Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gangadharan S G DYour feedback matters!
A bundle of flash on my shoulder about thumh size with no pain. Could it be a cancer who to get it be checked. Kindly assist.
My father has mass on gall bladder. One time they feel pain and fever but after antibiotic of 9 days course he is OK. Please tell is it any severe issue or simple.
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
Squamous cell carcinoma of left cheek-4th stage. Any testimonial about Johana Brandt's grape cure in India?
My mother has tumor in her breast and doctor says operation. But she is not ready for that is their any other way?
Flow of urinating has become slow. In the process the frequeny has been increased. Checked sugar level. Sugar is within the limit. It may be a prostate problem. Is surgery must. If so after surgery noraml life can be performed.
I am 25 years old . I want to know that doea coffee causes cancer? I am very fond of it and drink it 5 to 6 times a day. Some times 10 times a day. Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am a diabetes patient and prostate gland. I got to know about my situation related to prostate in 2005 and about diabetes in 2006. According to suggestion of doctor I visited, I took the medicines but it didn't work. What should I do?
I friend have overy cancer then right overy was removed whether she will affect by cancer again then can she able to carry the child in stomach. In one overy there will be the opportunity to born the baby.
My mom is 62 years old she is suffering with CA ovary cancer and it's in third stage. We have gone through chemotherapy but their was no change. Doctors are telling to go for operation but they are not giving us any assurance. Can you suggest us for best one.
I have boil near my breast in which their is no pain and this boil does not increase, decrease.i consult with surgeon she tell me their is no problem with this pls consult me is it dangerous.
My aunt has initial stage of Breast cancer & have removed left breast. Now Chemo therapy needs to be started. Doctor suggested Cup therapy or Vein therapy. Kindly suggest which is better therapy?
Hi I am suffering from lung cancer stage 4 I am not having enough resistance to have chemotherapy what should I do Im in stage 4 what will be my life.
Does adernla gland cancer cause excessive hair growth including head and eyebrows hair? Does it also affect the growth of head hair and eyebrows hair?
What are the major causes of blood cancers in children's who are less than 18 years of age & they haven't done any smoking or alcohol?
Hai doctor. I am a cancer patient. I took 6 cycles of chemotherapy. So I have low sperm count. Will it be permanent? how I can increase my sperm count.?
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.