Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. George M. ChandyYour feedback matters!
Sir mare blood mai jan 2015 se hbsag postive aa raha ha lakin viral negative aa raha ha sir kuch din phele left keya to blood kafe bada huaa aa raha ha sogt or sgpt thik ha sir ye kase thek hoga or kya karna hoga please help me.
Actually my frnd have problem related to gastric so I want to ask solution about problems problems n ol.
I am a 21 year old girl. I have noticed blood in m stool many times. And its quite painful also. What should I do?
Hi, I have gastric problem last two years now I am getting pains both sides of stomach 2) I have foot pain last one year 3) last six months I am getting wait loss 4) my body is having heat every time in a day since last 3 months I am feeling These are causes to colon or stomach cancers and friends also telling like that. So Please help me what to do.
Hi, After 20 days my blood report shows sgpt 70, sgot 43. I am taking tb medicine. What should I do?
I am 30 years old.in winter season my health down gradually. My digestion system fail in winter. My whole body pains.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.