Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopala KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Whenever my mom coughs she also urinates. What could be the reason. Even if she laughs se gets urinated.
Hi I am 26 years old and I have kidney stones ans also pimples makes on my face please advice me for some ayurvedic medicine.
I am facing urine infection problem frequently. Please help me know the root cause & how cure permanently from urine infection.
I have right renal calculus I want to know about its treatment and what diet should I take to get dissolve that calculi.
Is homeopathic treatment for kidney stone removing is successful specially size of stone is 8mm(calcium oxalate)
Sir I am sending the report which is as follow hb - 12. 3, serum urea 83, serum creatinine 2. 7, serum albumin - 4. 2, serum sodium- 139, serium potassium- 5. 4 serium calcium-8. 8, serum inorganic phosphorus 3. 4, serium serum uric acid- 3. 8 study done tc-dtpa renogram image reveal - left kidney small in size, with impaired perfusion, impaired paraenchymal tracer uptake and adequate drainage. Right kidney small in size with impaired perfusion, imparired parenchymal tracer uptake and adequate drainage t-max left kidney 3. 5 right kidney 4. 00 relative function in percentage left kidney 45 percent right kidney 55 percent gfr left kidney 19. 2 right kidney 23. 4 total grf 42. 6 impression - bilateral small sized non obstructed kidney with impaired parenchymeal function.
Sir /mam I always feel like I have to go for urinate some time it is very less but I feel like heavy pressure n also at time of sex I also feel same please help me suggest proper medicine.
My mother has a disease of one kidney failed from last one year and second is infected. What cashew nuts is good for her?
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased as harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant, though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes immunosuppressive medications life long.
- Prevention of infection: Patient has to take care all the measures to prevent infections as they are more prone to infections.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, HTN etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related or cadavers (after brain death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and first reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done - patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, HTN, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc.
Consult a Nephrologist before going for renal transplant for detailed check up or line of action.