Doctor in UP Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for UP ClinicYour feedback matters!
Summers are here and so is the summer collection plus the summer heat.
Summers are the time when women are happy that they can, at last, wear their floral sundresses, wear shorts, spaghetti straps, and those who are planning to go to a foreign destination for their summer are probably sweating out at the gym to flaunt their perfect body in a bikini.
But along with all the good things there are also bad things and so with being able to strut out of the door wearing the latest fashion, we women are also worried about the damage the sun is causing to our precious, spotless and fair skin.
And not to mention the skin rashes and the horrible sweat which make us look disheveled and ugly.
Therefore, summer brings good and bad and hence we have to learn to be happy with the good and accept the bad and so today let's know about some splendid tips to deal with the heat this summer.
- So let us start with the first thing and i.e. put on a good sunscreen before you leave the house because the sun can do a lot of damage to your skin and I doubt you want that.
- The second thing is that wear an antiperspirant cum deodorant, this will stop from wet patches forming on the armpits of your dress and your back, and it will also make you feel fresh and good.
- It is good to wear loose cotton clothes during summer because it will give you free moment, it will be airy and you will feel comfortable wearing it, rather than feeling itchy and sweaty.
- Make sure that you wear cool colored clothes like blue, green, white, etc. And always carry a hat with you to protect yourself from the direct rays of the sun.
- Make sure you carry many wet wipes with you so that whenever you feel hot and sweaty you can wipe your face with that. And also carry your antiperspirant and deodorant to make sure that you don’t smell due to excessive sweating.
- Drink a lot of water and fruit juices. Heat can make your skin look dehydrated and lifeless and drinking a lot of fluids will help to restore the beauty of your skin.
Hence, these are some of the tips, which you ought to follow to beat the heat this summer and enjoy a happy summer.
Benzodiazepines are a family of molecules, some of which are used as sleep-inducing medications, while others are used as tranquilizers.
Benzodiazepines bind to a specific site on a neuron’s receptor for GABA, a neurotransmitter that counteracts the brain’s wakefulness mechanisms. Thus benzodiazepines promote sleep by augmenting this natural process.
The same gabaergic receptor also has binding sites that can be used both by barbiturates (a class of drugs once commonly used as sleep aids but now almost never used for that purpose) and by anesthetics, whose purpose is to put surgical patients to sleep.
Molecules that build up and make you sleep
As each day draws to a close, you feel the need to lie down and go to sleep. The onset of sleep, which seems like such a simple phenomenon from a behavioral perspective, is actually quite complex from a molecular one.
In the early 20th century, French psychologist Henri piéron hypothesized that prolonged wakefulness causes the build-up of a “sleep toxin" that is subsequently broken down during sleep. To test his hypothesis, piéron walked dogs through Paris at night to prevent them from sleeping. He then injected their cerebrospinal fluid into the brains of other dogs. He found that these other dogs then slept longer and more deeply than usual.
We now know that the “hypnogenic” (sleep-inducing) substances that piéron hypothesized do in fact exist. Some of them are small protein molecules that are produced by brain structures such as the hypothalamus and that inhibit the neurons of the wakefulness system.
But these proteins are not the only hypnogenic molecules. The build-up of serotonin in certain parts of the brain during periods of wakefulness also contributes to the onset of sleep. The serotonin level in certain areas of the brain also affects mood. That is why some problems such as depression and anxiety often lead to sleep disorders. People with low serotonin levels also tend to spend less time in restorative non-rem sleep over the course of the night.
Serotonin also plays an important role in sleep because the body uses it to synthesize melatonin. Melatonin is produced at night and plays a fundamental role in regulating the body’s biological clock. In fact, melatonin governs the entire sleep/wake cycle, whereas serotonin is involved more specifically in wakefulness, in triggering sleep, and in rem sleep.
Diagram of a melatonin molecule-
(atoms: pale blue = carbon, dark blue = nitrogen, red = oxygen,
White = hydrogen)
Thus sleep is triggered by two inter-related processes: the production and build-up of hypnogenic substances in the body while we are awake, and cyclical fluctuations in substances such as melatonin that are associated with our body’s biological clock.
Among the hypnogenic substances that build up while we are awake, adenosine has been the subject of much discussion since the mid-1990s.
An Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP) provides a snapshot of a patient's glucose levels over a typical day for 14 consecutive days. This makes it easier for the patients and their doctors to spot trends and identify dangerous hypoglycemic (very low sugar) episodes and high sugars. So the doctor can customize the diet and the treatment for the patient for best blood sugar control. The AGP is done through a very small sensor which is waterproof and does not hamper your daily activities. The process is painless and no pricking the fingers and blood tests are required for this.
