Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girija SubramanianYour feedback matters!
My wife got pregnant. But we don't want a child now. Its the first month of her pregnancy. What I have to do to prevent it? Is will fall in danger ? Please reply. She is not much strong physically.
I am 22 years old female and married and I am suffering with pcod problem. What are the measures should I take to cure pcod? Please suggest something for me.
My age is 21, I am having very irregular periods, sometimes once in 2 months. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my weight is 50 kg. I do physical exercises regularly and do not have any serious health issues. I can't understand the reason for my irregular menstrual cycle.
Dear doctor, We had miscarriage about 11 months ago. We are planning to conceive last 9 months but we are unable to get success. The doctor prescribed us clomid 100 mg this month and said I am not responding to the same. Also I hv been told that I have inverted retroflexed uterus. On ultrasound day 11 doctor said I hv pcos eggs with very few normal eggs and that is why I am not responding to clomid. What is the alternative treatment. Is there anything which could solve our issue. Patient age: 27 Ultrasound details Right ovary 2.6cm x 1.4cm Left ovary 2.9 x 1.5 cm Pls suggest if I can ovolute this month and if multiple small follicles will interfere in conceiving.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf during her first day of menstruation which came 4 days earlier and I ejaculated inside her vagina so is there any chances of getting her pregnant?
Though we may not give them much thought unless they're bothering us, our internal organs are what allow us to go on eating, breathing and walking around. Here are some things to consider the next time you hear your stomach growl.
The largest internal organ is the small intestine. Despite being called the smaller of the two intestines, your small intestine is actually four times as long as the average adult is tall. If it weren't looped back and forth upon itself it wouldn't fit inside the abdominal cavity.
The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet. No wonder you can feel your heartbeat so easily. Pumping blood through your body quickly and efficiently takes quite a bit of pressure resulting in the strong contractions of the heart and the thick walls of the ventricles which push blood to the body.
The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades. While you certainly shouldn't test the fortitude of your stomach by eating a razor blade or any other metal object for that matter, the acids that digest the food you eat aren't to be taken lightly. Hydrochloric acid, the type found in your stomach, is not only good at dissolving the pizza you had for dinner but can also eat through many types of metal.
The human body is estimated to have 60, 000 miles of blood vessels. To put that in perspective, the distance around the earth is about 25, 000 miles, making the distance your blood vessels could travel if laid end to end more than two times around the earth.
You get a new stomach lining every three to four days. The mucus-like cells lining the walls of the stomach would soon dissolve due to the strong digestive acids in your stomach if they weren't constantly replaced. Those with ulcers know how painful it can be when stomach acid takes its toll on the lining of your stomach.
The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court. In order to more efficiently oxygenate the blood, the lungs are filled with thousands of branching bronchi and tiny, grape-like alveoli. These are filled with microscopic capillaries which oxygen and carbon dioxide. The large amount of surface area makes it easier for this exchange to take place, and makes sure you stay properly oxygenated at all times.
Women's hearts beat faster than men's. The main reason for this is simply that on average women tend to be smaller than men and have less mass to pump blood to. But women's and men's hearts can actually act quite differently, especially when experiencing trauma like a heart attack, and many treatments that work for men must be adjusted or changed entirely to work for women.
Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions. You may not think much about your liver except after a long night of drinking, but the liver is one of the body's hardest working, largest and busiest organs. Some of the functions your liver performs are: production of bile, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, and detoxification.
The aorta is nearly the diameter of a garden hose. The average adult heart is about the size of two fists, making the size of the aorta quite impressive. The artery needs to be so large as it is the main supplier of rich, oxygenated blood to the rest of the body.
Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart. For most people, if they were asked to draw a picture of what the lungs look like they would draw both looking roughly the same size. While the lungs are fairly similar in size, the human heart, though located fairly centrally, is tilted slightly to the left making it take up more room on that side of the body and crowding out that poor left lung.
You could remove a large part of your internal organs and survive. The human body may appear fragile but it's possible to survive even with the removal of the stomach, the spleen, 75 percent of the liver, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area. You might not feel too great, but the missing organs wouldn't kill you.
The adrenal glands change size throughout life. The adrenal glands, lying right above the kidneys, are responsible for releasing stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. In the seventh month of a fetus development, the glands are roughly the same size as the kidneys. At birth, the glands have shrunk slightly and will continue to do so throughout life. In fact, by the time a person reaches old age, the glands are so small they can hardly be seen.
Thanks for reading this articles, if you like this artciles / daily health tips application, do consider torate our app with a review.
I am 24 years old girl. I have irregularities in my period that will gaining my weight. Now a days my weight is 56 kg .which affected on my regular period cycle. Please guide me how can I loose my weight.
My weight has been increasing abnormally over 2, 3 months due to enlargement of ovaries. What should I do?
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.