Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
My daughter had hepatitis A for 3 weeks she stopped her 6 months baby feeding. Now she is alright but she had a lot of itching. Can she start her baby feeding back. because Dr. says yes n pediatric Dr. said not to feed.
My girlfriend delay her periods 5 day now her last periods end on 5th april and we had unprotected sex on 11th april and she took ipill with in hour. Please help is this normal.
Hi From a long time I have been experiencing some problems with my sex life at the time of excitement I could not be able to erect my penis at adesired level. I have been experiencing inguinal herniya from my childhood what should I do.
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it like a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth or during breastfeeding.
- One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
- The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
- The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these estrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
- It is also contra-indicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer.
- If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
- In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
- Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- Include more of these- raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content. Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance.
Plus I penetrated just one time without condom in her and suddenly pull it off so that no problem occur but she is having spot today of red color and having pain in lower abdomen and back. After that we used Condom from 23 to 25 April her last date was 2 april and today should be her next date but she got spots of red color please tell what is this. Is this implanting bleeding or this is marking of her periods.
Hi I am 32 years old fit and healthy man. I am not suffering from any illness. 6 month back I became father. My problem is since I've not done sexual relationship with my wife for a long time so, I get strong desire of sexual activities and later I feel guilty. Now I want to concentrate in Parenting and my career. I don't want to indulge in any sexual activities. Is there any medicine which reduce my sexual desire. Please help me. Its very important for my self respect.
Watermelon is one of the richest natural sources of l-citrulline, an amino acid that can help make your erection harder. It’s also loaded with citrulline, an antioxidant that converts to l-arginine once it’s in the body. Like that little blue pill, l-arginine stimulates the production of nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to the penis, strengthening erections.
Eat the fruit plain or mix it with some tabasco, olive oil, lemon juice, feta and mint to make a sweet and savory side dish that will help you go all night long. Bonus: capsaicin, the compound that makes tabasco sauce hot, releases chemicals that increase heart rate, mirror signs of arousal and rev your libido.
The bottom line? munching on this salad will get you in the mood for the evenings' festivities and increase your duration in the sack, too.
Hello Doc, can I take hot water bath before sleep in periods? Would it be useful for body ache due to periods?
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, she took ipill within 16 hours, she got bleeding after 6 days which lasted for two days but her normal period is delayed by 6 days. What does it mean? Is she pregnant?
Painful menstrual cramps is a condition during periods in which a woman or girl has crampy lower abdominal pain, sharp or aching pain that comes and goes, or the pains which radiates to lower back and thighs. In some women or girl the cramps are associated with nausea, loose stools, headache and dizziness. Many women or girls have painful menstrual cycles.
During menstrual cycles, the uterus tries to expel out its lining and a hormone called progesterone is responsible for the uterine muscle contraction. The more the prostaglandin level, more painful the cramps.
Sometimes the pains are moderate to severe making it hard to do normal household work, job, or school-related activities during each menstrual cycle. Painful periods or menstruation is the leading cause of absence from school and work among women in their teens and 20s.
In medical terms it is called as 'Dysmenorrhea.'
There are two categories of Dysmenorrhea.
Primary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that occurs around the time that menstrual periods first begin in healthy young women. In most cases, it is not related to a specific problem with the uterus or other pelvic organs.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that develops later in women who have had normal periods. It is often related to problems in the uterus or other pelvic organs, like
Intrauterine device (IUD)
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Sexually transmitted infection
Stress and anxiety
Home remedies to manage the Menstrual Cramps-
Take a hot water bag and give hot fermentation to lower abdomen, lower back or thighs
Do light circular massage with your fingertips around your lower belly area.
Eat light but frequent meals.
Healthy nutritional diet is a great help
Side lying position with knee folded helps to relieve the pain
Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga
Take warm showers or baths.
Walk or exercise regularly, including pelvic rocking exercises
Loose weight if overweight
When to consult a doctor?
Severe pain associated with nausea/ vomiting
Increased or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Fever and pelvic pain
Sudden or severe pain, especially if your period is more than one week late and if sexually active
No relief with routine medications
If intrauterine device (IUD) is inserted
Heavy bleeding with clots
Pain occurs at times other than menstruation, begins more than 5 days before period, or continues after period is over.
Hey doc please prescribe any effective yeast infection medicine I got yeast infection every time at least 2 times in a month and I am very disturb with this problem I don't want to go to doctor because m very shy to open up. please help.
I am 26 year old. I am trying to convince from last 1 year but not get successful. And my periods are regular. What should I do.
This quote is over centuries old and even at that time, the father of modern medicine (allopathy) realized the importance of healthy eating. I think we all know the benefits of eating healthy. Glowin skin, healthy hair, optimal weight. And one can just go on about the benefits. But what exactly constitutes" healthy eating?
A plant based diet is wholesome and nutritious and is closest to our mother earth and nature. A way of living which is in sync with nature and all its goodness, is the best possible gift you can give to yourself.
Eating greens, beans, legumes, nuts, fruits and seeds (flax, sunflower, sesame, etc.) will boost your immune system.
Beginning your day with a green smoothie is like gifting your body a luxurious detox each day. Consuming less of dairy will do your intestines good and help maintain your body at an alkaline level.
Consuming brown rice (which is rich in fibre) instead of white rice will help you maintain a slim waistline.
Doing aerobic exercises and brisk walking helps to boost your metabolism by keeping your heart pumping. This is the best anti-aging skin formula!
Spending time with yourself to know the real you is from where change happens. Change happens from within.
"within you, lies the answer to wholeness" - denise
Hope you all enjoyed the article!
In January 2015 I was effected with mums (my left cheek was swelled) now again in Dec 2015 I am effected with mums. Will this continue to happen every year (every winters. Is there any home remedy?
My all reports are normal. My husbands reports are normal. We have try to conceived last 3 years. But not success. My husband and my family worried about this. And I have done ovulation study also. What we can do now.
I am 33 year old n have a infertility problem. I have conceived 3times bt it was miscarriage after 4 week 1 pregnancy was normally. 2was iui 3 was ivf. Ivf with laser hatching lcsi. Blastocyst. My follicular study is normal et was good husband has low sperm count lessthan 15%. Doctor advised me to use egg donor but I m confused why I should. Please give me a suggestion.
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.