the liver may cause loss of blood. Anti-inflammatory medicines as well as medicines for blood pressure are used for managing blood flow.
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure are one of the main cause of chronic kidney disease. Controlling blood sugar levels and maintain blood pressure in normal range can prevent kidney failure.
- Problems with elimination of urine
- When the body is unable to eliminate urine, toxins are built up, which cause overloading of the kidneys. The urine passageways may get blocked due to certain types of cancers, such as colon, bladder and cervical cancer.
- Several other conditions such as kidney stones, an enlarged prostate and blood clots developing within the urinary tract can lead to problems with urine elimination.
Many other conditions may lead to kidney failure. These include blood clots around the kidney, infections, toxic overload from heavy metals, alcohol and drugs. Others include:
- An inflammatory disease of blood vessels
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease, which causes inflammation of several organs of the body
- Glomerulonephritis, a condition which involves inflammation of blood vessels of the kidney
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition where red blood cells are broken down after a bacterial infection
- Multiple myelomas, a cancer of the plasma cells present in the bone marrow
- Scleroderma, an autoimmune disease in which your skin is affected
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a disorder causing blood clots in small vessels
- Chemotherapy drugs, which are used for cancer treatment
- Certain dyes used for imaging tests
- Several antibiotic medicines
There are several symptoms, which indicate kidney failure. In some cases, symptoms are not experienced. Generally, the common symptoms of kidney failure include the following:
- Reduced amount of urine
- Swelling of ankles, feet and legs due to fluid retention as the kidneys cannot eliminate sufficient waste
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Feeling confused
- Pain and pressure in the chest
- Seizures and coma
There are several types of kidney failure in general. They include acute prerenal kidney failure, acute intrinsic kidney failure, chronic prerenal kidney failure, chronic intrinsic kidney failure and chronic post-renal kidney failure. It is recommended that you consult a doctor upon experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!