Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. George M. ChandyYour feedback matters!
I have done endoscopy for stomach pain and acid reflux, antrum gas. Result is gastritis, esophagitis. doctor prescribed me pantakind and sucrafil syrup. So please suggest me is it enough for remedy.
I am Rohit kumar at the age of 25. I have been facing the problem of gas a couple of years, add to this whatever I eat except basic food like chapaati, daal (pulses), vegetables become problem for me and my stomach goes upset and release bad gas. Tell me how can I get rid of it.
Please suggest some medicine for Fistula in ano. Last year I faced operations for High End Fistula In Ano and Doctor confirmed that the problem is over now but currently I am feeling minor pus releasing and not feeling any pain, so is thr any alternative option except for operation?
I am 46 yrs old and suffering from acidity & light pain and irritation in the stomach. The symptoms are not at particular on place but it keeps moving. From last 4-5 yrs I have been treated for GERD. But not yet recovered. Kindly suggest.
I am 40 years male having burning sensation and little pain in anus lower part since few days. What is the case may be? Please advice.
My mother is suffering from a burning sensation on feat sometimes she cant even walk can anyone plzz help her my moms age (39)
I am suffering from heavy hairfall. Whenever I get sweat. I drink 2 litres water daily, shampoo and condition after 2days. then also all the day whenever run my fingers through my hair 2-3 strands came out just so easily. Moreover I have gastric and pherenjities. So I take gastric tablet every day and I have so much mucous, I take zincovit and folic acid regularly, I drink milk too, and livosin also. As I dont feel hungry without taking livosin. My scalp is very oily and my hairs are very curly, frizy and thin. Suggest me what I should do?
My digestion is not good. I feel heavy even after by motion. I don't feel fresh. Bad gas happens all the day. Help me.
Think you may be constipated? For somewhere in the range of, a bowel development each other day is totally ordinary (however, Ayurveda would at present prescribe a few methodologies to expand consistency). For others, only one day without a bowel development is a certain indication of clogging. Likewise with most things in Ayurveda, the setting of every person (and his or her experience of the circumstance) is significantly more critical than any one-size-fits-all meaning of what is healthy or typical.
The Ayurvedic Perspective
As indicated by Ayurveda, blockage happens when vata's cool and dry qualities irritate the colon, repressing its appropriate working. The remedy is to include warmth, oil, and hydration to the framework with a specific end goal to counter the overabundance vata. The accompanying procedures particularly counter vata's cool and dry qualities and can be exceptionally useful in supporting the arrival of ordinary bowel movements.
- Drink Lots of Warm or Hot Water and Herbal Tea: Drink no less than 80 ounce of water or natural tea every day. Warm and hot liquids are best since they adjust vata's frosty quality. It's additionally imperative to drink the larger part of these liquids far from dinner, no less than 20 minutes prior, or 1 hour in the wake of eating.
- Expand the Quantity of Organic Oils in Your Diet: Top notch oils grease up the tissues so that a fitting measure of oil or fat can stay in the stool. While most oils are for the most part steady, the best oils for vata are sesame oil, ghee and olive oil.
- Eat Plenty of Fruit: Natural product is hydrating, sinewy and for the most part assuaging to vata. Particularly strong decisions incorporate ready bananas, peeled apples, drenched raisins, doused prunes, and peaches. Be certain to eat the organic product no less than one hour before or after different sustenance and bite them altogether to get the most extreme advantage.
- Drink Some Fruit Juice: Pineapple squeeze and prune juice are especially viable at moving abundance vata in the colon. It is likewise fine to warm or weaken natural product juices with water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 31 years old. I have a gallstone of 11 mm is it possible to remove the gall stone using homeopathic medications.
My wife suffers from ano-rectal disorders. Most of the times, she goes to latrine, while passing stool, profuse bleeding occurs. Several allopathic/ayurvedic medicines have been taken, but to no rescue. Kindly suggest the ways to get rid of the disorder. Regards.
I am 29 years old female I am having gas problem constipation from last 15 years. I have consulted Doctor. He has prescribed me last fiber and Thyroxine sodium tablets 75 mcg. But there is no any basic difference by taking the medicine regularly for 4 years. In between I have also gone through Colonoscopy, but even the same result. please help me too much of gas is forming in my stomach, advice me any medication.
My gall bladder was removed due to stone formation, after 4-5 years I got jaundice but it got curred by taking medicines but then after I always have severe gas troubles, so I just want to know how will I get rid of my gas troubles?
You pass by the cake shop and happen to glance at a sumptuous chocolate cake, and then realization dawns on you that you are not allowed to eat simple sugar. Why? The answer to it is diabetes, for which you only have your pancreas to blame. Situated behind the stomach in your body, the pancreas is an organ whose role is to produce hormones and enzymes that aid in the digestive process. One of the hormones that the pancreas produces is insulin which is required by the body to metabolize sugar that is present in various foods.
So, if your pancreas does not produce the required amount of insulin or fails to utilize insulin effectively, it leads to accumulation of glucose in your blood. The improper functioning of the pancreas leads to diabetes. There are four types of diabetes and they are classified with respect to the manner in which the pancreas mal-functions:
- Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the immune system of the body wrongly attacks the insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas. This impairs the ability of the pancreas to secrete insulin, thus leading to Type 1 diabetes. However, even after extensive research in this field, the exact triggers haven’t been found yet.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes develops when the body becomes resistant to insulin. It can either mean that the pancreas is producing less than normal insulin or the body is not being able to utilize the produced insulin effectively. Factors such as a poor diet and lack of exercise increase the risks of Type 2 diabetes.
- Pre-diabetes: Pre-diabetes is a condition wherein the blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered as ‘diabetes’. It can again occur due to a reduced secretion of insulin or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin effectively.
- Gestational Diabetes: This type of diabetes can develop only during pregnancy. This occurs primarily as the placenta, that connects the fetus with the body’s blood supply, produces hormones that impair the functioning of insulin. This type of diabetes can affect both the mother and the child.
Another common link-
Pancreatitis is a condition that is marked by an inflammation of the pancreatic cells. This inflammation can damage the beta cells that produce insulin, thus resulting in diabetes. Factors that contribute to it are a poor diet, lack of exercise, presence of excessive calcium in the blood or excessive alcohol consumption.
Diabetes is also known to increase the risks of pancreatic cancer, especially if you have been suffering from this condition for more than 5 years. Pancreatic cancer and Type 2 diabetes share a few similar triggers such as a poor diet, obesity and lack of physical activity.
How can you avoid the same?
It is best that you incorporate lifestyle changes if you have any of these disorders, and talk to your doctor about a treatment plan. Making a few simple lifestyle changes such as eating healthy, avoiding smoking and exercising on a regular basis can reduce the chances of you suffering from both diabetes and any other pancreatic problems. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.