Keeping in view of the high temperature of this summer, everyone should take plenty of water, and in food intake special care should be taken to drink more Butter-milk. However, the body extracellular & intracellular factors of Sodium & Potassium balance should be maintained properly.
Hydrosalpino is this term quite new to most of us? But the problem isn’t as new as the term is. Hydrosalpinx is the blockage of the far end of the fallopian tube which results in the accumulation of fluid within the fallopian tube. The affected fallopian tubes can be either one or even both where the affected area can become substantially swollen or grow a few centimeters in diameter. Abdominal or pelvic pain are commonly observed in patients with hydrosalpinx but frequently it results in infertility.
A crucial role played by the fallopian tube is during pregnancy. as the sperm enters the vagina, it travels to the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube where an egg would be present in either of the tubes if the intercourse has happened during the time of ovulation. After which fertilization occurs, the embryo is formed and this is implanted in the uterus and pregnancy is established.
Studies have shown that women with one open tube but another tube hydrosalpinx have reduced chances of pregnancy. Here are various reasons which explain why there is a low success rate in patients with hydrosalpinx. Low of fluid into the uterus could hinder implantation of an embryo. Fluids containing a lower level of proteins, various amounts of debris and other toxic substances are harmful to both the embryo as well as the lining of the uterus. Fluids may cause sweeping out of embryos. There is substantial evidence to suggest that the success of IVF treatment is significantly lower for women with hydrosalpinx in comparison with the other causes of infertility.
Investigators recently compiled the results from 14 different studies to try and figure out the success rate of IVF treatment on women with hydrosalpinx. 5592 patients were analyzed went under 8703 IVF embryo transfers of which 1004 patients were diagnosed with hydrosalpinx and 4588 had tubal blockage without hydrosalpinx. Their 4 different outcomes were overall pregnancy rate drop, lower implantation rate, drop in delivery rate and increasing miscarriage rate in women with hydrosalpinx.
The best treatment option for these patients is to undergo tubal disconnection before the IVF treatment. Tubal disconnections present in the fluid of hydrosalpinx from entering the uterus and thus improves chances of implantation after an embryo transfer in an IVF treatment cycle. Ultimately, retaining the affected fallopian tube is more harm and there is no benefit in achieving pregnancy.
One of the most common reasons of erectile dysfunction is obesity, which might sink your intimate life to a great extent. It is really crucial that you are in control of your weight and regain your libido.
One of the most common chronic conditions that men face is that of erectile dysfunction (ED). Statistically, over 18 million men above the age of 20 experience it to some degree. It is an inability to achieve or maintain erection required for desired sexual activity.
Though there might be various reasons for it, there is a consistent connection between obesity and sexual dysfunction. It has been found that obese men are prone to ED 2.5 times more than those of normal weight. These symptoms of ED and various other health issues can be observed if you are just 30 pounds overweight!
- Obesity causes atherosclerosis, which is a cardiovascular condition. In this condition, cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, thus restraining blood flow to the organs in the body including the penis.
- The testosterone level in obese men is low. Due to absence of this sexually-stimulating hormone, there is an inability to achieve erections as testosterone is needed to increase the level of nitric oxide in penile tissue, which acts as a blood vessel dilator.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction is considered as the first sign of a weak heart in men who are overweight.
- Men might experience a low libido, because of the reduced testosterone levels.
- They might experience a depressed mood and lowering in their levels of energy.
- They might experience a diminished sense of vitality.
It’s really crucial to shed that extra weight if you want to regain your sex life. It has been found by researchers at the Center for Obesity Management in Naples, Italy that one third of obese men have improved sexual activity after they lost weight.
- Lose weight. Check on how much you eat in a day. Aim at losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, which equals to losing around 500 to 1000 calories in a day.
- Look out for what you eat in a day. Avoid chips and dips, and become friends with greens and other raw vegetables as your snack. Stop eating the processed and red meats; replace them with fish instead. Switch to whole grains.
- Physical activity is the most important aspect when it comes to losing weight. Implement a successful weight-loss strategy. Take out some time by skipping a few episodes of your TV show, get up from the couch, and get active for around 30-45 minutes in a day. Repeat this 3-5 times in a week.
- Lastly, maintain these habits until you don’t shed those extra pounds that are a hindrance to your sex life.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos helps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari is advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.